Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 05:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey JP, thinking bout going to aldershot but weather looks aweful. I may end up not going anywhere and watchin Grand Prix. First weekend off racing for a bit though, get withdrawl symptoms. Need to work on outdoor setup for Pro4. Did you get my setup i sent from Carpetwars?

I want a fan. (cheap)!!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

aye gonna be indoors up at greasley this weekend... Is it really two weeks since I last hit the track. Bugger

Anyway, I'm gonna put the monster in, and see how i go with it. I've got some major things to try out this weekend, before the final BIWS round.

Also, J-P I got malcoms email, just haven't had a chance to reply yet... I'll deffiently be putting my name down for one of the fans

Later
Ed
Old 03-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

i'll be racing at a local club, not sure whether to do stock or mod

i will also be running on sunday with the b4, but that isn't associated with EA i guess...that reminds me, still need to sort the servo out from last time
Old 03-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello
Please tell me what is the difference between DC Motorsports RPM type and Torque type? I'm asking about difference inside the motor.

Which motor is base dor DC Motorsport? Is it Orion V2 Touring/Modified/Hara/ Peak?
Old 03-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

i think a lot of things effect it, the way its wound, "webbing" (something like that)...not sure, best ask Eric

im guessing the V2s are based the standard ones..only difference between all the orion/peak motors are the armatures iirc and i doubt the fell over at DC uses their armatures, he will bring his own in i guess.

the Ti is obviously based on a Ti
Old 03-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: comm drops

Originally posted by ghoppa
what is your take on "Tribotech Comm Drops"???????
(1) drop is all you need on the com! This stuff works good but too much and it will gum up the works!1drop
Old 03-04-2005, 10:10 AM
J-P
Tech Regular

well good luck guys, let us know how you get on

tryhard,

just a little tweak needed on the 415 fan bracket, so hang in thier. if you need a set up for the monster on carpet i've got a nice set up with full face f-lines red/red combo and an overall ratio of 8.07, and that was on a big track at DMS winter series.

Robz,

hey have a weekend off, yeah like i said to you earlier its sorted, well you can help me out with the outdoor set up for both the pro4 and the EA motors, im looking forward to the up coming summer events

MRJOLLY,

hows it going not heard from you in while! hows things ?? will call you over the weekend if i get a chance

laters

J-P
Old 03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Re: comm drops

Originally posted by ghoppa
what is your take on "Tribotech Comm Drops"???????
ghoppa,

I reconmend Zubaks speed juice for the most RPM and power. The side effect is it is harder on the comm. The tribo is good for running a motor over and over without rebuilding it. Also lets the motor run a little cooler.

EA
Old 03-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Team EAM

Originally posted by dicort
Hello
Please tell me what is the difference between DC Motorsports RPM type and Torque type? I'm asking about difference inside the motor.

Which motor is base dor DC Motorsport? Is it Orion V2 Touring/Modified/Hara/ Peak?
dicort,

The RPM type arm uses a thin web design that allows the motor to spool up quicker and have more rpm at the sacrafice of torque.

The Torque type is just the opposite. It uses a thicker web that will produce alot more torque with less RPM. It will also me more effecient on the batteries.

Hope this helps.

EA
Old 03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Team EAM

Hey guys,

Ive got Monsters, C2's and handwound 19 turns in stock now..Ive just got to build them!!! Ive had the flu since Tuesday and am just now getting over it. I will have it all online Sunday night.

Thanks

EA
Old 03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Eric do the F brush from you come with your special cut?
Old 03-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

EA choses a different cut from time to time he will use full face , vertical slot & a drill hole in the middle
the roars i have here have holes the monsters last week had slot`s
And just to make it intresting i have had monsters with full face

EA will only cut the brushe if the motor like`s it , which he won`t know untill he has it on the dyno
This is true hand tuning individual motors
full face lot`s of torque
hole less torque more revs
slot same as above also keeps the centre of the brush cooler longer

the hole is a old timers trick been going for years ,big jim likes holes in the 767 brush
ME? i can`t tell the difference between all of them , i`m to busy fighting the car around the track
Old 03-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im running sunday at ellesmere ports "winter classic" meet. Last time i managed 5th, but im running rubber stock and everyone else is on foams. Depends on what the tracks like sunday i supose. Got plenty of motors and HP though
Old 03-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default Re: Re: comm drops

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
ghoppa,

I reconmend Zubaks speed juice for the most RPM and power. The side effect is it is harder on the comm. The tribo is good for running a motor over and over without rebuilding it. Also lets the motor run a little cooler.

EA
10-4....

"ETA on 19turn's?"??????? (inquiring minds wanna know!!!!!!!!!)

late!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Team EAM

ghoppa,

Been working all night and will be working tomorrow and Sunday too to get caught up. C2's, Monsters, and ARCOR handwound 19 turns will be on the site Sunday.

Thanks

EA-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.