Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if you want an rdx get one,if you want a fk05 get one.they are both 2 nice cars a little different in design.turning a quick buck is not what i do.i obviously do not do this for the money or otherwise i would be charging what the competitors do.as for the price,200 bucks,that is way off.try 300-350 with what i would need to do to do what you ask for.do you want it now?you obviously do not realize what is involved in doing these chassis kits.i do not make cheap copies of other chassis,i simply enhance an existing good design.on most kits i change alot,the fk05 i just didnt need to completely change the layout of the car.no need to take it so personally.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: no problem...

Personally, I think it is in bad tatse to even question what you obviously do not know enough about. Jason re-engineers each and every aspect of each project he produces ( Battery placement, Chamfers, pockets, chassis thickness, topdeck design, materials,shocktower design, camber link placement. Rollcenter adjustments ). His attention to detail is second to none in this industry. His parts are good enough that professional Factory Team drivers ask for them. Besides those facts, Jason is a super nice guy, and bends over backwards for his customers.

Originally posted by RCknight
Yea, a guy would have to put a little effort into it. It's not a quick, easy, buck, as copying a chassis and changing the upper deck some. New bulkheads would make most of the changes I talked about, other than the upper deck. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make some sort of steering device. I'm just bringing up a product idea. I think a customer could buy the conversion kit around $170- $200 and have $200 left over for diffs, bearings, arms, wheel hubs, cvds and wheel hexes. Never priced it all, but it could be cheaper. I just wish someone would gather all the good points about each chassis design and make a super kit. I guess I'll have to go to schpool for auto CAD, start my own business and make it myself. Yea it's work, but I don't think taking a good design and making it better is so bad. I can swallow my pride and laugh my way to the bank.
Anyway, just a thought, its your business and I'm just tring to help.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default No punt intended here....

I'm just not sure how those changes I talked about would be difficult compared to the all aluminum NTC3 chassis project you once did. I understand that BMI makes chassis for Corally USA and that you wouldn't want to upset them by making a similar products. It's just disappointing to me, the consumer, who wants all the great features in one car. I have a product vision, but I don't have the know how and $$$ to accomplish it. What is a guy to do, but to convince you. I do understand the time and effort that goes into these models. I'm assuming BMI has the tools and know how to accomplish this task. A task much easier in comparison to starting a kit from scratch. Just my two cents in discussion.

Last edited by RCknight; 05-12-2005 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cmon guys...he was just "tring to help" Maybe he should have been "trying to help" Just shows to go ya. lol
Old 05-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tim - Couldn't have said it better myself. Big props go out to Jason for what he does for the RC industry. You guys need to lay off him and stop criticizing him...ya never know, someday BMI might just go away and then who would you get conversion chassis from?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Flaming me for a product idea or imput....

Old 05-12-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

No we're not, but you have to realize that not everything is possible when designing a conversion. It's a totally different story if you're building your own car, but Jason does not have the time or effort to put into that project. He has his own machine shop business that demands 100% of his time, RC is only done in his spare time.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: no problem...

Yea, a guy would have to put a little effort into it. It's not a quick, easy, buck, as copying a chassis and changing the upper deck some. ......... I guess I'll have to go to schpool for auto CAD, start my own business and make it myself. Yea it's work, but I don't think taking a good design and making it better is so bad. I can swallow my pride and laugh my way to the bank.
Anyway, just a thought, its your business and I'm just tring to help.

I think suggestions are great ( I know Jason does), but comments like this are a little off base when spoken in the same "Post/Thread" as Jason's/BMI's name.

We all can take a step back, and just say... cool ideas.

Last edited by TimPotter; 05-12-2005 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default I understand...

a part-time gig. I just wish I could do it. I guess I can dream. Also, where do you see Jason's name in my, well, my paragraph?

Last edited by RCknight; 05-12-2005 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by John Fontaine
No we're not, but you have to realize that not everything is possible when designing a conversion. It's a totally different story if you're building your own car, but Jason does not have the time or effort to put into that project. He has his own machine shop business that demands 100% of his time, RC is only done in his spare time.
my thoughts exactly, imagine if he had the time to dedicate all his energy towards toy car racing, and had the kind of money behind him like losi or tamiya, wow!!! talk about owning the rc world!!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I understand...

Also, where do you see Jason's name in my, well, my paragraph?
Here:
Originally posted by RCknight Jason to be honest, why would you pay another $100-140 for a chassis that is not much different than the stock one. Personally, I would rather see a mix between a RDX and a Xray05.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: I understand...

Semantics... c'mon... changed the post for your benefit :>

a part-time gig. I just wish I could do it. I guess I can dream. Also, where do you see Jason's name in my, well, my paragraph?

Now lets get back to our regularly schedule program....
Old 05-12-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yea... Hey Jason how's racing goin?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Regional Moderator

So when is that FK'05 going to be done.

One race day on my FK'05 and I'm already tired of taping.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Under- I am with you on that....lol One of the main reasons I got rid of my pro 4 was the darn tape issue....lol Got spoiled by the drop in and race G+....

How are you liking the new FK?

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.