Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn. >

Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

+1 still one of the most capable club racing platforms you can get. parts are plentiful, and in the hands of a racer could do quite well.

Thanks Darkside. Hope to see you soon- Wil has been our lone travel ambassador as of late, but from the sounds of it he has been doing pretty darn good over in your neck of the woods working out his skills to make it into the A-main at the Southern VTA nationals.

I still feel him breathing over my shoulder from our last VTA race her in Knoxville. I feel a big target on my chest, as he puts his sights on me for some unfinished business.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

When is the next time you plan on running ?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats great news... I am in for some onroad action as much as my workschedule will allow it.

vta-tc4, endless owerpowered out of control traxxas 4tec, and maybe when we have room and some cones left drift tc-3....
Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jay13111
When is the next time you plan on running ?
weather permitting we can get together this weekend for some casual parking lot racing (no transponders).

Christian and I ripped it up yesterday for a solid hour and an a half. I think he got his car up to 320 degrees! Yikes. Mine flames out at 290- lol.

For the record, those were to RTRs we picked up cheap, and I was running rubber tires to make it more challenging.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luvtorun
weather permitting we can get together this weekend for some casual parking lot racing (no transponders).

Christian and I ripped it up yesterday for a solid hour and an a half. I think he got his car up to 320 degrees! Yikes. Mine flames out at 290- lol.

For the record, those were to RTRs we picked up cheap, and I was running rubber tires to make it more challenging.
Sunday 3?works for me this weekend
Old 10-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I will try to make this also, but no guarantess with 16 hours of racing on saturday but i thnk the Nitro TC3 needs to stretch its legs a little!!!!!

Lets see how hot I can get mine. I usually run all my engines 280+ so lets try this one and see what she has got!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default 2012 IFMAR 200mm IC World C'ships

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ld-cships.html

That's what I'm talking about!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We are planning on running at Goonies this Saturday. The points series is over, but we are going to race until at least the end of the month. Feel free to come race with us.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by coors40light
We are planning on running at Goonies this Saturday. The points series is over, but we are going to race until at least the end of the month. Feel free to come race with us.
Thanks Lee. Sorry for thinking you guys were done, and heading indoors to Harriman for carpet oval.

Definitely want to include the Goonies gang as we plan on running through the Winter and Spring at a place that accommodate nitro tc and 1:8 scale.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Try to talk Johnnie into lettin yall use the main go cart track. It would be the perfect place to run nitro and 1/8th scale!!!! I can almost bet he would make more money off entry fees from racing than he would off go cart rides. Just a thought.....
Old 10-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've got my little legends that hasn't seen any action.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JKyte5
Try to talk Johnnie into lettin yall use the main go cart track. It would be the perfect place to run nitro and 1/8th scale!!!! I can almost bet he would make more money off entry fees from racing than he would off go cart rides. Just a thought.....
He let me run my on-road 1:8 GT on it once and I almost crapped my pants.

It was so sweet, but at the same time scary as hell. One slip could cost you hundreds of dollars if not a total loss all together. with no driver stand - its really tough.

I like the idea though. Gonna definitely try to make Goonies this weekend for VTA.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

I'm up for VTA, 17.5 electric. I prefer electric but have never tried nitro on-road. If enough people get into it, I might get a cheapy. Let me know if any help is needed in getting a track together whether it be logistics or manual labor.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He let me run my on-road 1:8 GT on it once and I almost crapped my pants.

It was so sweet, but at the same time scary as hell. One slip could cost you hundreds of dollars if not a total loss all together. with no driver stand - its really tough.

I like the idea though. Gonna definitely try to make Goonies this weekend for VTA.
I ran a couple laps over there also. Crazy fun! The back section is scary mainly because my depth perception is so bad from such a low angle.

We could stand on the canopy, man that would be fun.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

[/QUOTE]
Thanks Darkside. Hope to see you soon- Wil has been our lone travel ambassador as of late, but from the sounds of it he has been doing pretty darn good over in your neck of the woods working out his skills to make it into the A-main at the Southern VTA nationals. [/QUOTE]

My favorite surface has always been carpet....but have loved to bump paint at Goonies. I appreciate the comments.

[/QUOTE]
I still feel him breathing over my shoulder from our last VTA race her in Knoxville. I feel a big target on my chest, as he puts his sights on me for some unfinished business. [/QUOTE]

You better believe it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.