Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

One of the oval guys' house burned down last week... The house was a total loss, even the pets didn't survive.

So Bill and Dot are having a benefit race Sat. night with all the entry fees going to the family as well as their portion of the 50/50. They moved the start time up to 4pm on Sat. to accomodate all the extra entries that they're expecting.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lotus1
So,...2 things...What benefit race???dont know of this.Sunday,looking to maybe...I have a 4 cell pack coming in...have to see if it arrives in time.Will keep ya posted.M
If your new 4-cell pack doesn't arrive in time, I've got a couple of extra EP4200 packs that you're more than welcome to use for the day. Both charge up to around 6.4V and have more than enough runtime for the 8 minute heats.
That reminds me, I still have your 49T pinion. Remind me to give it back to you on Sunday.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimNJ
If your new 4-cell pack doesn't arrive in time, I've got a couple of extra EP4200 packs that you're more than welcome to use for the day. Both charge up to around 6.4V and have more than enough runtime for the 8 minute heats.
That reminds me, I still have your 49T pinion. Remind me to give it back to you on Sunday.
Thanks.Should be here..just not too sure about me.Have to ask veeerrryyy nicely if my wife will go pick up Sam while I go racing.I will keep ya posted.M
Old 12-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

so how did 2 day go
Old 12-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
so how did 2 day go
Somewhat better turnout than last Sunday, but still pretty thin. 6 TCs, 1 RC18R(Theo), one 1/12 scale(Me) and 2 Coopers(Bill & Edie). Bill even briefly mentioned cancelling the roadcourse program altogether during the driver's meeting, so we gotta do what we can to spread the word and get people to come out and race on Sundays.

TCs were me, Jeff, Dylan, Jamie, Mike & Aaron. Jamie, Mike, Bill & I designed a real nice, flowing course. Laptimes in TC averaged in the mid 8's to low 9's.

I used the exact same car setup that I'd been using when I ran the 17.5, but I decided to go with 2X Pinks rather than the Lilacs I'd been running, and my car never felt so good. The car was dialed all day and I took TQ, by nearly a full lap, as well as the A-main win.

Mike was on a real good pace in the "B", but halfway through he clipped a dot, slammed the wall and shattered a ballcup. Jamie then took the "B" lead but also eventually broke. Aaron was spotted 3 laps since he was on rubber and had a nice run in the "B".

In the "A", I got a good holeshot and, on the 2nd lap, Dylan and Jeff got together once or twice and I checked out from that point and drove a steady race to bring home the win.

This has been your official Marshall's race report. lol

I'll tell ya Alex, now that I've got this thing figured out, I hope to be able to give you a pretty good run the next time you're there.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys, Bill seems to be serious, lets start trying to get some racers to come up, it would be messed up if we lost racing on sundays. With that said, we had a good day of racing Good lay out, good racing, and good friends what more can i say, Special kudos to Aron (i don't think i'm spelling your name right) for some awsome driving and doing a good job making me work hard chasing him down. See ya all in a few weeks, i got surgery on friday so please keep the racing going so i have a place to race at when i come back.
See Ya Later,
J.C.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

ill b there this sunday but ill b running rubber 2 get ready for the FT race on jan 3rd in MD
Old 12-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

he seems serious?Hmmm.I should be back sunday.Family does come first.We do need more more often tho...Myself included.BUT...It always is a bit lite the weeks before Christmas...But again...we should not let it die.So,who else can we harass????Where is Gunner and Charlie????M
Old 12-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

he seems serious?Hmmm.I should be back sunday.Family does come first.We do need more more often tho...Myself included.BUT...It always is a bit lite the weeks before Christmas...But again...we should not let it die.So,who else can we harass????Where is Gunner and Charlie????M
We're not good enough for them
Old 12-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Yea......we are not worthy....we are not worthy....Yep,too true...Good luck wit da surgery.Hope it goes well.M
Old 12-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Yea......we are not worthy....we are not worthy....Yep,too true...Good luck wit da surgery.Hope it goes well.M
Thanks!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

So,who else can we harass????Where is Gunner and Charlie????M

Lets see,I could not make it because the family dog chewed my tires or had to go to a couple of weddings or went to Honduras for two weekends or I have something else to do!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Unfortunately, I might have to miss my first Sunday at Marshall's since I started coming there. It all depends on when our racenight ends at Dirt Runners. 2 weeks ago, I got home at 1am from our race and came up to Marshall's on 2.5 hours worth of sleep and did not do well at all, not to mention the turnout was so slim. We'll see...
Old 12-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shamu
So,who else can we harass????Where is Gunner and Charlie????M

Lets see,I could not make it because the family dog chewed my tires or had to go to a couple of weddings or went to Honduras for two weekends or I have something else to do!
OMIGOD!!!!! YOU TOO?????Feeling a bit touchy???Just the usual harrassment.Cheeez!M
Old 12-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

OMIGOD!!!!! YOU TOO?????Feeling a bit touchy???Just the usual harrassment.Cheeez!M
Yea Mario,can you believe it Been wanting to race at marshals i'm going stir crazy with no racing since nitro season ending (I need to move to a warmer climate) but just dont have the funds right now with this economy and Christmas coming.I will probably come up on Dec.28th and see if Gunner is available.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.