Search

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tharris1959
It will be nice to get back up there
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU, TOO. WE CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WEATHER TO BREAK SO WE CAN DO SOME MAINTENANCE ON THE TRACK AND GET IT PACKED GOOD AND TIGHT. WE'RE HOPING FOR A DRY SPRING (AS OPPOSED TO LAST YEAR!--WE THOUGHT THE TRACK WOULD BE GOOD FOR BOAT RACES WITH ALL OF THE RAIN WE GOT EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT!! LOL) SO, WE WILL BE IN TOUCH ABOUT THE OPENING DAYS AND HOW THE CONDITIONS ARE ON THE TRACK. WE WILL POST ON THIS FORUM AND YOU CAN ALSO GIVE US A CALL. ROBIN @ G'S
Old 01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Are you guys changing the track layout any. Make it more SCT friendly.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob Moore
Are you guys changing the track layout any. Make it more SCT friendly.
I KNOW G IS PLANNING ON DOING SOME THINGS. WE HAVE TO DO SOME MAINTENCE FIRST. IT DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER WE GET IN THE SPRING. IF IT'S WET LIKE LAST YEAR, IT LIMITS WHAT WE CAN DO. AS THE RACE SEASON GETS CLOSER, WE WILL BE POSTING ON WHAT'S HAPPENING AS FAR AS THE WEATHER AND TRACK GOES. WE ARE ALWAYS IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WORK ON THE TRACK. SO, IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE, WE SURE CAN USE THE HELP AND WE APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO DOES. TAKE CARE.

THANKS

ROBIN

Last edited by RCCARTMAN; 02-04-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default SOME NEW THINGS COMING THIS SPRING

OF COURSE, SPRING WILL EVENTUALLY GET HERE (MAYBE IN JULY AT THIS RATE).

WE ARE DISCUSSING SOME POSSIBLE NEW IDEAS FOR OUR RACERS AT G'S.
SUCH AS:
1.) ANYONE THAT WORKS ON THE TRACK WILL RECEIVE FREE PRACTICE, OR EVEN VOLUNTEER ENOUGH TO GET FREE RACE TIME.

2.) RACE 3 WEEKS IN A ROW, AND GET THE FOLLOWING WEEK---FREE.

3.) INSTEAD OF GIVING PRIZES (WHICH SOME DIDN'T LIKE), WE WILL GIVE OUT GIFT CERTIFICATES TO G'S.

4.) MONTHLY SPECIAL SALES .

5.) SPECIAL FAMILY DISCOUNTS ON RACING AND PRACTICE.

6.) SUMMERTIME PICNICS (SATURDAYS) MOVIES? GAMES? ETC.
SO GET READY FOR SOME MORE FUN AT G'S THIS YEAR !!

ROBIN @ G'S
Old 02-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

those sound like real good ideas.
although i dint make it there last year.i look forward to it this year.
i will be doing the series race this year again and would like to have gs a part of that.i rushed things thru last season and we only got 2 of the 3 races in.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
OF COURSE, SPRING WILL EVENTUALLY GET HERE (MAYBE IN JULY AT THIS RATE).

WE ARE DISCUSSING SOME POSSIBLE NEW IDEAS FOR OUR RACERS AT G'S.
SUCH AS:
1.) ANYONE THAT WORKS ON THE TRACK WILL RECEIVE FREE PRACTICE, OR EVEN VOLUNTEER ENOUGH TO GET FREE RACE TIME.

2.) RACE 3 WEEKS IN A ROW, AND GET THE FOLLOWING WEEK---FREE.

3.) INSTEAD OF GIVING PRIZES (WHICH SOME DIDN'T LIKE), WE WILL GIVE OUT GIFT CERTIFICATES TO G'S.

4.) MONTHLY SPECIAL SALES .

5.) SPECIAL FAMILY DISCOUNTS ON RACING AND PRACTICE.

6.) SUMMERTIME PICNICS (SATURDAYS) MOVIES? GAMES? ETC.
SO GET READY FOR SOME MORE FUN AT G'S THIS YEAR !!

ROBIN @ G'S
I really liked the race last year that had lunch included. It hard to run down the road and get back in time. Willing to pay more race fee for that. When is the frist Big race planned for this year?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tires to use on the track

Ok, so I am look for some info on what type of tires and compound to use for the buggy modified class. Any suggestions?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroxDiver
Ok, so I am look for some info on what type of tires and compound to use for the buggy modified class. Any suggestions?
1/10 electric mod or 1/8 scale?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Beeen
1/10 electric mod or 1/8 scale?
I will be running 1/10th electric mod
Old 02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NitroxDiver
I will be running 1/10th electric mod
Unfortunately, there hasn't been much interest in that class in recent years. Kind of bums me out since I have to let my CR sit prettymuch all season. It'd be great if we could get 3 or 4 people in that class every weekend.

As far as tires, ifmar pins and step pins used to work really well. We never really get a blue groove condition so X-2's or 3's wouldn't hook up well at all. 2-rib fronts have been better than 3-ribs or most anything else. I always went with losi's red or silver compound, front and rear.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Beeen
Unfortunately, there hasn't been much interest in that class in recent years. Kind of bums me out since I have to let my CR sit prettymuch all season. It'd be great if we could get 3 or 4 people in that class every weekend.

As far as tires, ifmar pins and step pins used to work really well. We never really get a blue groove condition so X-2's or 3's wouldn't hook up well at all. 2-rib fronts have been better than 3-ribs or most anything else. I always went with losi's red or silver compound, front and rear.
Thank you for this info, It seems I am in luck my Wholeshot M3's should work. I would like to think that there will be some interest in the 4WD Buggy Mod class. I just got my Factory Team B44 put together and would like to put some track time on it. This is my first 4WD buggy, I have a Losi XXXT and RC10T4 stadium 2WD trucks but those are for backyard bashing. I would hate to think of the $$ I would have to spend to get them up to racing.

I am quite sure that making it up for every weekend is almost impossible, for I am a Divemaster for a local Scuba shop and with helping students, and trips, my weekends get a little busy. However I will be making a few trips up to the track on the weekends I am not diving.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU HERE THIS SPRING. RIGHT NOW, YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE THE TRACK FOR ALL THE SNOW! A SPECIAL THANKS TO BEEEN, FOR ANSWERING SOME QUESTIONS FOR US. UNFORTUNATELY, THE SNOW ON THE ROOF WIPED OUT OUR DISH AND SOME WIRES, SO THE PHONE WASN'T TOO GREAT AND THE COMPUTER WASN'T EITHER!!. BUT......
WE'RE BACK!!

WE HAVE RECEIVED SOME GREAT IDEAS FOR THE RACE SEASON, AND WILL POST THE OUTCOME AS IT GETS CLOSER TO APRIL.

WE WILL BE AT MOTORAMA IN HARRISBURG, PA (UNLESS WE HAVE A MAJOR STORM THAT WEEKEND, TOO.) ON 2/19, 2/20, & 2/21, SO OUR SHOP IN SHIPPENSBURG WILL BE CLOSED ON THOSE DATES. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT MOTORAMA.
THANKS ROBIN @ G'S R/C
Old 02-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nitro if U give a little heads ups on when U plan on going to G's I will try to get me and my son's 2wd buggies race ready. And I mite beable to bring a few friends that day also. See U guys soon. Keep us posted Garland. Oh and let me know when U are gonna do track work. I should beable to lend a hand.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Hope to see you up here this coming season and good luck at Motorama Bob, I'm not going this year.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We r plannin more trips to G's this year. Should be fun. Main thing I need for electric is BL motors and 2 more Lipo's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.