Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark G
when i go to buy them it says there out of stock
Hey Mark try refreshing your browser... I have 15 of them in stock when I logged into my site.

Thanks

EA
Old 01-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Chris, I broke the left knuckle. I'm also one of the lucky ones with the rear toe issue. I have a 1mm shim on the left side and a .5mm shim on the right to get the toe as even as I could. The T2 felt as good if not better than anything I have owned. My FK05 felt pretty good too, but I couldn't get the rear to transition well. Trying to get your car right during qualifiers usually doesn't equate to much.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Speaking of drilling out your hub, I borrowed a reamer from a buddy at the track, it was a 3.05mm reamer that he got from Kyosho.jp. Anyone know of anywhere stateside that would have such a monster?
Old 01-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Speaking of drilling out your hub, I borrowed a reamer from a buddy at the track, it was a 3.05mm reamer that he got from Kyosho.jp. Anyone know of anywhere stateside that would have such a monster?
Try www.mcmastercar.com They carry all sorts of stuff like that.

EA
Old 01-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by kt racing
EA,
Just wanted to stop in and give you some props because Billy Spence was fast!!!!!!!! This weekend at the Southeastern Classic.

Next time you talk to melton ask him to tell you his secret way to open a corona bottle.

KT
Thanks KT....I get lucky and sneak a fast one out every now and then Ive heard

EA
Old 01-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey Eric,
Had a friend use that Reedy QM I sent you a few months back....
It looked to be the fastest motor out there....Those XXX's are the bomb for that motor...It gets faster and faster each and every run...just skim the comm and rebreak in the brushes for 5 mins at 2v....
I think I love this motor...Can not wait to see the Checkpoints and the Newer Trinity 19T....
Bring them on....
-Shookie <>
Yea the XXX's are fast in some motors. That is the best way to treat the XXX's. Skim and rerun!

EA
Old 01-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Rob, what'd you break? im running tamiya rear hubs on mine after i broke the left rear.

i had to switch out the axles to the tamiya ones. had to use 5x9 bearings instead of the X-Ray 5x10... and drilled out the tamiya hubs so the hinge pin would fit.
One of the guys at my track broke one and used one from a Pro4/cyclone and it was a direct fitment other then having to open the pin hole up....But it was perfect other than that.

EA
Old 01-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Team EAM

Hey Guys,

Its never been a big problem but it did happen. Please do not make derogortory remarks towards anyone on Rctech if you have my name in your signature. It has happend in the past few days and when I said something the person quite because he thought it was a joke and that I took it to serious.

I know we all say things on here that get taken out of context (since we can not see each others face when talking) and I am guilty of it too but I run EAM for a living full time and do not need the problems it causes sometimes. If you see me say something that doesnt seem right please PM me and let me know ASAP...it does happen.

Thanks

EA
Old 01-30-2006, 03:23 AM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Race Results

Saturday was Awesome @ Radio Hill. TQed with a new track record using EA monster stock with the F brush.

http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15068

Sunday was not so good of a day @ Redneck Q 3rd and finished 6th.

http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15056

Eric I talked to Greg @ radio Hill he has not received your call.

Bob Mott
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Eric,

What spring combo would you use for F's on a Reedy Quad?
Same for a C2

How should they differ on gearing?

Had a few problems at the weekend, in that I couldn't get a pair of F's to last more than 3 runs... my motor went very soft in the final with them in, and came of roasting hot, despite runningmy double cooling fans. I'm pretty damm sure that the gearing wasn't the problem, as I was geared lower than I have been all series (6.5 versus 6.2-6.3 ish). Car was rapid to start with, but went off quite badly.

Same happened to some mates of mine too, both running Reedy Quads. I was using my EA C2. Broke the brushes in a 2v for about 3mins on all the motors.

Cheers
Ed
Old 01-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by 1M
Saturday was Awesome @ Radio Hill. TQed with a new track record using EA monster stock with the F brush.

http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15068

Sunday was not so good of a day @ Redneck Q 3rd and finished 6th.

http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15056

Eric I talked to Greg @ radio Hill he has not received your call.

Bob Mott
Email me Greg's contact info again...But I will have to have an email address to send him a price list for him to look over.

EA
Old 01-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hi Eric,

What spring combo would you use for F's on a Reedy Quad?
Same for a C2

How should they differ on gearing?

Had a few problems at the weekend, in that I couldn't get a pair of F's to last more than 3 runs... my motor went very soft in the final with them in, and came of roasting hot, despite runningmy double cooling fans. I'm pretty damm sure that the gearing wasn't the problem, as I was geared lower than I have been all series (6.5 versus 6.2-6.3 ish). Car was rapid to start with, but went off quite badly.

Same happened to some mates of mine too, both running Reedy Quads. I was using my EA C2. Broke the brushes in a 2v for about 3mins on all the motors.

Cheers
Ed

I use red/green or red/red on the reedy motors. One thing with them becasue of such a high FDR I only run F brushes in them 1 time. They get so hot becasue of the big comm and high FDR it burns brushes up.

C2's I ususally only run them twice with F brushes then rebuild....We are gearing them so high that its hard on the brushes and comm.

EA
Old 01-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Ok, cheers eric... looks like I might have gone a little wrong on the advise then

We were running purple/purple on the reedys... and I ran purple/purple on my C2... it was on the third run it cried enough... shoulda stuck to Purple/Red.

Live and learn eh.
cheers
Ed
Old 01-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by TryHard
Ok, cheers eric... looks like I might have gone a little wrong on the advise then

We were running purple/purple on the reedys... and I ran purple/purple on my C2... it was on the third run it cried enough... shoulda stuck to Purple/Red.

Live and learn eh.
cheers
Ed
The reedy's do not need that much spring becasue the comm is so much bigger the brush is sticking out in the hood farther...So a red/red is like a purple/purple on a C2.

For the C2's I have been running red/purple or red/red depending on the track.

EA
Old 01-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

is that Red (+) / Purple (-) then? So stiffer on the negative side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.