Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Good luck Matt, I talked to Chuck and he's going to give me your points!!!
OK KOOL......
Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anyone gonna run at the track on Thursday or Friday? I'll be coming back through Altoona then..........
Old 12-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Track

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Anyone gonna run at the track on Thursday or Friday? I'll be coming back through Altoona then..........
I won't be around till midday friday, I can open up for you friday night.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Before I am to drunk to type....
Happy New Year!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello everyone,new to the site!!But from the Altoona area!

Ive been into r/c cars since 1986 my first real r/c was a Traxxas Cat!!Ive had buggies,truggies,t-maxx's,Savages,revos etc.Well now i want to buy a good 1/8 scale buggy!!I dont know what to get?I was looking at the Cen matrix R2,then just put a better motor/pipe in it and my Spektrum and go from there.I seen that the Losi 8ights have become really cheap!!!And then theres the new Hot Bodies D8?The new Mugen,Ofna,Kyosho!!!!I Love the rtr Losi 8ight.It comes with the spektrum the mach 427/and pipe(that i would sell of course.What motors are most of you guys running in your buggies?RB,Novarossi's,O.S's,WERKS?And another thing my parets on a bunch of land and as soon as it starts to get warmer and the ground gets warmer,were going to build a pretty big Oval track.I figure 100 to 125 strights and banked turns!!!I dont know if any of you are builing an Oval,But i dont think there is any close to here so were gonna to start that probally in April.If you guys have any suggestions for me i would really appriciate it.Thanks a lot!!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2009 Points Series

The updated "reset" points standings are posted:
http://sites.google.com/site/altoona...ries-standings

Remember, if you want to run a different division, no problem - just let me know and I'll get it set up.

Anyone will be able to qualify and run for a weekly A-Main win, if desired.

Thanks and good Luck!

Also, remember we have a couple Friday night races coming up.....
Please check the site regularly.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down I guess everyone is right about Altoona Raceway!

Sorry for being a dickhead,i just thought i was being ignored.And i just want to have a good running buggy this year.I do appolagize to everyone on the site for being a dick!!!I hope you guys can forgive me!

Last edited by WONEABRACER; 01-01-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: I answered wrong!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WONEABRACER
Ive been into r/c cars since 1986 my first real r/c was a Traxxas Cat!!Ive had buggies,truggies,t-maxx's,Savages,revos etc.Well now i want to buy a good 1/8 scale buggy!!I dont know what to get?I was looking at the Cen matrix R2,then just put a better motor/pipe in it and my Spektrum and go from there.I seen that the Losi 8ights have become really cheap!!!And then theres the new Hot Bodies D8?The new Mugen,Ofna,Kyosho!!!!I Love the rtr Losi 8ight.It comes with the spektrum the mach 427/and pipe(that i would sell of course.What motors are most of you guys running in your buggies?RB,Novarossi's,O.S's,WERKS?And another thing my parets on a bunch of land and as soon as it starts to get warmer and the ground gets warmer,were going to build a pretty big Oval track.I figure 100 to 125 strights and banked turns!!!I dont know if any of you are builing an Oval,But i dont think there is any close to here so were gonna to start that probally in April.If you guys have any suggestions for me i would really appriciate it.Thanks a lot!!
Everyone has $1200+ buggies,truggies!!They dont help anyone when you go there and race!!!!And it looks like the same person has been winning every race since the summer!!!!!!!!!Must me an owner or something!!!!Anyways......I will go else where!!!!!!!!!!!Peace
Unfortunatley your first post at 1:23 a.m. on a night that people where spending time with their family and friends was not answered and you decided to trash us? You could not be more wrong about TRS and our on-track/forum help for new comers and racers. In reallity we are well known for our "friendly nature" and helpfullness in the pits during club races! Apparently your research also yeilded some wrong results because we had multiple scale winners over the summer and NO Tom Stober is not a track owner!

Your post has been reported to the Moderator of this thread and will hopefully be removed. Take your negative thoughts and opinions elsewhere! Someone of your nature is not needed on our forum or at our track! SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR PROMISE AND GO ELSEWHERE!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

sorry but you wrote on a night that everyone was at parties and out late and sleeping in if you cant wait for a reply you should not be on here
later Jeff
Old 01-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

did i miss somthing??????????????
Old 01-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastestcat
did i miss somthing??????????????
No but apparently wannabe did!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Everyone has $1200+ buggies,truggies!!They dont help anyone when you go there and race!!!!And it looks like the same person has been winning every race since the summer!!!!!!!!!Must me an owner or something!!!!Anyways......I will go else where!!!!!!!!!!!Peace
If you have never been to the track how would you know if we are helpful or not? Everyone that visits the tracks think the exact opposite of what you just posted, maybe you were drunk when u read the results and your eyes went cross-eyed???

I would say come and give it a try, but with an attitude like yours....PLEASE just stay away!!! THANKS
Old 01-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i agree...you jumped the gunn on the trash talking pretty quick there.
anyways on the helpfull note...you might just want to consider whatever buggy is easy for you to get parts for.there are alot of losi eights out there running..some have rc8 out there...and some have mugens...some have jammin..
i have a losi eight...im using the rb s5 engine and rb pipe...some people have os engines and some people have picco engines..some have i seen ninja engines.

your best bet is to get something that you can get parts for..i dont have the most exspensive engine out there and it performs well....dont really need to go crazy on like modded 7 ports or anything...we welcome anybody to come to the track and race.
and although it might seem that there are weeks that the same person winds...at any given week like touring car racing anybody could win.

hopefully in the future you wont be so quick to bash and patiently wait for an answer as wee all have to do.

lata
Old 01-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Track

Just to be clear:

The Altoona Raceway has always offered classes for everyone and encourages anyone to come race and have fun!

Thanks again to all the good people who race at and support the Altoona Raceway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.