Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking

Had fun in the RWYB class. Ill be out for 2 weeks and Ill be back for 9/14.

Stober- was a blast watching that 3 wheel action!lol!!!!

Gixxer- I owe you one for the line up [home cooking]!lol Im officially off your biaaaatch list!LMFAO!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i had a blast.... laying on my lid...lol
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What day is racing now there sat. or sunday, tryin to get there soon? Also is that ROAR electric race still scheduled for Sep. 27th?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Brian, Chuck and Doug just couldnt get any help or communication from ROAR so as a result there will not be any ROAR events at the Altoona Raceway. But there are still of outdoor club races left.

This is the schedule as of today from the TRS Website:

Saturday August 30th @ 11:00
Sunday September 7th
Sunday September 14th
Sunday September 21st
Sunday September 28th
Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Brian, Chuck and Doug just couldnt get any help or communication from ROAR so as a result there will not be any ROAR events at the Altoona Raceway. But there are still of outdoor club races left.

Sunday September 7th
Sunday September 14th
Sunday September 21st
Sunday September 28th
ed,
thx for congratulating me on staying with the brand losi...although the xxx4 sucks ass for me..and the xx4 was better...im ready to get another type-r and be in the winners circle with it...this i know is a good losi car...lol and will be competetive car for me to compete with....so on that note im looking forward to the carpet season.......CARPET RACING STILL RULES....
Old 08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Matt, Its just got to be frustrating knowing that you can wheel, but, for whatever reason, the car is holding you back. Theres got to be a set up or tire out there that will get that XXX4 to work before outdoor season ends.

I'm sure you'll be back up front once we go indoors on the carpet.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sunday September 7th
Sunday September 14th
Sunday September 21st
Sunday September 28th
I am not sure if that is true...as I have spoken to Chuck and we agreed to swap the race he was going to have on August 23 and move it to September 27th. I think Chuck felt that I did not do as much promo work for the truck race I was could have and he took it upon himself to cancel the race I had there on August 23rd. When I questions him he explained his point of view and I asked that if he needs to get a hold of me to call me or drop me a line as I can go weeks without logging into a site and miss a PM.

I did swap the race and Pit Stop Hobbies helped me out and their racers are upset with me. So now I am stuck between a rock and hard place.

If Chuck would like to cancel the race on the 27th that is fine but it was not what we agreed upon. I did call Chuck today and left a message. My pc is going dump soon, so I will check this thread tomorrow.

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
ROAR Region 2 Director

Last edited by Kevin Boyle; 08-26-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ROAR Race

To my knowledge there will be a roar race at the Altoona Raceway on 9/27.

The schedule that Ed posted earlier is still accurate.

Last edited by MTRezNIN; 08-27-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Nice Heard in the pits section on the website!

After a third straight Mod 4wd Electric win with his Associated B44, Chuck Meyers said simply to the media,
"Beating Ed Toth Never Gets Old".

Doug Meyers regained form in 1/8 Buggy this week.....after the race he spiked his Mugen to the ground an
exclaimed, "Damn it's sweet to beat Ed Toth"

Brad Blontz was rockin out to Katy Perry's hit single "I kissed a girl".....and everyone took an awkward step back
and pretended not to notice.

Ed Toth took the honors in the "Run What Ya Brung" class, after the race he said "I'm glad Chuck and Doug
weren't in this race"

JD Blair inked a sponsorship with The Race Station and did some extensive testing for both the Jammin' and
Mugen teams. After the race, JD proclaimed himself a fan of the Jammin' buggy. Jammin Team Driver Tom
Stober told JD.... "I'm here to....Pump You Up."

Jim McCully stirred things up in the pits by challenging Jeff Boyles and starting a good ole fashioned AE vs Losi
Flame War! Jeff promptly ordered a couple necessary parts, a .21 hog, Custom Chassis and a Strittmatter
Special Steel Bumper for his Losi AD2 truck. Stay tuned for next weeks MOTORSTORM BATTLE ROYALE!

An evil laugh was heard from the McMullen pit van... Did Michael get an early prototype of the Strittmatter
Bumper?

Travis Chamberlain in his typical high strung, ill-tempered mood was seen berating his pit man, Scotty Weimer,
after his pit stop ran 3.8 seconds instead of the 3.5 seconds that Travis demands. The cursing sounded Italian,
mabye Travis has gone to far with the Ferrari infatuation?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Roar still has a race scheduled for sept 27th, we'll see if they pull it off or not.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default morris - oval rules

Oval rules will follow the BRL series rules. The idea is to follow some set of standards that are at least regionally accepted rather than making up our own rules. The benefit here is to attract other racers outside of the area and following a set of generally accepted standards vs. making up our own gives us a better opportunity to do that.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Matt, Its just got to be frustrating knowing that you can wheel, but, for whatever reason, the car is holding you back. Theres got to be a set up or tire out there that will get that XXX4 to work before outdoor season ends.

I'm sure you'll be back up front once we go indoors on the carpet.
ed,
you are right..and i might have came off the wrong way in that last post...after reading it it would seem that if you didnt know me i woud sound conceided or something...

but you said it better than i did...i know i can wheel ok..but for whatever reason the car is holding me back.

and i dont want it to sound as if i need to win every race...it would be better fir me if i can wheel a race and battle for position till the end...in off-raod with that car im trying to drive my tail off and it dousnt help.

hopefully tc season we will all be ripping it up and have some really tight racing.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

i was even thinking of getting out the gas truck for this weekend..even though im sure i will have mad problems with it..i will bring it to run...lol
Old 08-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default sorry to butt in

Hi guys sorry to butt in. a friend of mine in the altoona area races at the track and he told me to try letting you guys know about some cars i am getting rid of...for a small fee of course...but anyway i am getting out of the hobby completely and getting rid of a revo, t maxx, nitro evader, and a couple various other rolling chassis and tons of parts and tires. revo is all stock was a 2.5 switched to a 3.3... maxx is all aluminum . tranny all steel gears.. i can tell more on the phone and the evader is all stock... i have several motors and all kinds of parts... all together i still have teh receipts i have close to 1500 in the maxx alone i am selling everything for 600 so if anybody is interested or knows anyone that might be i will gladly throw you some cash for getting rid of them...but anyway thanks again guys sorry to intrude...btw email is [email protected] if interested....thanks again
Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Carpet Stuff Coming In

New stock rolling into TRS:

Traxxas Slash - Great deal for someone ho wants to start racing

Protoform R9 - R Touring Car Bodies

Novak 21.5 Motors for BRL Nascar

Brushless Motors & LRP TC Spec Speedos

LRP Pulsar Chargers

SMC BRL Lipo Batteries

Max Amps Lipo Batteries

Looking forward to a good race this Saturday! I should have an entry into the MOTORSTORM class next week!

Thanks for racing guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.