2013 Texas Electric On-road Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Texas Electric On-road Series

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

does their transponder system work with the RC4 transponders?
Old 08-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert
Will be signing up on Friday (payday)

Will be going for the triple crown:
F1, mod sedan and 12th scale.
You finally gonna start running 12th again?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
You finally gonna start running 12th again?
Yeah, I figured why not. 12th scale has been such a well represented class in the eos and I have a new 12th scale so my interest has been rekindled. Got a tamiya rm01 to take to tcs nats. its not the greatest on carpet but is supposed to be good on asphalt with a heavy axle and flexible chassis.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Juan,
Sept 7th-8th at Als in San Antonio
Oct 26-27 at Reflex Racing Carpet track in Houston
What the?!? What happened to the final round being hosted at Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter?? I was actually planning a vacation to visit relatives in that area in late October and was going to bring along my RC gear - was really looking forward to running on what looks like a fantastic facility.

VERY disappointing.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

From what I hear RSD Speedway is also a fantastic facility and best of all, the weather cannot effect if we race or not since its indoor. Houston has a nasty habit of raining during EOS races.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stogie
What the?!? What happened to the final round being hosted at Gulf Coast Raceway in Porter?? I was actually planning a vacation to visit relatives in that area in late October and was going to bring along my RC gear - was really looking forward to running on what looks like a fantastic facility.

VERY disappointing.
Just raced at RSD Raceway and the track was awesome. If I had to choose between the two, I would prefer the new RSD Raceway for 1/10 and 1/12 scale electric racing. I'm coming back down from Dallas for EOS race in October since I enjoyed racing so much.
idbdoug
Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I also was looking forward to running at Porter, having never been there and it appears to be a great site. That said, I support the change because now there are 2 asphalt and 2 carpet rounds. This is a good leveler in the series and pushes racers to adapt, which is pretty cool IMO.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I can see how the Mod guys were looking forward to running at Porter. Those cars can really open up there. Those of us running slower classes (ie. VTA) can check email while we're going down the back straight. LOL. I like Porter, but as Robert stated above having a roof in Houston is always a good thing.

Cristian, quick question. Last year I registered and paid for the Porter event that got rained out. I couldn't make the make-up date, so I have a voucher for the 2013 race. Is this good for RSD or is it only good for racing at Porter?

Right now I'm 75% sure I can make Al's in SA for the EOS in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to running there on the 31st as a pre-EOS shakedown. I'm pretty anxious to go to RSD in October as well!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone that payed for their race at Porter and did not get to race will get to run at RSD without charge, given that it is the same number of classes.

Please take note that our track's spec tires are Sorex 28 on Schumacher wheels with JB inserts. The tires will be available in our pro-shop.

As for those that are disappointed, sorry about the change. However our track is much better suited to hold a race for electric on-road. We have a dedicated pro-shop that sells the go fast goodies that electric racers want, we have a roof that will keep us dry and we are in a far more central location in Houston, just 10 minutes away from the Galleria. For those mod guys that like to go fast, our layout will be set up so that the cars can let it rip.

We also like the fact that it brings balance to the series now where we can have 2 asphalt and 2 carpet races.

We have gotten very good reviews on the grip level of our track too. This past weekend Doug Bryson came down from Dallas and said the grip level was similar to the EOS grip at Mike's, without the traction rolling and the "edginess" This was also with just about 25 entries and racing a day after the offroad track was set up. For the EOS, the track will be set-up on a Friday and will be On-road only for 3 days so we can expect the grip level to be much higher.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Cant wait till the weekend so we can head down to San Antonio for round 3 of the Texas EOS!

Is there a recommended hotel near by? Did a google search and it looks like there is plenty of choices but if one has a deal with the hobby shop providing a racer discount that would be great.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't know if there is but Nick and I are staying at the comfort suites, We'll be about 10 minutes away.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Suspended

John and I are coming down sat morning. We will probably do the comfort suites as well if guys would like to make it the racer hotel.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Suspended

I have officially closed online registration. Its become more of a pain then help. If anyone is worried that there will not be enough people for their class, please do not be. I know of at least 10 drivers coming from Dallas that have not signed up. I think Ricky Bobby said he was going for the trifecta (17.5 sedan, usgt, and vta). Austin drivers also haven't signed up. All classes will make. See you guys Sat morning or Sunday depending on when you arrive.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
I have officially closed online registration. Its become more of a pain then help.
LOL, just to clarify to other entrants, I am NOT running Mod sedan. It was a mis-click on RcCarCal that I could not undo for whatever reason.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will be there for sure, so will Michael. We are both running usgt and Vta. Depending on Saturdays result, I may run 17.5 as well. Will we still get a price break since we can't register online, Chris?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.