Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Br00d Racing Motors

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RobertV
Wow - that was some deep wisdom there dude.

Wrong... a handwound arm is VERY EASY to tech.

This explains your ignorance but doesn't excuse it.

So by your own example, if br00d was winding arms and being "shady" then why would they openly advertise the motors on their website?

Finally some common sense. You should have kept this private from the beginning and it would have saved you the humiliation.
Although this is rather comical, it does not represent the opinion of Team Br00d, their employees, or drivers.

It does bring up a good point, however, about possibly using a bit of discretion in finding out some more facts before trying to defame a company.

Simply put, if you have questions or concerns about racing products and how they may be used or affect your local racing program, I would suggest first talking to your race directors about their rules and teching procedures. Then I would discuss the ability or inability (as you think there is) to identifying certain types of equipment that are prohibited by the rules you race under.

Case in point: The Epic Binary 2 stock motor. Quad mags, epoxy balance. Illegal in many ways under Roar rules. However, many of these are sold nationwide, and many programs allow their use. So, is it a cheater motor? Well, it depends on where its used and the rules under which it is used.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, exciting weekend....

Anyways....to be clear on some stuff....

Our 18.5 AWG arms are CLEARLY marked 18.5 19x1....and NONE of them come tagged.....we won't tag anything, so don't bother asking. You will never find an armature tagged by br00d.....they don't exsist. We get asked it all the time, but we won't do it.

All the 18.5 stuff is wound on modified armature blanks.....we do not unwind 19t arms to rewind them.....pretty obivious when there is no comm lock.

The reason we offer 18.5 awg arms is because many many people asked for them.....they became so popular, I just added them to the catalog.....we sell a lot of them, most of which go out in Adjustable Timing cans.....most of them ship overseas, as the 19t classes there have different rules. We sell very little stuff for oval.

18.5 is easy to tech, just use a pair of calipers....its noticeably larger with the calipers....to the naked eye, its a little tougher spot.....but that why we clearly ENGRAVE every armature with 18.5 (a few did slip out unintentionally without the 18.5, as we had a new employee, problem was corrected)....the engraving is hard to get rid of, as it will throw the armature out of balanced if you try to get rid of it, and the armature will be slower than a stock motor.....

I do find it funny that other companies can sell armatures that are handwound, tagged, with a CUT down the center (which is ILLEGAL) by ROAR rules.....and nobody cares.

I will have the webmaster go on the site and clearly put OUTLAW on the 18.5 stuff, and put a clear explanation they come untagged and are not ROAR legal....

We get weird requests all the time.....we will build lots of it, but I won't let something be built that is trying cheat the rules......just a lot of track have different rules, so we build things for people to use at their home track....

I will be on the morning to answer the rest of the questions people asked over the last couple days......sorry, we were racing all weekend....

Later EddieO
Old 12-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

is it wrong to buy a PRO monster arm for a normal trinity rev. of monster?

(my arm died on me, a chunk off comm came off)
Old 12-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How dare you race when there is internet drama going on! Curse you! By the way please respond to my PM when you get the chance
Old 12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
is it wrong to buy a PRO monster arm for a normal trinity rev. of monster?

(my arm died on me, a chunk off comm came off)
That is perfectly fine.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Sushi Man....our PRO monster armature is 100% compatible and legal for use in ANY monster based motor. Our PRO versions come with the comm cut, armature checked for straigtness, comm timing check, resistance check, winding check, and balance check.....we sell a non-pro version which will just be a armature directly from japan untouched.

DaRollaRacer, email me direct at [email protected] and I will help you out on the dyno graphs....

Superfly1967....our stock motors are based off the EPIC/Trinity teardowns.....we take a lot effort to put out the most competive stock motors in the world....and we have the results on the track to back it up. A lot of extra work is put into our stockers.....work that larger companies like trinity simply don't do. Our stuff is race ready out of the package.....

I will be answering all emails and PM soon.....just trying to catch up....

Later EddieO
Old 12-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamescam
How dare you race when there is internet drama going on! Curse you! By the way please respond to my PM when you get the chance

first thing when we got back.....on the tech, seems like we all use 2dayers to get a vacation

EddieO is a slave driver just kiddin

also all Handwound 19 turns get the 19X1 right on the bottom of the can

-garrett
Old 12-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ucheatulose- if you are the head of an organization trying to prevent people from running 18.5 awg handwound 19t arms, i will gladly wind and send you examples if it makes you feel better.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

peter that is not needed but thank you for your offer.

eddie thanks for the adult reply..it helps clear up alot.

eric i guess i will need to buy you a beer or two at the birds.

i also run tech at my races so yes i am always on the look out for grey area items. thanks bill
Old 12-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default getting into modified TC

Eddie, Peter, or anyone who can help...

I've run nothing but stock for years but am looking at getting into modified TC. The track I'll be racing on will have an approx. 100' smooth asphalt straight. What turn and wind arm would you recommend for a KR can? It's a club level competition.

Thanks a lot,
Brian
Old 12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i would recomend a TI or Shock 7x1.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Hey hit a homie up!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Br00d will be carrying the IB4200......we will be one of the first with the new cell.....they will be matched by SMC for us....

Later EddieO
Old 12-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Will you guys still have the 3800"s?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, we will still be getting regular shipments of IB3800 packs.....a new shipment just came in yesterday.....

Later EddieO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.