Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Originally Posted by fastestcat
awesome night of racing.... gonna be a great year in TC....
yes it is
Old 10-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

alex,
good job on the win tonight.congrats to ed for qualifying second.looks as if my not finishing mains is followed me indoor as well.man i hope i break that habbit soon....lol....
had a great time though...yea tc is gonna be tight racing all winter.looking forward to next week already....
Old 10-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That was a pretty good opening night. Unfortunately, a couple pipes came undone in the Touring Car mains but I think we got that under control now.

Congrats Alex - TQ, fast lap and the Win! Doesnt get much better than that.

Morris, At least the car looked like it was working, you'll be up front again soon.

I knew when Doug got into the AMain he was going to tare it up.

The young guys in 'Sportsmans' touring car all did really well. Its not often you go to an RC race and see 4 or 5 kids under 15 racing hard. Congrads to JB on the win.

Nascar/Oval - It didnt take Gerald and Dan very long to figure out the track. They are almost impossible to beat at the Altoona Raceway.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ed237
That was a pretty good opening night. Unfortunately, a couple pipes came undone in the Touring Car mains but I think we got that under control now.

Congrats Alex - TQ, fast lap and the Win! Doesnt get much better than that.

Morris, At least the car looked like it was working, you'll be up front again soon.

I knew when Doug got into the AMain he was going to tare it up.

The young guys in 'Sportsmans' touring car all did really well. Its not often you go to an RC race and see 4 or 5 kids under 15 racing hard. Congrads to JB on the win.

Nascar/Oval - It didnt take Gerald and Dan very long to figure out the track. They are almost impossible to beat at the Altoona Raceway.
ed,
i dont know if the car will get me up front where you are at.it seems to go around the track ok.but it could be better.i did alot of different things to the car yesterday to see how the car would react.i think that maybe next week im going to try a few other things as well.
i had fun though...i was a little frustrated in the main cause of the steering problem i had.but thx to brad for pointing out the problem.that got token care of....i know i did run a fast lap of 10.9...but that was only because i was driving my but off foloowing alex....lol
Old 10-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Default VINTAGE TRANS AM

Anybody interested in Vintage Trans Am racing?

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/

This could be the new TT01 at our track; Realistic cars that are just a little slower and with several battery/motor options.

Alex has one and JB was running the VTA tires on his touring car (the one with the the pick up truck body) yesterday.

We could relax the rules at first until everyone gets a chance to convert.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

ill bring mine next time i come so everyone can check it out
Old 10-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

i might be interested.i want to get my son into it.so i need to get the tt0l fixed.and need to score a radio for him.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

if anyone is interested in a tto1 let me know
Old 10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
ed,
i dont know if the car will get me up front where you are at.it seems to go around the track ok.but it could be better.i did alot of different things to the car yesterday to see how the car would react.i think that maybe next week im going to try a few other things as well.
i had fun though...i was a little frustrated in the main cause of the steering problem i had.but thx to brad for pointing out the problem.that got token care of....i know i did run a fast lap of 10.9...but that was only because i was driving my but off foloowing alex....lol
It is difficult to run brushed and nimh and keep up with guys running 13.5 and lipo. Now if you had brushless and NIMH you would have a much better chance. If they still run 6 minutes and you run brushed and NIMH you are at a disadvantage.

If you get the car running with lipo and a brushless setup again it will be fast enough to keep up.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Anybody interested in Vintage Trans Am racing?

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/

This could be the new TT01 at our track; Realistic cars that are just a little slower and with several battery/motor options.

Alex has one and JB was running the VTA tires on his touring car (the one with the the pick up truck body) yesterday.

We could relax the rules at first until everyone gets a chance to convert.
this looks like a kool class....whats the cost? I would need to unload something to get one but if the price is right i am interested...

trav or anyone else....anyone plan on running tt-01?? Im not saying that I could beat anyone of the drivers that were racing yesterday but if i did i would kinda feel bad.

anyone have a TC they might be willing to unload for a decent price?? or trade for something i currently have? I would like to get into TC but the funds to get a new one are just not there.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

I do know shawn was selling his xray 007 touring car you could pm him for price it is in good condition.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

I'm not trying to end TT01 as much as open up the class to other motors/batteries and other cars. Besides, TT01s would make great entry level VTA cars.

Travis was able to do 14 second laps with a stock silver can TT01, slicks, and a lipo. I drove it, it was like on rails with crazy amounts of steering.

The VTA class is getting very popular. We should look into it and see who's interested.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i think that the vta class would be kool to race
Old 10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
this looks like a kool class....whats the cost? I would need to unload something to get one but if the price is right i am interested...

trav or anyone else....anyone plan on running tt-01?? Im not saying that I could beat anyone of the drivers that were racing yesterday but if i did i would kinda feel bad.

anyone have a TC they might be willing to unload for a decent price?? or trade for something i currently have? I would like to get into TC but the funds to get a new one are just not there.
brent we will still be running tto1
Old 10-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Morris and gixx gimmie a call 814 381 6734

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.