Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Texas Racing
Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston) >

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gulf Coast RC Track Racers, Porter Texas (Houston)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I know...

Originally Posted by Parrotman
Howdy,

I do not have the Electronics as yet, Gizmo sent me a link for some reasonably priced LiPOs. I am looking to order a Tekin RX 8 Combo.

Motor and ESC

Tekin RX8/Redline T8 1/8th Scale Buggy Brushless ESC/Motor Combo (2050kV)
[TEKTT2311]

Servo

Hitec HS-7955TG Ultra Torque Titanium Gear Digital Servo
[HRC37955S]

Radio & Receiver

Spektrum DX3R DSM2 3CH Surface High Speed Racing Radio [SPM3100]

Will be ordering Motor and ESC next paycheck.

Parrotman

Houston, TX
And you also got a link for one of the chargers I use... The one that works for my helicopters and the buggy...

Shhhh.... Don't tell anyone I'm Gizmo...
Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Is that you Gizmo?

Originally Posted by rovpilot26

What about Gizmo? He works there too....
Howdy,

Is this the infamous Gizmo?? Hehe, I did not mean to ignore you my friend, it's just you always seem to be there Thank you for the link to the LiPos, I had found that site a few days ago, but wasn't sure if that was the batteries you ordered until you confirmed it for me. The LiPO is on my wish list now. Will order two, and then get another two a bit later. I did get a nice deal on a charger. I will be getting a Jammin' in the near future, the OFNA HoBao Jammin' X2 CRT 1/8 Pro Truggy Kit and the Tekno Electric Conversion Kit for it> Not real sure what 1/10 Scale Buggy kit I'm going to get, but am leaning towards the Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 World Championship Edition Kit [HBS61700] But have to get my Hyper 9e set up first, lol. At any rate, I don't know if you'll be off shore Friday, or at Mike's, I will drop by there with my new Zone Manager Todd and introduce him around, just moved into the area, and he and his son may get into Off Road. I brag on the Track every chance I get. Our Sales Manager collects Die Cast cars, and wants to get into RC as well, he is looking at the Losi 8ight Electric Buggy. He can afford it, lol. Until I see you at the shop be well my friend!

Parrotman

Houston, TX

Proudly owned by a OFNA HoBao Hyper 9e Buggy
Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Apreciate the advertising for the shop and track...

Originally Posted by Parrotman
Howdy,

Is this the infamous Gizmo?? Hehe, I did not mean to ignore you my friend, it's just you always seem to be there Thank you for the link to the LiPos, I had found that site a few days ago, but wasn't sure if that was the batteries you ordered until you confirmed it for me. The LiPO is on my wish list now. Will order two, and then get another two a bit later. I did get a nice deal on a charger. I will be getting a Jammin' in the near future, the OFNA HoBao Jammin' X2 CRT 1/8 Pro Truggy Kit and the Tekno Electric Conversion Kit for it> Not real sure what 1/10 Scale Buggy kit I'm going to get, but am leaning towards the Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 World Championship Edition Kit [HBS61700] But have to get my Hyper 9e set up first, lol. At any rate, I don't know if you'll be off shore Friday, or at Mike's, I will drop by there with my new Zone Manager Todd and introduce him around, just moved into the area, and he and his son may get into Off Road. I brag on the Track every chance I get. Our Sales Manager collects Die Cast cars, and wants to get into RC as well, he is looking at the Losi 8ight Electric Buggy. He can afford it, lol. Until I see you at the shop be well my friend!

Parrotman

Houston, TX

Proudly owned by a OFNA HoBao Hyper 9e Buggy
I'll be there tomorrow. Since the nitro racing will be going on on both tracks this Saturday I will have to wait till Sunday to see if I get to run the buggy again. We installed the new front springs on the car when we got back home this evening.

And of course it's me... How many other guys do ya know who run an electric conversion Jammin at the track...? I dropped a couple of hints...

Phil or I will be happy to help anyone wanting to come to the dark side and go to an E buggy or truggy.

As an aside the Jammin gained a great bit of torque and gets down the track alot easier as well as running much cooler since installing the 2000kV truggy motor in it.

Look forward to seeing ya at the shop...
Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Charger

Originally Posted by rovpilot26
And you also got a link for one of the chargers I use... The one that works for my helicopters and the buggy...

Shhhh.... Don't tell anyone I'm Gizmo...
I ordered a charger shortly after I received my Buggy, I will be needing another charger, but the one I have now is a Dual Power Thunder A6. And Gizmo, I have not raced off road since '89, so you would beat the heck out of me, lol. I am starting over from scratch. It has been a long stretch since my Tamiya Frog in '83 and my trusty Kyosho Ultima 2WD Buggy, and the Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid SP 4WD Buggy. I am itching to get my hands on the controls again, until then I will happily watch you all, and bask in others glory Be well Gizmo, hopefully I will see you on the morrow.

Parrotman

Houston, TX

Proudly owned by a OFNA HoBao Hyper 9e
Old 08-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 'Lectric

Who's gonna be out there this weekend for test and tune. My WGT is good to go, so I'll be there working on my TC. Who else..........
Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
RHH
Tech Apprentice

Default This Sunday

I'll be out Sunday testing the TC. Hope we have a crowd.

Ron
Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RHH
I'll be out Sunday testing the TC. Hope we have a crowd.

Ron
I'm going to try to show up sunday, I have to convert my car back from carpet though. trying a carpet setup there was not ideal for rubber tires and no groove.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:20 PM
RHH
Tech Apprentice

Default 70 MPH 1/18th

My son is bringing out his aircraft motored , 11 volt, 1/18th onroad mini. damn thing does 65 to 70 mph when it doesn't take off. Casey is a pretty good driver as well.

Ron
Old 09-03-2009, 08:57 AM
RHH
Tech Apprentice

Default Lectric Wednesday

John, Phil and I practiced yesterday with the mod Tcs. Weather was beautiful and the track had medium traction.

Hope to see everyone for the race on the 20th.

Call Jeff at the track and tell him once a month is not enough ! He is on vacation this week.

Ron
Old 09-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Both tracks are open today and there is no fee.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RHH
John, Phil and I practiced yesterday with the mod Tcs. Weather was beautiful and the track had medium traction.

Hope to see everyone for the race on the 20th.

Call Jeff at the track and tell him once a month is not enough ! He is on vacation this week.

Ron
There are split decisions on if racing once a month is enough, Jeff believed yes when I asked him in Toledo. The two of us obviously believe no. We could have an unofficial vote here, I believe they would listen. It would come down to how much effort it was to run a day VS the number of entries per race which is why we end up with so many practice days.

If you look at it from an economic point of view as some are now, once a month does attract more racers because they have to get ready for only one race and can spend more time and money for that race. A great example is when I raced in Norcal, it was once a month each for gas and electric and they had 120+ turnouts almost every race because everyone had a month to look forward to it.

If you look at it from a racers point of view, I would rather race 2-3 times a week which is part of the reason I was so big on splitting offroad to saturdays and onroad to sundays so I could have the chance to run both for more wheel time. This can be expensive at $20/race + parts/tires but it is the only way to get better except we need more than 1-3 die hards that can race on pace weekly and we need to pick a class to run or else we will not be doing ourselves any good.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I vote for twice a month.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

twice a month for me too.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any Nitro 1/8 GT racing at this track?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
There are split decisions on if racing once a month is enough, Jeff believed yes when I asked him in Toledo. The two of us obviously believe no. We could have an unofficial vote here, I believe they would listen. It would come down to how much effort it was to run a day VS the number of entries per race which is why we end up with so many practice days.

If you look at it from an economic point of view as some are now, once a month does attract more racers because they have to get ready for only one race and can spend more time and money for that race. A great example is when I raced in Norcal, it was once a month each for gas and electric and they had 120+ turnouts almost every race because everyone had a month to look forward to it.

If you look at it from a racers point of view, I would rather race 2-3 times a week which is part of the reason I was so big on splitting offroad to saturdays and onroad to sundays so I could have the chance to run both for more wheel time. This can be expensive at $20/race + parts/tires but it is the only way to get better except we need more than 1-3 die hards that can race on pace weekly and we need to pick a class to run or else we will not be doing ourselves any good.

My vote is: Once a month during the Southwest Championship Series and twice per month during non-SWCS months.

Roger, When are you going to start organizing club races again. We miss your leadership man!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.