Search

1/8 scale chat

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limywidget
"Gouge Motto"
hahaha, love it! that made me laugh! I think I've finally found my tagline for the forum.

Selling stuff is in my blood! ummm, seems like buying stuff is too. But I don't think I've bought any vehicles in about 3 weeks now...since I picked up a Kyosho SC-R 2wd truck to run this year. I will most likely end up with a Durango 4wd sct soon and run that class instead of 1/8ebuggy this year. Agama 1/8 buggy is probably how I'm gonna roll w/ nitro buggy. Had to throw that in since I'm in the 1/8 chat thread...

Last edited by gouge; 05-03-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helmsey
now that I think about it I have a E converted D8t at the house that is not doing anything. I could get the parts required to run it nitro and run it that way. Hmmm, the wheels are turning now
What motor would a guy look for to run a 1/8 truggy?
I would probably just run a high end .21 even though you are allowed a .28 in Truggy. Novarossi 21-4, Werks B-5, OS v-spec would make my short list. Some guys have had good luck from the Chinese stuff too. Getting enough power is usually not a problem. I have had better luck with the consistency of tune of the Novarossi, and OS stuff, but there are alot of good choices.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gouge
hahaha, love it! that made me laugh! I think I've finally found my tagline for the forum.

Selling stuff is in my blood! ummm, seems like buying stuff is too. But I don't think I've bought any vehicles in about 3 weeks now...since I picked up a Kyosho SC-R 2wd truck to run this year. I will most likely end up with a Durango 4wd sct soon and run that class instead of 1/8ebuggy this year. Agama 1/8 buggy is probably how I'm gonna roll w/ nitro buggy. Had to throw that in since I'm in the 1/8 chat thread...
Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah, you def should be the ROCCK Club purveyor of all things RC. You know...they have those guys in prison that can get you an electric lawnmower in the inside if you have enough cigarettes.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default Ok, laugh if you must....

As I was cleaning the plastic from my plastic last nite on my newest addition, a substance crept out of the pipe. My question is as follows, Would it ever be necessary to clean out the pipe on any nitro vehicle? If so, how?

I know its just oil and combustion leftovers, but just asking. Do pipes go bad?

It is the only thing that I haven't cleaned....(<~~~As I sit twitching and straightening my shoe laces...)
Old 05-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Some guys "cook" their pipes in a crock pot with anti-freeze. This is supposed to clean the inside and outside to make it like a new pipe. Personally have not tried it , yet.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

I can hear the wife now....."You are gonna do WHAT with MY Crockpot?"

Hehehe. Sounds interesting.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcscotty
Whoa, is that the rc8 rs?

There are some mods you can do to make it a bit better, if your into doing mods. The easiest is to move the battery to the front, it really helps with steering. I have a set of the FT threaded shocks (small bore) that I could hook up up with for cheap and another one of those rtr .28 motors as well. If you are interested.
I think I have that tray. Is it the same one that comes with the electric conversion? I found a box that has the steering servo mounts behind it. I might run it like it is and change it if I can tell it would improve it.

Hit me with some prices on those FT shocks and that engine when you get a chance Scotty. I have upgraded braces, carbon fiber shock towers, carbon fiber steering rack, carbon fiber center diff plate, carbon fiber servo tray. Its looking pretty sweet, even if I say so myself. I also changed the orange fuel line out for some blue and added an inline fuel filter. I am waiting on my piston and sleeve to come back from a St. Paddy's day pinch and I should be able to hit the ground with some racket.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Last edited by Limywidget; 05-10-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking good dude, sorry I haven't got those prices to you. I've been swamped at work and have been working 12-14 hour days. I want to make sure I get everything gathered up, rebuild kits and extra caps, I may have the extra springs for them as well.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Got my piston and sleeve back today. Half-way through re-break-in. Mmmmmm.......nitro. I do believe this is going to be a better experience than the Revo 3.3. I am sure it is a combination of better motor and more knowledge than I had the first time.

This thing feels strong. I cannot wait to get it dirty.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

There was a wicked gash in the piston that the PnS guy fixed(www.rayaracing.com). How does something like that happen? I can't imagine a chunk of debris getting in and doing it, but it doesn't seem like anything else could do it.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limywidget
There was a wicked gash in the piston that the PnS guy fixed(www.rayaracing.com). How does something like that happen? I can't imagine a chunk of debris getting in and doing it, but it doesn't seem like anything else could do it.
DIRT! Any time you run your engine w/o an air filter, it sucks dirt/dust into the crankcase. They way the engines are designed, that stuff passes through the bearings ok, but what doesn't exit the exhaust port will hang out under that taper of the piston. At 20k rpm it doesn't take long to make a groove.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, got another question.

Is there a way to "tell" if a motor is finished with break-in?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

I also learned that you can't spray paint a stinger. Well...you can but, it doesn't work out so well. Hehehe, you all knew that I would...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.