Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Very nice showing Ray. Keep it up all summer and it will click. You are there now and just don't know it Congrats and good luck tomorrow.

Jason,

All I can do is watch the front door. Waiting on that package to arrive
Old 03-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
Nexus the motor mount on the BMI is like the HPI Pro4 one or the Barracuda one but the end cut off so you can slide the motor out the side with the screws still in...hope this helps
also like the Xray or Schumacher
Old 03-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

its coming buddy,i will ship it on tuesday
Old 03-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RBLove
Very nice showing Ray. Keep it up all summer and it will click. You are there now and just don't know it Congrats and good luck tomorrow.

Jason,

All I can do is watch the front door. Waiting on that package to arrive
Wow-Rob-thats so nice of you to say that.

I am tired!! I am gonna surf a little longer than yaaawwnn-going to bed.

BTW_Jason-the etc3 is handling like a dream. The bite is through the roof and my cars being driven HARD and it has not so much as lifted a wheel for a traction roll-knock on wood. Maybe next year I can put it 20 positions higher. One of my close buddies is struggling so badly with the Tub chassis-so no matter if there is a TC4-they will probably till have problems warping.

Ray
Old 03-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Lord

sweet ray,im glad its working good for ya.good luck tommorow buddy and get some sleep.you have to be hammered by now.nice run buddy.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ray, Now all you have to do is win your main for the 5 bonus points!!
25th in 12th scale wtg. Good luck tomorrow.

PS. We're the colors bright enough??
Old 03-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

lynn-the bodies are amazing!! Luckily I didnt bash them up too bad so i am still running the same bodies in the Mains. Shane got his Parma body too. 12th scale-well-thats a bummer too. I could have been in the B-but I didnt do it. Rev4 is dialed too. But-I am happy with 25th!!

Ray
Old 03-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi,

Ray:

good run at the Nats glad you liked to chassis and yes they do work well on high bite tracks.

RB Love:

hope everything alright. sorry you missed the Nats. please let us know how things go well.

Jason:

good luck playing on Sunday. I get to work Jason's(mine)looking into indoor karting/Red Bull he is able to run as he has a season of outdoors now. gee, another 6 hour drive every weekend I don't have to work.

Lynn:

those bodies look nice......... to bad we can't paint the pods/nose piece on the kart. you'd be real busy.

well gotta go I have a kart calling me

Thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i did not get to read through all of the pages but on the firsdt few it said the silver aluminuk kit is 99 bucks... is this still the price for the kit or has it gone uop.... i am looking for this kit but in the 100 dollar range and in silver not blue... with ablack grafite.. thanks please let me know the price still...

i cant afford a ton i would even be interested in a used one if anyone has one or one of the old prototypes u will never use again.. thanks
Old 03-28-2004, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Burbs here are the prices
http://www.bmiracing.com/products.htm
Old 03-28-2004, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

do i have to do any prep work to chassis
such sand the edges and super glue thm and chamfer the battery slots?
Old 03-28-2004, 05:00 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

All you need to do is glue the chassis. The battery slots are already chamfored for you you. This chassis requires the least amount of work of any graphite chassis I have ever had.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Lord

i do all the work for you at the factory.all you need top do is glue the edges.i champhered all the battery slots for you and champhered all the sharp edges and pockets.
as for looking for a deal on a chassis kit,i have a kit in titanium with a small defect in the material.it is a cosmetic defect and is almost impossible to see unless you look for it.it is a .005 deep indent in the material located at the absolute rear underside of the chassis plate.it does not affect the performance in any way but due to my high quality standards,i can not sell it at normal price.it normally runs for 119.99,i will let it go for 99.99.i only have one.let me know.its the titanium colored one in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-both-kits.jpg  
Old 03-28-2004, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well we ran the TC3 Oval car for the first time last night at Sandhills. the first couple of runs we have a quad mag 19 turn in at 12 degrees of timing. We geared it at a 98/55 and the car was smokin'.

We messed with alot of springs and swaybars to try to get it hooked up, but tires selection was getting the best of us. We had Double Pinks on the rear, Purple on the LF, and a PurpleOrange on the RF. We had a lot of trouble getting the rear to just hook up. Next week at the ARCOR Open we will have a much better tire selection.

This is what we had for springs
:
35.0lb spring on the RF
12.0lb spring on the LF
25.0lb spring on the LR
14.5lb spring on the RR

.078 swaybar front
.063 swaybar rear

This setup made the car very drivable but we were scrubbing way too much speed through the corners. We will have some "Banked Tires" for next week.

RF Triple Blue
LF Silver
RR Black
LR White

This tire set up should plant the rear and allow us to run a softer RF/LR spring. With the big "rock" spring we had on the RF the car seemed to hop a bit down the straightaway. With the right tires we can chage the spring rates and eliminate the hop.

Hey Jason,

Did you get the rear body mount done?
Old 03-28-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-tc3-oval-050.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.