Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

JasonB:

ConGrats on your B.M.I. Cyclone chassis winning the Stock A Main Foam and getting TQ also. way to go Larry F. and Shreff.
also congrats on getting your 12th scale up to speed with so little track time. the pics Robert posted on is site are great!!!!!

Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 06:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Congrats Jason on having BMI drivers post some great results using your chassis and graphite componets. Great to see your hard work continuing to pay off. I saw Schreffs and Faitraces's Cyclones run before the Birds and they where dialed to say the least. That might be an understatement on how good their cars worked.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Congrats Larry, Schreff, and all of team BMI at the birds.

I have updated the main page of the site locally and have to wait till I get home from work to post it. I'm sorry for the delay in updating the site. I have been really busy with work and haven't touched my rc car since october.

I will be working on a new site layout and will be getting the product section updated asap.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions that would help me out, e-mail me at [email protected]

l8r,

Tim
Old 02-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrats to the BMI crew, Jason is truely class act!!!

Kevin
Old 02-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for all your support Jay.....

Cannot wait to run the R car on Asphalt. I ran the db12r for the first time.... my first q at the birds. The car got better each run, too bad, I did not.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrat's Jason !
Can't wait to see their setups.
Thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for all the Props guys, Finally all my work has paid off. The Bmi cyclone was a dream at this race. And to tell you the truth I barley changed my setup from my normal club race setup. Rear springs and droop is all I changed. If anyone wants the setup shoot me a pm. Schreff and I ran very similar setups, one that we developed over the past 6 months of driving this car. Not one time during the week did the car tweak or do anything stupid. Jason has a great chassis here, we have known it for months but now I think alot of people will.
My BMI 007 was also unbeliveable it had people talking too. I had a great chance to make the 19 turn main but with 35 pro drivers it was soo tight an one rub on a flapper knocked you down 10 spots. There were 15 guys withing 1 second at the top from the b to the middle of the C. I was still happy with the result even though I had trouble in my main while I was leading. Thanks to Jason for the help and it was cool hanging with you this week.

You better have alot of kits in stock casue I heard alot of buzz this weekend.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 02-12-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Larry Gonrats man you drove your a$$ off. I've got 2 questions

First things first what is that copper color on the back of your body?

Second why did you run 2 different cars? just curious.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey fellas...

Jay, what can I say? Thanks for everything this week and for pointing Larry and myself to the Cyclone. The last 6 months of testing with the Cyclone have been awesome and it showed for me and Larry. Although we ran slightly different setups and tires, our cars were unreal.

As for the DB12R... It will only get better with testing. I'm not the greatest with setup on a 12th scale and this week sorta through me for a loop with the traction levels. First day we had super high bite, second day we had high bite, then back to super high bite, and so on and so on. Either way, with only 1 day prior testing on the car, I was just happy to make the A Main with the car. The main didn't exactly go the way I wanted to. I had to make changes to the car to at least try to make progress to stay with the leaders. Unfortunately, the changes I made were wrong and I ended up going straight to the back. My mistake.

And Roly... I can help with that question regarding 2 different cars...

The Cyclone is an awesome car, but it still has 1 small flaw. The diff screw. For some odd reason or another, in the higher speed classes, the screws can snap. I know that I haven't had the problem, but Larry has had it happen several times. For that reason alone, it was easy not to run the Cyclone in 19T. Heck, even Hara broke a diff screw which cost him a shot at the Modified A Main.

As for the 007, it is an awesome 19t/mod car. I hit a setup early in the week for that and we thrashed on Larry's car to get the setup changed and it worked on his car too. The Xray just seems a little easier to drive at higher speeds and it takes a pounding too. And, of course, Jason makes a chassis for the 007, so it was a no brainer.

Now, with that being said, I know my mind set was to have 2 cars separate for classes as I didn't want my stock car being a 19t car. A good stock car isn't necessarily a good 19t car. That depends on the layout though and the driver. Neither me nor Larry attempted to run our Cyclones in 19T nor tried running the 007 in stock. I guess we will never know if running the Cyclone in 19t would have helped.

Anyway, Congrats to Larry for his win. SHAKE AND BAKE!

Congrats to Mr. Breiner on his Championship.

BMI Products are where it's at!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Thanks for the 411 shreff.

Hey you drove the wheels off that BMI Cyclone in the main. In my opinion you where the fastest in that race, but Larry just didn't make a mistake.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Thanks for the 411 shreff.

Hey you drove the wheels off that BMI Cyclone in the main. In my opinion you where the fastest in that race, but Larry just didn't make a mistake.
Don't remind me Roly.

Mo and I got to racing pretty hard and it let Larry through. It was like Australian V8 Touring cars door slapping and all. It was a crazy 5 minute race. Either way, the BMI Cyclone was awesome.

Even Hara copied some of my setup, which was awesome. His car was out to lunch until Paul Ciccarello suggested Hara check my car out. Hara didn't copy my car exactly, but used some of the setup, which had him go from 10.3s and 4s in 19T directly to 9.9s.

For the most part, Larry and I ran the same setup. I think the only real difference was front springs and tires. Both cars were equally fast.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by schreff
(snip) I guess we will never know if running the Cyclone in 19t would have helped. (snip)
BMI Products are where it's at!

O.. O.... O..... I know the answer to this one!!!!!!!!!!!

it was better. I ran it in the 19T main for the first time and it was as good as my xray that was worked on all week. granted.... i had issues in 19T, i could still tell that with one or two practice runs it would have been better by far.

congrats to the entire BMI team.... and specificlly to larry on the win, schreff on the TQ, and JB on the success of his products and the first (of hopefully many) championship for BMI.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jason, You got PM
Old 02-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Don't remind me Roly.

Mo and I got to racing pretty hard and it let Larry through. It was like Australian V8 Touring cars door slapping and all. It was a crazy 5 minute race. Either way, the BMI Cyclone was awesome.

Even Hara copied some of my setup, which was awesome. His car was out to lunch until Paul Ciccarello suggested Hara check my car out. Hara didn't copy my car exactly, but used some of the setup, which had him go from 10.3s and 4s in 19T directly to 9.9s.

For the most part, Larry and I ran the same setup. I think the only real difference was front springs and tires. Both cars were equally fast.

Great run ! How about posting your setup ? Looking for that unfair advantage....
Thanks.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag88
Great run ! How about posting your setup ? Looking for that unfair advantage....
Thanks.
Here we go...
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-cyclone_2_11_2007_snowbirds.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.