Search

Surge Worldwide

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Tag
January Jam update:

Surge drivers Jon Williams and Mike Haynes are 9th and 10th in quailifing for the A,Double A mains up next

Local Ace Jeff Cuffs is 2nd going into the A main rounds

Good Luck all
Nice!
Old 01-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

John are you bringing extra motors down on the 29th. Few people asking about them.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Tim - I'll bet they did, you were flying tonight.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

After the stock day at CRCRC...

Jamie Fredericks - E-Main Ex. Stock Truck
Not sure about buggy...I left before he ran...

Larry Fairtrace - D-Main Ex. Stock Truck
E-Main Ex. Stock Buggy

Tyler Keel - C-Main Ex. Stock Truck

OMG What a long day...We got there at 7:30 a.m. and I left after my main at 12:00 a.m. and they still had 20 races to go when I left.

Mod day is tomorrow, Larry and I are racing mod while Jamie will be returning home for work...We'll keep you updated on that...This race just amazed me on how fast people are up here...I never bobbled 1 time and was full punch and made the C!! I was like

TK
Old 01-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good job, Tyler, keep it up.

I think Randy said it best at the Novak race: "Ya know, we have ALL this horsepower at home, and we get here, and can't find any of it."

Take it to 'em.

Rob
Old 01-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Gary, I know that Jon is busy representing this weekend with some of the other guys, just wanted to let you know that I have two of the LHS's interested in getting price lists asap on batteries and motors. can you contact me [email protected] or do I wait for Jon to return? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffb
Hey Gary, I know that Jon is busy representing this weekend with some of the other guys, just wanted to let you know that I have two of the LHS's interested in getting price lists asap on batteries and motors. can you contact me [email protected] or do I wait for Jon to return? Thanks.
Jeff I got ya covered. I'll shoot ya an e-mail shortly.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default JAN 29

Off the subject. Mimi says she is trying to do assigned pitting at the Jan 29 race for for people that sign up early. She has recieved some entries. Iasked about getting our team to pit together, I wrote down the following names, not sure if I got them all
Jon W
John T
JR
Reigle
Haynes
Boyer

Could not remeber if anyone else is going, if you are let me know and I will see what i can do.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Re: JAN 29

Originally posted by fastasu2
Off the subject. Mimi says she is trying to do assigned pitting at the Jan 29 race for for people that sign up early. She has recieved some entries. Iasked about getting our team to pit together, I wrote down the following names, not sure if I got them all
Jon W
John T
JR
Reigle
Haynes
Boyer

Could not remeber if anyone else is going, if you are let me know and I will see what i can do.
I have a few more (Not on SUrge but some of our RCO guys and friends that race with us) Paul Bouhl, Jeff Mohn, Adam Ball, Steve Walters, and I think thats it that I can think of. I will sign up for the race next weekend.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

ok, I have no problem with tha, I actually put down for Pat Conners too.

She will just ask you to put the names down at bottom of paper. You can add them to my list if you want too. I was trying to tell her we will need a full row, but we might be up to 2 rows in no time.

I think Steve was there last night racing too. I will be at ORL race next weekend so i will see you on the 29th.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

ok, I have no problem with tha, I actually put down for Pat Conners too.

She will just ask you to put the names down at bottom of paper. You can add them to my list if you want too. I was trying to tell her we will need a full row, but we might be up to 2 rows in no time.

I think Steve was there last night racing too. I will be at ORL race next weekend so i will see you on the 29th.
Ok Time I will try to add them to your sheet.

You going to the next ORL race? Its that at Potbelly's?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Yea it is. I have neard differnet things about the track but figured I want to finish the series so.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Yea it is. I have neard differnet things about the track but figured I want to finish the series so.
All I know about it is I think it is a little small but have not heard anything bad. Should be a good time for you but a long travel day to best of my knowledge. I know or me it is well over 2 hours and more like 2 1/2 for my buddies that have been their to run pan cars from my area.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Big win for SURGE

Hello all,

Over the weekend here in New Zealand we had a big international race meeting with drivers from New Zealand and Australia. Surikarn was also supposed to come but pulled out at the last minute.

It was a very good weekend of racing with gas on the Saturday and electric on the Sunday. I only race electric with the BMI TC3 (waiting on the BMI TC4) with SURGE Batteries so yesterday was a very busy day for touring modified. We had 4 qualifiers and 3 finals. So 7 races in one day, certainly the most I have ever done. No time to stop and think.
I managed to TQ by one second with a new track record. Another New Zealander was right behind me and the top Australian (Associated Reedy factory driver) was in third on the grid 1 second behind him. So it was very close at the top. On the grid for the first final my car developed a glitch so we changed crystals on the start line but it was still there. So I got one of my team mates to lay on the inside of thr track and hold my car until just before the buzzer. It was strange though because once the race was underway there was no glitch at all.

I won the first final but it was a freight train to the end. I was third in the second final after a crash of the start line. So it came down to the third final. I ended up coming second in the last final.
What this meant was that 3 drivers were tied on 19 points so we went to a count back which knocked out the other New Zealand driver because his last race was bad. Andrew Abbott (Australian driver) and myself were still tied though because our third result was both thirds. So we went to a second count back. So I was eventually declared the winner because I had TQed.

All in all a great weekend of racing in perfect conditions and good competition. We race outdoors on unprpared ashfelt with foams. No traction additive is allowed either. The SURGE Batteries preformed perfectly all weekend and was quicker than ever. Jon, I used the batteries that I got of you while in Florida at the Worlds. I will be looking to get some even better ones for our Nationals in mid March. I will probably need them the way other drivers are improving. Mind you some drivers used 3600 batteries over the weekend and I still won with the 3300 SURGE batteries.

I have another big race meeting in a couple of weeks which will be at the same race track as the nationals which is in March. So hopefully the BMI TC4 will be ready and available so I can test it at this meeting.

So it is Monday morning here in New Zealand and I am sitting here at work typing this with a big grin on my face. I am so happy considering we expected the Australian drivers to dominate.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Tag I see your back, how did Williams fair yesterday?

How did you do at the belly today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.