Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn. >

Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.

Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.

Hi All,

As many of you have already heard. On-road racing has officially ended for the season at Sir Goonies.

The Next stop for those boys will be the fall and winter racing at Terry's in Harriman (Gadget Hobbies). I'll leave the Goonies updates to Lee Mathis, but I'm ready for some on-road Nitro- so here goes.

About 5 of us Rocck Regulars, have a plan to get some on-road racing going. Thus far, we've just gotten together and ripped up some asphault, but we are ready for the next level.

We plan on getting together over the next month to decide where an how often to run.

Please note that most of us in the on-road project are racing Chilhowie, so ideally we would want to do something on off-weekends from that.

Many of the guys who are hearing about this, had requested that I start a thread on a project that I will personally be working on.

Well here it is: On-Road Racing (especially Nitro!!!) but all on-road is welcome.

Currently there are 10 Nitro TCs in the area, with no real open track worthy sights in place to accommodate that class.

I will begin posting On-Road info on this thread, but please PM if you are interested in getting added to my on-road distro list.

Please comment any interest you may have on this thread to keep it bumped, and please check back here for updates.

Oh, almost forgot, if anyone is looking to buy an on-road car- please ON ir call me first- don't worry I don't sell RC stuff generally, so there is no sales incentive...

I just want to make sure if you are thinking of investing $$, i want to make sure you get what you want. There is a big difference between a $450 RTR brick with wheels that can go 70+mph in a straight line, and a $120 race ready work of art that will hang with any race car on an on-road track. Just saying- both are great, but one has multiple applications and will save you tons of $$, and give you a bunch more return that drag racing alone.

Ok, I'm tired now.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Forgot to have you guys check-in if you own an on-road car and would like to race it.

Also, let me know if it's Nitro or Electric.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guess I sold my VTA one day too early........
Old 10-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luvtorun
Forgot to have you guys check-in if you own an on-road car and would like to race it.

Also, let me know if it's Nitro or Electric.
This is a great opportunity for a resurgence of the VTA and USGT classes!

I'm in for nitro and electric
Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Check
Mtx3 prospec
Old 10-01-2012, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've got Nitro touring,1/12th scale and a World GT car.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I got the vta but would love to try nitro if anyone has a spare car I can drive... No need to feel pressured Juilio
Old 10-01-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would be down for some 1/10 nitro action! I have a tc3 that I want to play with!!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Call me intrigued.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

We can still make little 4 inch carpet jumps right?

Do it Dukes of Hazard style?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BMenard17
I got the vta but would love to try nitro if anyone has a spare car I can drive... No need to feel pressured Juilio
I am sure a loner can be arranged, but you won't be allowed to particpate any dash for cash events!

Go ahead and start looking for your next NTC3. They are cheap to get into, and the last one you had made you some quick $$.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by luvtorun
I am sure a loner can be arranged, but you won't be allowed to particpate any dash for cash events!

Go ahead and start looking for your next NTC3. They are cheap to get into, and the last one you had made you some quick $$.
O yea if there's cash at the finish line you better be ready to pay up when brain Bernard is racing... I don't care if there's a 1/8th fire breathing buggy chasing me!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BMenard17
O yea if there's cash at the finish line you better be ready to pay up when brain Bernard is racing... I don't care if there's a 1/8th fire breathing buggy chasing me!!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...pe-r-ntc3.html

This seems like a smok'n hot deal for a NTC3 with tons of parts.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/NTC3/RTR/
Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hey All, keep the PM's coming. Getting some great questions. I am answering them as I can get to them. I will be posting some of them on here so others can see what's being discussed. Of course, I am removing the usernames so I don't break the spirit and intent of a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXXXX
Hi,
What size or type of track ,Do you use for On-road asphalt ' Do you use oval tracks?

Sorry for the Questions.

XXXXX

XXXXX,

We currently run on smooth high bite asphalt. In fact, yesterday I was actually running D-compound rubber x-patterns on my heavy Nitro TC and they were hooking great with the standard mugen set up.

As we get more serious about it, the plan will be to run on a similar surface with a 100' straight away and 10' lanes. That should be able to accommodate just about any class of on-road. Some of our racers have asked about 1/8 nitro. If that's the case, we can always take the width out to 12' lanes. No issues at all on both locations we've been looking at.

There is currently no discussions about on-road oval. It is possible to accommodate racers wanting that, but first I need to get the road course location situated.

FYI....One of the locations we are going to be looking at is already laid out, just needs to be brought up to racing standards. I hope to talk to that business owner this week and work something out. If not, we are going to move forward with a build using the Chilhowie site. Once we have a location picked, I will definitely do my best to accommodate my oval brothers, so long as you all understand it more than likely won't be a banked surface.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.