Wiki Posts
Search

Team Hurricane Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kevin K
Hurricane does not offer motors. But they do offer the best brush for stock motors and 19t's to make any stock or 19t motor faster.
Alan...checkout the website and you can see the results of the Hurricane Motorsports "Gold Brush"

http://www.teamhurricane.net/

Using the brushes helped racers place in the A Main at the Snowbirds, Onroad Nats, Novak Race, ect.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Nexus
Alan...checkout the website and you can see the results of the Hurricane Motorsports "Gold Brush"

http://www.teamhurricane.net/

Using the brushes helped racers place in the A Main at the Snowbirds, Onroad Nats, Novak Race, ect.

SWEET!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

brad-you told me at the race at trackside for the midwest race that i can get shirts off of teamhurricane.net or com.where do i go.is a ea motor very good for stock
Old 04-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Brad....you best bet is to call Brad at the shop and see what shirts he has in stock and place the order that way. Also many of the aftermarket stock motor tuners are good....EA is good from what I can see locally Team 1 is also good.....they all run better with GOLD brushes... There are some that I would stay away from but most of the time you cant get anything from them anyhow so that speaks for itself.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Question about discharging after a run. I have been dumping at 20 amps but I'm about to sell that charger and want to know what is the team at Hurricane using to dump their batteries.

I was thinking about the duratrax or integy where you set the pack in and lock it down and it discharges per cell. I have several Hurricane packs and am wondering the best way to dump them. Have a Novak tray to trey them looking for how to dump them after a run. Is 20 or 30 amps better. Mainly run stock. but am going to run 19t in a few events.

Thanks,

Mike T.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Mike....Hurricane recommends that you use a 30 to 35amp discharge device such as a Turbo 35 or GFX down to .9v per cell. You can also get an Integy reactor that will discharge at 30 amps if you don’t have a Turbo. After you are done racing for the day there is no need to really discharge them for the day....unless you didn’t run a full 5 or 6 minutes on the pack. Then when you get to the track the next time throw the packs on your Novak tray before you charge them and equalize them at .9v per cell. You only need to discharge the packs after your run if you are going to run them again that day.....there is no need to tray them a second time in one day. If you are going to leave the packs for an extended period of time then discharge them down to .9v per cell and then put a 200 to 400 second charge into the pack.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Default Web Special

Guys and Gals....Dont forget that they curent Web Special is due to expire sometime in the next week so if you are looking for a great deal on some cells act now and get them at that great price.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

i posted on the rsj thread as well

i have a question about the hurricane cells i got

they are all 440 + secs but where a cell sticker usually shows the voltage there is a silver streak of paint. I was told the cells i have are 1.180 and up for volts. But just wondering why the silver streak over the voltage?
Old 04-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by wallstreet
i posted on the rsj thread as well

i have a question about the hurricane cells i got

they are all 440 + secs but where a cell sticker usually shows the voltage there is a silver streak of paint. I was told the cells i have are 1.180 and up for volts. But just wondering why the silver streak over the voltage?
Are those the packs you bought from Jason Cheng....just wondering.

If so.....440+ runtime and 1.18+.....god damn those are some awesome cells!!

alot of the top racers do some secret squirrel stuff like hiding cell voltage, painting springs all the same colors, ect

either way....those cells should rock!

you coming out to RSJ this sunday?
Old 04-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Wallstreet.....If you bought some TEAM packs from a racer they would have the voltage silvered out. This is done so that people don’t complain when one driver gets 1 hundredth a volt more then another this doesn’t really matter but some guys get upset when driver A has a pack of 1.184's and driver B has a pack of 1.183's this is common with all race teams. Although I’m not sure why they would be selling them. I think you said that you bought them from Jason Cheng. Then yes the Voltage will right around 1.18 for the packs.

When you buy packs from NEW Hurricane packs from your LHS or the website they will show the voltage on the sticker. The only time the voltage is hidden is when they are for TEAM drivers.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I ran some new Hurricane cells this weekend and they were awesome. Everytime I build packs up, I'm still impressed that Hurricane takes the time to shrink wrap the cells for you. nice touch!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Mike-I just bought a duratrax discharger and it works great(Now i do not have to spend my day discharging batteries on lightbulbs
Old 04-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

I donno if this has been asked already, but will Hurricane eventually use GP3700s?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HKlosi
I donno if this has been asked already, but will Hurricane eventually use GP3700s?
It has been asked before....Im sure once they are legal and allowed at more races Brad and Co. will start to match them, but this is just a guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.