Wiki Posts
Search

Team Hurricane Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kevin K
JDXray....For a sedan I would run with the gold brushes with a monster I would use Red/Green or Red/Red spring combo and a hole in the face of the brush. I break them in with Hurricane Blue Thunder com drops at 2 volts for 180 seconds with out a fan....if you use a fan break in the brushes for 120 seconds. Then spray the motor out and relube the bushings and put two drops of the Hurricane RED com drops on each brush and go run it.
How many amps you usally get out of that?

I did mine like this:
Hurricane Gold- full face
centered armature
break in no fan- 2.0v 300sec
Purple/Red
Bushing Lube
Matrix RPM Blue

With good results : 9-10amps 2.0v
Old 04-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well not every Turbo 30, 35 or GFX reads the same but on average you should see with out a fan at 2 volts an 8 to 10 amp range.....with a fan you should see 9 to 12 amp range if not shut it off(with older 30's and 35's) after you have sprayed it out. Even if it doesnt show high amps that doesnt mean that that motor isnt strong. High amps mean a number of things. Last weekend I raced a motor that was only pulling 6 amps at 2 volts and I was able to TQ over many top drivers including the Cleveland stock winner. And that motor was great on the track.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Well not every Turbo 30, 35 or GFX reads the same but on average you should see with out a fan at 2 volts an 8 to 10 amp range.....with a fan you should see 9 to 12 amp range if not shut it off(with older 30's and 35's) after you have sprayed it out. Even if it doesnt show high amps that doesnt mean that that motor isnt strong. High amps mean a number of things. Last weekend I raced a motor that was only pulling 6 amps at 2 volts and I was able to TQ over many top drivers including the Cleveland stock winner. And that motor was great on the track.
Ya i dont understand that, low amps means there bad or good? Because i have had some stocks go really low but are they good?

I have noticed, some low amps motors sound okay, and the some really high amps are quite.. I dont get motors sometimes.

I am stilling playing around with that monster with Hurricane, I might make the POS side alittle stiffer and align hoods (Which i havent done yet, lol) All trial and error

Jon
Old 04-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

It looks like you might be breaking the brushes in for too long of a run. There isnt really any benifit to going past 200 sec IMO. That just heats up the brush before you even get to run it. Also the Purple/Red spring combo is a little heavy but some motors need that. We mainly run that combo on the ROAR stocks and the BS motors but we have used it on monsters from time to time. Everything else looks like it should.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

It looks like you might be breaking the brushes in for too long of a run. There isnt really any benifit to going past 200 sec IMO. That just heats up the brush before you even get to run it. Also the Purple/Red spring combo is a little heavy but some motors need that. We mainly run that combo on the ROAR stocks and the BS motors but we have used it on monsters from time to time. Everything else looks like it should.
Ya i am thinking purple/red is alittle too stiff, might go to red/red or red/green. But right now i like it.

I always here to go 300secs but thats what i hear.

Is hurricane coming out with another brush or staying with 1?
Old 04-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JDXray
Ya i dont understand that, low amps means there bad or good? Because i have had some stocks go really low but are they good?

I have noticed, some low amps motors sound okay, and the some really high amps are quite.. I dont get motors sometimes.

I am stilling playing around with that monster with Hurricane, I might make the POS side alittle stiffer and align hoods (Which i havent done yet, lol) All trial and error

Jon
Yeah motors are strange that’s for sure. Just try not to get too wrapped up in numbers on a machine....what it does on the track is where it counts. IMO the only thing a dyno is useful for is to get gearing. Yeah just keep playing with things and more times then not that’s when you stumble or happen across what really makes and wakes up some motors. Good luck with brushes they are the best brush that I have run.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

At this time Hurricane only has the Gold brush but it does work well in stock and 19t. Maybe with more work there might be another brush but nothing new at this time.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

At this time Hurricane only has the Gold brush but it does work well in stock and 19t. Maybe with more work there might be another brush but nothing new at this time.
Okay, thats my next test, is in 19t motor. Ill let you know how that goes.

Jon
Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Cool....yeah let us know what you find out.

good luck
Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Cool....yeah let us know what you find out.

good luck
Oh ya sorry, on that note you guys have any tips for 19t? Or same as stock?
Old 04-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Well it depends on the 19t motor and if its locked or adjustable? For the Reedy flame 19t I do everything the same as I do for my stock motors but I run the stock springs. With 19t I find that I go though the brushes more often then with stock. Its been a while for me using a C2 or anything other then a Reedy 19t. I kinda remember that we used Purple/Purple or Purple/Red on the springs and Used a hole and or narrowed up the brush.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Well it depends on the 19t motor and if its locked or adjustable? For the Reedy flame 19t I do everything the same as I do for my stock motors but I run the stock springs. With 19t I find that I go though the brushes more often then with stock. Its been a while for me using a C2 or anything other then a Reedy 19t. I kinda remember that we used Purple/Purple or Purple/Red on the springs and Used a hole and or narrowed up the brush.
Okay, I run the Reedy Quad 19t. Ill try the purple/purple or purple/red with cavity. Thanks
Old 04-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

No problem...good luck.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Team Hurricane Motorsports,
Do you have any motors available?
Thank you
Old 04-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AlanLim
Hi Team Hurricane Motorsports,
Do you have any motors available?
Thank you
Hurricane does not offer motors. But they do offer the best brush for stock motors and 19t's to make any stock or 19t motor faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.