Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing
Race Chilhowee Knoxville!!! ROCCK Racing Club Owned & Operated Off-Road Track >

Race Chilhowee Knoxville!!! ROCCK Racing Club Owned & Operated Off-Road Track

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Chilhowee Knoxville!!! ROCCK Racing Club Owned & Operated Off-Road Track

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys, we have made a schedule change to the series. After looking at other series and their success, I feel it is best to reduce the number of points series races down to 5! This will allow some of the GA and other travelers to be able to attend all our races once a month and should help our attendance and competition at our events. Here are the new dates of the series:

10/27/2012
11/10/2012
12/08/2012
01/05/2013
02/02/2013
03/02/2013

*03/02/2013 will be our make-up date if one of the 5 series races is called due to weather.

Same principal applies. If you attend all 5 of the races you will get 25 bonus points. We will throw out 1 race so we will count your top 4 finishes!!!!!

I think this will work better for everyone with the holidays, and many of us wanting to go to Dalton on 11/24/2012 for Ed's Turkey Blast race!!!!!
Great Move Mike! Very intelligent and way to work with other tracks.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Afun
Great Move Mike! Very intelligent and way to work with other tracks.
Sooooo.......is it just the points races that are gonna be once a month and are we still gonna race every other weekend just no points for the excluded dates?????
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JKyte5
Sooooo.......is it just the points races that are gonna be once a month and are we still gonna race every other weekend just no points for the excluded dates?????
Good Question.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

That is correct, racing will still be every other weekend.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh yeah we will be racing every other week but just normal club racing. It is all the same but just not counting points!!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Errrrrrrr.......Hobbytown!!!! You mean to tell me yall dont have a single frickin servo horn for two different major brands of servos you carry?!?!?!?!?........unreal. Done!!!!
Hello,

I'm sorry we didn't have the servo horn that you were looking for. I know we usually have dynamite rc servo horns for Futaba, Savox, and Hitec servos so it is possible we ran out. If it was for a JR/Spektrum servo we have not done well carrying them. Either way servo horns for any brand servo are items that we should have in stock at all times so I apologize that we did not have them when you needed them. As the manager of the RC department I ask that you please message me with all the details of your visit (day, time, who helped you, etc.) so that I can take your feedback and improve our performance so no customer will have the same experience you had.

Thank you!

Kris W.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry bout that Jon, I just had to vent a little. Problem solved when I went to see Rick at Performance Hobbys.........Hobbytown is what they are, but its just a crap shoot sometimes weather you get a "helpful/knowledgeable employee" or someone from the other side of the spectrum. Where as Rick is as VERY helpful. My lips are sealed from now on......sorry bout that.
You can always vent about your experiences at HobbyTown on here, to me, or anywhere. Feedback from people like yourself is the one of the few ways we can see our weaknesses and try to improve on them. I just ask that people give us constructive criticism and suggestions. I've made request lists for the racers to try and carry items the racers want. Not everything gets ordered off that list but over 90% of the suggestions on here have been ordered for the store.

I also want to stress that not all of the employees in the RC department specialize in RC cars so while someone may not know a lot about cars they might be extremely knowledgeable about airplanes or helicopters. So, if you need an experienced car guy, it's perfectly fine to ask if the employee on the phone is knowledgable in that area.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Good Response Kris.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

i got the last one down there,last friday
Old 10-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bean
i got the last one down there,last friday
Yeah I just looked and all of the dynamite rc servo horns are gone. Sorry about that fellas.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HTKris
You can always vent about your experiences at HobbyTown on here, to me, or anywhere. Feedback from people like yourself is the one of the few ways we can see our weaknesses and try to improve on them. I just ask that people give us constructive criticism and suggestions. I've made request lists for the racers to try and carry items the racers want. Not everything gets ordered off that list but over 90% of the suggestions on here have been ordered for the store.

I also want to stress that not all of the employees in the RC department specialize in RC cars so while someone may not know a lot about cars they might be extremely knowledgeable about airplanes or helicopters. So, if you need an experienced car guy, it's perfectly fine to ask if the employee on the phone is knowledgable in that area.
Kris,
I have always respected you and enjoyed talking to you when I was in HobbyTown USA but brother, you have moved up to a whole new level of respect in my eyes. HobbyTown is very lucky to have you as one of there Managers.

Heywood Barton
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I just looked and all of the dynamite rc servo horns are gone. Sorry about that fellas.
Its all good man, hopefully what I said did or does not come across in a negative or mean way. Although my choice of words may not have been the best, I was just tryin to figure out how a huge National Hobby chain didnt have a single servo horn for a Hitec and a Traxxas servo, especially since yall(and im just guessing by browsing around) have Traxxas vehicles and traxxas parts/accesories more than anything else as far as land vehicles go. I truly apologize for any ruffled feathers with Hobbytown or higher authorities of ROCCK........
Old 10-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Its all good man, hopefully what I said did or does not come across in a negative or mean way. Although my choice of words may not have been the best, I was just tryin to figure out how a huge National Hobby chain didnt have a single servo horn for a Hitec and a Traxxas servo, especially since yall(and im just guessing by browsing around) have Traxxas vehicles and traxxas parts/accesories more than anything else as far as land vehicles go. I truly apologize for any ruffled feathers with Hobbytown or higher authorities of ROCCK........
No ruffled feathers on my end at all. I understand why you are frustrated and I will be doing what I can to make sure we don't run out of these again, especially now that racing has started back up. I look for any kind of feedback, positive and negative, to gauge how well of a job we are doing so anyone can voice their opinion on here or anywhere, just remember I'm on your side and support what you guys do so try not to be too brutal on me lol. Thanks again!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Out of stock is a Terriable thing to have... It's caused by menardians sneaking into the store and buying all the stock while Htkris is on break... Sorry
Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

No ruffled feathers on my end at all. I understand why you are frustrated and I will be doing what I can to make sure we don't run out of these again, especially now that racing has started back up. I look for any kind of feedback, positive and negative, to gauge how well of a job we are doing so anyone can voice their opinion on here or anywhere, just remember I'm on your side and support what you guys do so try not to be too brutal on me lol. Thanks again!
Thanks for the understanding response as well Kris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.