Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree63Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alright so I am just looking for a second (technically 3rd) opinion on what is going on here with my ORCA VX speed control. It arrived today, so I removed the wires from my other ORCA VX speed control that had a separate issue (motor end bell backed off and seemingly shorted out speed control or something to that effect) so I bought another one as a replacement for the time being while I send the other back to be repaired. It arrived with the V3.0 software on it which I already had on my other speed control so I installed my wiring, shortened the wire that goes to the receiver as I have done on every speed control, transponder, etc. over the past 8 years and plugged it in to the program card and it just says "loading..." nothing happens, it just sits on that screen. I have tried loading up Ver 2.2 software, still nothing. I have double, and triple checked my wiring and it all seems fine. The speed control updates perfectly normal so I assume thats a good sign. Keith suggested it could be a wiring issue because I shortened the wire but I've checked it and it seems to be fine as it plugs into the receiver and powers servo normally.

I attached a picture of what it does, and consolidated Ian Hardman already (who has been unbelievably helpful through my switch to Orca products) and we can't seem to figure it out (over the phone mind you). Just wanted to know if this has happened to any of you before.

As a note, both speed control and program card are running the same software Ver 3.0 120922O
Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread-20130110_211830_resized_1.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Steve,

I had an issue with one of mine doing that. I reloaded the software on the program card and speedo and it fixed it. I have not had any other issues with any of them I have had other than that one. Not sure if yours is the same or not but worth a shot to reload the card if you have not done so yet.

EA
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Steve,

I had an issue with one of mine doing that. I reloaded the software on the program card and speedo and it fixed it. I have not had any other issues with any of them I have had other than that one. Not sure if yours is the same or not but worth a shot to reload the card if you have not done so yet.

EA
Thanks EA, I tried loading 2.2 software onto both the esc and program card and that didn't work, and after that I reloaded ver 3.0 software and that didn't work either. Really don't know where to go from here. I will try uninstalling all the driver software on my computer and reinstalling to see if maybe the files are being corrupted in the writing process or something
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.Bortolotti
Thanks EA, I tried loading 2.2 software onto both the esc and program card and that didn't work, and after that I reloaded ver 3.0 software and that didn't work either. Really don't know where to go from here. I will try uninstalling all the driver software on my computer and reinstalling to see if maybe the files are being corrupted in the writing process or something
Same thing happened to me. It ended up being the program card. I was able to program the speedo using a friend's at the track. Tried reloading the firmware on my card to no avail.

Contacted the vendor I purchased from and am exchanging the old card for a new one.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by S.Bortolotti
Just to update, I got it working. I have all the software versions saved on USB stick and was putting the downloaded software files into the Orca update program from the USB. I just copy/pasted the files onto my desktop and put them on the Orca update program from the desktop and now everything works fine. I assume my USB was causing an error of some kind in the updating process, but regardless, it works now without issue!

I also uninstalled all Orca software and reinstalled it for good measure which could have helped as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone throw help with programing the Orca Spark ESC? I have tried following the directions but not having any sucess with the confusion in them. Any help would be very appriciated. Maybe even a short video?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default ROAR Approval

Last edited by DirtyDog3375; 01-16-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Can someone help with a setup for VX speedo V3 in 17.5 boosted on an asphalt low grip track with 70Meter straight.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Got a Pro Spec VC MKII for sale. Very little use. If you have the programer you can updated it to the latest software version. 150$ shipped.
Pics here
Old 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by macdude
Got a Pro Spec VC MKII for sale. Very little use. If you have the programer you can updated it to the latest software version. 150$ shipped.
Pics here

I don't think you can upgrade the software on that ESC
Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stikman
I don't think you can upgrade the software on that ESC
It's the MKII so it can be updated. I just don't have the usb adapter to do it. I have the older version of this which is physically identical and it can't be updated.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

has anyone tried the orca spark for 13.5 boosted class? im planning on getting one but i want to know if it will be competetive enough
Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ran one with a 6.5 in my Tamiya mini. I can't say if it was competitive, but it unglued my tires at full boost, and it did nose wheelies when I slammed on the brakes.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2Quick
Can someone help with a setup for VX speedo V3 in 17.5 boosted on an asphalt low grip track with 70Meter straight.
You can try this setup!
Timing start: 5%
Timing:36
Timing inter.:Nor.
Turbo timing:56
Turbo inter.:Nor.
Turbo delay:0.1s
PWM:8K
FDR 6.0
Orca RX2 17.5 motor: motor timing 3 lines.
Max. Motor Temp. after 6mins 160f*
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by canon
has anyone tried the orca spark for 13.5 boosted class? im planning on getting one but i want to know if it will be competetive enough
For club level should be good enough but the VX can allow you to use higher timing and turbo setting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.