Search
Like Tree63Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I'm not 100% on when it will be released. We're constantly testing to work out bugs and find new fast stuff. When we find a software we are happy with, we'll release it.

-Korey
thank you so much for the info ..
Old 04-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Champion

It's been a long time.... But I bring new and exciting news! Even though we have been quiet here on rctech, Team ORCA has been diligently working to improve our current ESC. We have finally developed a software that we feel is highly competitive and offers many benefits for all racers. Testing has shown significant performance gains throughout the powerband, and also very consistent brakes.

We have simplified the setup process on our ESC, yet still managed to extract significant increases of performance. Some of the added features are as follows:

-New Dynamic timing software with added timing, and brake parameters.

-The first ESC to be specifically developed with the Sanwa M11X in mind. Due to the M11X extremely fast frame rate, our developers found a way to make our ESC work with all radios, including the M11X.

-New ROAR "Stock Spec" LED indication system. Allows for easy tech inspection when running the software to ROAR specs for the upcoming stock class (0 timing).

Look for more release information Early May 2010

-Korey
Old 05-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Initiate

It's been a long time.... But I bring new and exciting news! Even though we have been quiet here on rctech, Team ORCA has been diligently working to improve our current ESC. We have finally developed a software that we feel is highly competitive and offers many benefits for all racers. Testing has shown significant performance gains throughout the powerband, and also very consistent brakes.

We have simplified the setup process on our ESC, yet still managed to extract significant increases of performance. Some of the added features are as follows:

-New Dynamic timing software with added timing, and brake parameters.

-The first ESC to be specifically developed with the Sanwa M11X in mind. Due to the M11X extremely fast frame rate, our developers found a way to make our ESC work with all radios, including the M11X.

-New ROAR "Stock Spec" LED indication system. Allows for easy tech inspection when running the software to ROAR specs for the upcoming stock class (0 timing).

Look for more release information Early May 2010

-Korey
why many peoples complain this brand at Malaysia thread?? I wanted to know, is this ESC No.1 in the world ? i saw mikecan said so in the Malaysian Thread. If this is the No.1 esc, i would like to order half dozen of it...

Hope to see your kind reply.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Hi rcnoobie10, to answer your questions:

1. "why many peoples complain this brand at Malaysia thread" - It seems that most complaints about ORCA was around issues happening at TITC Thailand. As per our earlier post, we have commented on this issue and will not discuss it here again. Anyways, we, TeamORCA USA, have worked very closely with Team ORCA and have successfully come up with a software revision for our Vritra esc that we believe will make us very competitive in TC competition.

2. "No.1 ESC in the world" - TeamORCA USA does NOT support any claim of this sort. To the best of our knowledge, Mikecan8 is not part of the ORCA organization in Malaysia. Whatever represented by him should be treated as his own personal feeling and comments, but not from ORCA. As for yourself, I suggest that you can try one of the new esc out and decide if it's good for you. What I can tell you is that all of us at TeamORCA USA who has tried the new software is very excited about the esc - especially on the smoothness and the consistancy of the speedo.

Happy racing and make more friends on the way!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi rcnoobie10, to answer your questions:

1. "why many peoples complain this brand at Malaysia thread" - It seems that most complaints about ORCA was around issues happening at TITC Thailand. As per our earlier post, we have commented on this issue and will not discuss it here again. Anyways, we, TeamORCA USA, have worked very closely with Team ORCA and have successfully come up with a software revision for our Vritra esc that we believe will make us very competitive in TC competition.

2. "No.1 ESC in the world" - TeamORCA USA does NOT support any claim of this sort. To the best of our knowledge, Mikecan8 is not part of the ORCA organization in Malaysia. Whatever represented by him should be treated as his own personal feeling and comments, but not from ORCA. As for yourself, I suggest that you can try one of the new esc out and decide if it's good for you. What I can tell you is that all of us at TeamORCA USA who has tried the new software is very excited about the esc - especially on the smoothness and the consistancy of the speedo.

Happy racing and make more friends on the way!
Hi rcnoobie10,

See this is the correct way how to answering people question. Not like the mikecan8 keep making the fake statement.

Korey Harbke i think the ORCA need to have a nice talk with mikecan8
Old 05-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Korey, I am looking for a pro spec setup sheet for a small carpet track running 17.5 and 13.5....track size is 75x36.....usuallly a full straight into a full sweeper. I am using Orca motors.
Thanks...........Dwayne Flodell
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tandman
Korey, I am looking for a pro spec setup sheet for a small carpet track running 17.5 and 13.5....track size is 75x36.....usuallly a full straight into a full sweeper. I am using Orca motors.
Thanks...........Dwayne Flodell

Hey Dwayne, are you still running indoor?

the last setting Keith use was

timing: 30
Turbo: 45
Delay: 0.2
Smooth: 3
Gearing: 6.1

Start with that.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

try this

timing: 35
Turbo: 47
Delay: 0
interval: off
Gearing: 7.4 (motor is orion 11.5t)
punch 7

check temp every 2 minutes

i used this setting to win femca mod class recently...track is 100x60ft
Old 07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Default Great News!

ESCs are in stock and ready to ship! Have your local hobby shop contact me if there are any questions.

-Korey
Old 07-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

oopsie

Last edited by JayBee; 07-09-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ESCs are in stock and ready to ship! Have your local hobby shop contact me if there are any questions.

-Korey
WOOO I'm gonna have to buy one!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys, I need a good starting Point for 13.5.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MattFromSooke
Hey Guys, I need a good starting Point for 13.5.

Thanks.
Hi,

This is the setup I used at Reedy Race(13.5)
Timing 36
Turbo 48
Delay 0.15
Interval 3
Punch 10
FDR 6.3

Keith Yu
Old 08-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ROAR OnRoad National

Congrates to Korey Harbke and Our New Team member Martin Crisp!
You guys did a GREAT JOB!!!! At the 2010 ROAR OnRoad Natioal.
We had two Drivers in the Expert TC 17.5 Class,and both of you made the A Main and finished 2nd(Martin)&3rd(Korey) I just can't ask for more!

Keith Yu
Team Orca USA
Old 11-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

was just looking at the orca rx2 brushless motors......very nice....
thinking of getting one to try in 10.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.