Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn. >

Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calling all On-Road Racers in East Tenn.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just curious....is there not enough onroad support in east Tennessee to make it worth Greenville Speedways while to add some right turns a couple times a month?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

On-Road gathering Saturday at 1pm.

Need help to set-up and surface prep to have some on-road practice on Saturday.

Timothy Baptist Church (next to Chillhowee off-road track).

No lap counter tomorrow, but there is power. Will make a check in post on another thread to get a head count.

PM or text me if you have questions.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Just curious....is there not enough onroad support in east Tennessee to make it worth Greenville Speedways while to add some right turns a couple times a month?
The main reason we are pursuing this new venue is to feed the need for the nitro guys. 160' straightaway allows the 2 speed to kick in. We are trying to build the program to accommodate a regional event... someday. Only 2 tracks east of the Mississippi, both 450 miles away!

Hope to call on Allan someday for assistance in moderating a regional on road event in Knoxville. He definitely knows how to attract people from all over the world to his events!

JS
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JS-toe
The main reason we are pursuing this new venue is to feed the need for the nitro guys. 160' straightaway allows the 2 speed to kick in. We are trying to build the program to accommodate a regional event... someday. Only 2 tracks east of the Mississippi, both 450 miles away!

Hope to call on Allan someday for assistance in moderating a regional on road event in Knoxville. He definitely knows how to attract people from all over the world to his events!

JS
A permanent track with a green painted in field and candy stripe corners I can guarantee would attract a big crowd sooner rather than later. I dream big
Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

its a great deal. ill buy it if you don't.
I bought it.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WD40
A permanent track with a green painted in field and candy stripe corners I can guarantee would attract a big crowd sooner rather than later. I dream big
Have you seen this?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Have you seen this?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Oh how awesome that would be! Even a track half that size but with a similar upkeep would be amazing!!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Check out this track. I love the downhill "S" curve.
+ YouTube Video
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Whoa, those cars and drivers are unreal. Never seen an RC race with cars going that fast. Unbelievable, mere mortal drivers like myself would be down two laps before completing lap one!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
Whoa, those cars and drivers are unreal. Never seen an RC race with cars going that fast. Unbelievable, mere mortal drivers like myself would be down two laps before completing lap one!
Those things must be cherry red hot. I don't think I saw any smoke at all coming out of those things.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

When do we plan to get together next?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jayare
When do we plan to get together next?
+1
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Weather permitting. We would like to resume our every other week racing schedule.

There is a series race this weekend at Chillhowee, so the plan would be for the 12th.

We will use the exact same layout as last time. We hope to have Jeff's driverstand to use this time, and we are hoping to raplace boards with more fiber glass burms (to help save cars).

Spoke to John about that this week, we need decent weather to build the burms outside because the fumes from the resin is pretty bad.

Will keep you all posted.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys Hope everyone is off to a great New Year.

I won't be able to join the on-road crew on the 12th as I will be taking a trip down to support our friends at Dalton RC.

However, anyone interested in setting up an on-road event for either Sat or Sun can get a hold of me ASAP and we'll get it going. I will help in anyway that I can, track layout, location coordination, notifications etc.

As discussed previously, John has the lead on building burms so we can start replacing boards. Looks like we may have some decent weather coming up, so if you are down for helping build fiberglass burms get a hold of John directly.

Lastly, we will be drawing up a spring on-road race schedule, determining our classes, and setting up forecasted racing events at the next club meeting- so please start thinking about what you guys have coming up so we can accommodate accordingly.

Cheers,

luv
Old 01-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Get some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.