Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree363Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
For anyone going to the Reedy Race of Champions the end of the month I will be going out as well and will be bringing a few things with me. If you know of something you want please email me and I will see what I can work out for you.

Thanks
EA
Hey EA,

Hows the testing been going with the Revtech motors and how are they comparing to the D3's.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default revtech lipo

just wondering what is the continous discharge and burst discharge of the new revtech 6000 60C 2S cells...thnx in advance
Old 05-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF4evr
just wondering what is the continous discharge and burst discharge of the new revtech 6000 60C 2S cells...thnx in advance
They are rated at a 60C continuous discharge rate. I am not sure about the burst discharge rate but thats usually just an advertising thing as we never reach those discharge rates.

Thanks
EA
Old 05-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

For anyone interested,RevTech 60C battery review.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice little vid there mate. Mine should be here any day - went for the bullet connectors - looking forward to seeing if they perform as well as I expect them to!

Paul
Old 05-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Was able to get to the track today to practice some 17.5 tc open using the revtech battery. I have to say i am impressed. This pack had better punch than my TP packs but about mid way thru the run they would be equal on output. I cant wait to get back to the track and do some more testing and setup using these packs.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Love the RevTech Lipos...

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Was able to get to the track today to practice some 17.5 tc open using the revtech battery. I have to say i am impressed. This pack had better punch than my TP packs but about mid way thru the run they would be equal on output. I cant wait to get back to the track and do some more testing and setup using these packs.
I am very happy with the ReVtech packs. They hold crazy high voltage under load. But I have found that they can deliver so much more power to the motor that you may have to take a bit of timing or gear out to adjust for the extra power. This will keep the heat down on the motor.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I am very happy with the ReVtech packs. They hold crazy high voltage under load. But I have found that they can deliver so much more power to the motor that you may have to take a bit of timing or gear out to adjust for the extra power. This will keep the heat down on the motor.
Me too - found exactly the same thing. Loads of punch and no drop off over the run. Congratulations revtech - excellent product!

Oh and the interest gained from having bright orange packs was incredible!

Paul
Old 05-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I remember long time ago Trinity had motor/comm drop line called revTech. I won't be surprised to see higher C ratings packs coming out later this year.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default They just keep getting better...

I got out to the track with my ReVtech packs this weekend finally for a bigger race and have about 10 cycles on my packs now. I have to say they only get better and better. They were great on the first few cycles but now seem to hold the voltage longer and better during the run.

I love these cells!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

How will the revtech motors differ from the rest of the epic/trinity line?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by lowroad
How will the revtech motors differ from the rest of the epic/trinity line?
The new ReVtech motors are being built completely different. They have a different stator (More torque based), different sensor board, different endbell and can and different solder tabs. Final prototypes are being tested now but so far they are stellar!!

EA
Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I got a chance to run the 60C 6000mah packs this weekend and I'm really excited about them.

I ran at the dirt oval track in stock 4wd late model. The car I'm running has a non-ramping ESC, and against a field of all ramping cars I was only 1.2 seconds off of TQ for a 2nd place qualifier..and that was primarily because of a bobble. The pack had all kinds of punch off the line and the speed was almost the same as the ramped cars...just insane.

Way faster than my other packs.

For those running bullets I'm noticing the connectors in the packs hold up much better than others as well; the bullet doesn't appear to be getting loose at all, where as some tend to 'break in' and the plugs will slide out much easier, these feel just as good after running it 10-15 times in a 1/8 eBuggy as they did when they were brand new. Very high quality.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The new ReVtech motors are being built completely different. They have a different stator (More torque based), different sensor board, different endbell and can and different solder tabs. Final prototypes are being tested now but so far they are stellar!!

EA
Is there going to be a 1S version out for 1/12th and WGT?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I know this sounds very impatient but how long till these new motors are going to hit the street? I have a dwindling stock of Duo 2's and 1 NIP duo 3 left before i will need some new horsepower and im hanging out for these motors. Im hoping by September as i have a BIG race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.