Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yea , the net is ok for me except this forum is slow !!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pipester
yea , the net is ok for me except this forum is slow !!
fo sure
Old 02-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

fo sure
Old 02-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bob, the track is going to be slightly wider and more circular because the Saturday race is oval only. Which means we dont need to do track changes back to the road course.

Its about 24' wide now and I'm guessing it will be about 30' wide (more or less) for the big race.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

HHHHHMMMMM a bit wider huh ?? Guess that might mean some extra teeth on the gears. How many of you have seen the silliness on your thread over on the HT site ?????
Old 02-07-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

I just read the last 2 pages. Interesting!

First; I want to commend Gixxer on his professionalism! He can really turn it on when he needs to.

Second; I'm sure guys who know what they are doing can extract better performance with the wing, but, you definately don't need it. It's simply not a 'must have' thing just to get around the track.

I'm really hoping for a good turnout. Racing is so much better with multiple mains! With or without the wing.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ed,

Thanks for the info on the track. So the Ice will be that much wider also or just the straightaways? As for the wing thing. I totally agree. I feel that running a wing could potentially make the cars faster but NOT necessary. I think the turnout is going to be good and our group is very much looking forward to coming up there to race. Bob

I also agree Gixxer is doing a good job in promoting the race. Never an easy task.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goinbrokeracin
Ed,

Thanks for the info on the track. So the Ice will be that much wider also or just the straightaways? As for the wing thing. I totally agree. I feel that running a wing could potentially make the cars faster but NOT necessary. I think the turnout is going to be good and our group is very much looking forward to coming up there to race. Bob

I also agree Gixxer is doing a good job in promoting the race. Never an easy task.
The "Ice" is going to be the same width. Just moved out further from the drivers stand. So the straights will be wider but the Ice will remain the same
Old 02-08-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

HHHHMMMM it's 8:50 the weather looks good. The race stuff is packed and I'm ready to go. So it looks like myself and one of the teammates will be heading up with a friend. See everyone about 3:30 or 4 this afternoon.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

well what can i say...tonight was amazing......and mcghee putting down the 8.9...WOW...........that was inpressive no doubt.....as for me i dont think i can get my touring car any more dialed than what it is......i know i said it before but i will say it again....i need brushless.........lol

ed,
youre stuff is super dialed...man you drove like an...bleep tonight....and allhouse was taring it up to.....harding has got way to much horsepower period.........dougs car was flying to.....looks like i am the only one with a slow car out there.....lol......
Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Matt, the Touring Car AMain was definately a wild one. Harding went from second to last and roared through the field back up to finnish first while McGhee went from 1st to 5th and back up to 3rd.

The mistakes (for those of us who made more than a few) were the difference. Its easy to say that your going to be conservative, but when you need to run 9.2s to win, you have to take some chances.

I can't wait to see the video or as in last nights case the 'evidence'!

McGhee probably had the best the car, but, Harding is simply unstoppable. Dan hasnt lost a main for almost 10 weeks now in both Touring Car or NASCAR.

Matt, If you had a brushless motor, I think you could so something about that!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ed237
Matt, the Touring Car AMain was definately a wild one. Harding went from second to last and roared through the field back up to finnish first while McGhee went from 1st to 5th and back up to 3rd.

The mistakes (for those of us who made more than a few) were the difference. Its easy to say that your going to be conservative, but when you need to run 9.2s to win, you have to take some chances.

I can't wait to see the video or as in last nights case the 'evidence'!

McGhee probably had the best the car, but, Harding is simply unstoppable. Dan hasnt lost a main for almost 10 weeks now in both Touring Car or NASCAR.

Matt, If you had a brushless motor, I think you could so something about that!
yea i know there was a bunch os stuff going on no doubt.....it was fun though either way.
as ofr me having a brushless motor that i can do something about that...what do ya meen..?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

All I meant was that your lap times would drop a tenth or two if/when you switched to brushless and you would be able to run up there with Harding.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

giving you guys the first crack at this. I am selling the Jammin' with the motor (os .21), starter box, and everything that goes w/the 8th scale (except the steering servo and reciever). I am not into all the maintance. $450 or i will trade for a T4 or xxxt cr with a brushless setup!

I have pics if anyone wants to see em
Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ed237
All I meant was that your lap times would drop a tenth or two if/when you switched to brushless and you would be able to run up there with Harding.
ed,
i do know what you meen...ijust got a little confused thats all.dont know i think i would be able to run a littl faster anyways...

hopefully e next time i come back i will be brushless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.