ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MTRezNIN
My bad....

The main Nascar class is going to be 17.5 & Lipo

There will likely be a sport class where the rules will be a little more flexible.

Updating the site now......
http://www.trshobbies.com/TRACK.html

Hope to see you this winter!
Thanks for the info. What Lipo packs will be allowed? 17.5 Lipo is too fast for me. It seems like the big class out our way is going to be 21.5 Lipo with the SMC3200 pack (BRL Rules) which should still be slightly faster than 13.5 4 cell I ran last year. Or are you still considering the voltage regulator?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok guys,

We've got a SATURDAY RACE coming up next week (8/30)

We'll get started early, around 11:00 and should wrap up by 2:00 so you can get to any picnics or parties you need to get to.

Please try and make it out.

Thanks!

Schedule Updated:
http://www.altoonaraceway.com/TRACK.html
Old 08-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by goinbrokeracin
Thanks for the info. What Lipo packs will be allowed? 17.5 Lipo is too fast for me. It seems like the big class out our way is going to be 21.5 Lipo with the SMC3200 pack (BRL Rules) which should still be slightly faster than 13.5 4 cell I ran last year. Or are you still considering the voltage regulator?
Gixxer - Mabye guys should consider the BRL rules. If you want to discuss it with Dan & Gerald and get back to me, I can update the site.

We should try to be as standard as possible and be ready to welcome racers from out of the area. Ultimately though, the rules are up to you guys....let's just make a good decision as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

For winter racing.......

Everything is set with the exception of Nascar. If anyone wants to start ordering gear, please keep The Race Station in mind - we can get just about anything.

Touring Car is looking good with Rubber Tires, 13.5 BL Motors and any 7.4V Lipo Battery.

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default NASCAR RULES

UPDATE ON NASCAR RULES:

After further discussion - NASCAR will be following BRL rules which employ 21.5 brushless motors.

More details to follow.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

UPDATE ON NASCAR RULES:

After further discussion - NASCAR will be following BRL rules which employ 21.5 brushless motors.

More details to follow.
Any questions on rules for BRL please refer to:http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=196335 this should answer any and all questions!

SMC 3200 LiPo packs ONLY!!!

NOVAK 21.5 ONLY

Any Speed control!

The motor and battery rule are a must for pan-car and should provide us with some EVEN close racing, and ease of "classing" for our bigger events!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Gixxer - Mabye guys should consider the BRL rules. If you want to discuss it with Dan & Gerald and get back to me, I can update the site.

We should try to be as standard as possible and be ready to welcome racers from out of the area. Ultimately though, the rules are up to you guys....let's just make a good decision as soon as possible.

Thanks!
I spoke with Dan this afternoon and he and Gerald are supportive of the idea!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Chuck and doug , awsome job all around !! The site is up to date like always and it sounds like this winters racing is going to be big .

What is the feeling on the "off road" class ?? Big jumps little jumps ?? Thinkin about bustin out the T4 and runnin this winter if the class would take off .
Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Any questions on rules for BRL please refer to:http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=196335 this should answer any and all questions!

SMC 3200 LiPo packs ONLY!!!

NOVAK 21.5 ONLY

Any Speed control!

The motor and battery rule are a must for pan-car and should provide us with some EVEN close racing, and ease of "classing" for our bigger events!
Racers - TRS can get all this stuff in as you need it and at great prices for loyal racers. We've already got the new Orion 30C packs and a big MAX AMPS shipment is on the way.

Please let us know what you need, and please encourage others to do so as well. The track is going to need all the help it can get this winter.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

If I'm reading the info right it looks like the NASCAR classes are going to go lipo ?? Or will there still be a place for those with 13.5 and 4 cells ? Let me know so I can plan and buy accordingly. I'de hate to miss out on racing due to lack of rquipment !!!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pipester
Chuck and doug , awsome job all around !! The site is up to date like always and it sounds like this winters racing is going to be big .

What is the feeling on the "off road" class ?? Big jumps little jumps ?? Thinkin about bustin out the T4 and runnin this winter if the class would take off .
The offroad class will have smaller jumps and will start off as a run what ya brung class so any vehicle type can enter.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by T. Taylor
If I'm reading the info right it looks like the NASCAR classes are going to go lipo ?? Or will there still be a place for those with 13.5 and 4 cells ? Let me know so I can plan and buy accordingly. I'de hate to miss out on racing due to lack of rquipment !!!!!!

The main Nascar class will be 21.5 / 3200 SMC Lipo. There may well be an additional sport class with more flexible rules.

Hope to see you soon, Thanks!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Guess I had better get on the buying ball and get ..yet another BL motor and the lipo pack followed by the charger upgrade and or a new charger. My trouble is that the motor and battery combo for 21.5 lipo is not going to make the new sponcor happy.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pipester

I think I will run the B-44 in that class!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am excited to see the rules for the Nascar class. I really think 21.5/Lipo will be the biggest class at most big races this upcoming season. I cannot commit to being there every week this year but I will try to be there as much as possible. I always enjoy racing at TRS. I have said this before but I am not sure there is a nicer group of racers (and track owners) anywhere than that at TRS. I will begin spreading the word out my way on the new rules and schedule. Thanks and see you in the fall.

Toby: My sponsor (Visa/Mastercard) will be happy regardless of what motor and battery combo I buy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.