Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Do you guys think anyone will be able to tell what car I drive by looking at my controller?
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-bmi-1.jpg  
Old 03-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

other side
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-bmi-2.jpg  
Old 03-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow SpeediePHATT with all them pretty modifications your making to your car and controller in the pics you post i hope you can drive that car half as fast as it all looks
Old 03-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: F-block

Originally posted by acyrier
I had the same problem. I didn't end up doing the mod. I would have had to grind away enough material I was afraid the hinge pin would show...or be very thin in that area.
Hey Guys,

I had the same problem with the "F" block even after a good buddy did the mod on my Diff case, so the best way to fix it was to slightly grind approximately 1mm from the nitro steering rack where the ball end screws in so that it was recessed. I also used Schumacher ball ends and the problem was solved.

Mike
Old 03-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by brokomo ho
Wow SpeediePHATT with all them pretty modifications your making to your car and controller in the pics you post i hope you can drive that car half as fast as it all looks
Thanks for the compliment the car is as fast as it looks, and the driver keeps getting faster as well. Its been a real good rookie year with a TC. Im looking forward to carrying all of that experience into the nitro season this summer with my BMI NTC3.

Last edited by Speedie; 03-14-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

oh...my.....goodness

i haven't tried the ntc3 steering yet...maybe soon enough i will
Old 03-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

" some changes
Can you guy briefly describe some of the changes existent in the BMI chassis that makes it better than a graphite TC3 chassis?"

1. The chasiis will not be tweaked from heat after a couple months

2. More consistent race to race for the above reasons. Also won't get weird on you as the chassis heats up DURINg the race.

3. No need to mill chassis for battery placement, optional steering rack, etc,

4. Pimpy fashion plate looks get all the props at the track.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

The main advantage I got from switching over to the BMI chassis is in the middle of the corner. The car actually turns now. With the stock tub I had to throw the car in the corner pretty hard to get it to load the front tires enough to bite. Now the car is smooth and carries alot more speed through the middle not scrubbing it off trying to get the car to turn. Have had to learn how to drive over again, but at least its learning to drive fast this time.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Man, I saw that chassis this weekend and that thing is awesome. I was told that BMI also has an aqua color. I check the web site and they say on red, blue and black right now. Does anyone have any pics of it( aqua)? I would like a green one if they have it.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastasu2
Man, I saw that chassis this weekend and that thing is awesome. I was told that BMI also has an aqua color. I check the web site and they say on red, blue and black right now. Does anyone have any pics of it( aqua)? I would like a green one if they have it.
i know they make the Xray chassis in aqua so im sure the tc3 comes in it...there are pics of it in this thread somewhere if you want green, you can e-mail Jason the owner of BMI and im sure he would help you out, but you might have to pay for the sheet of carbon fiber as w ell since it isn't a normally stocked color... just e-mail him and ask
Old 03-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey SpeediePHATT I just took a look at your website and saw your stats for your racing how come there isnt any first place wins in there besides B and C mains? im from oshkosh and dont normally travel far to race is road rage a bigger track then here? u seem to know everything about r/c are you sponsored by associated or bmi or anyone? maybe you could help me with my TC3 if i came up there to race? who are the other fast drivers from there maybe i know them .did u ever go to any larger races? i plan on going to some next year.I have been to some of the big races but just to watch.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

brokomo the track is about three to four of the oshkosh one in size....come up here ill dial your tc3 in for you ive been helping a youngin here i think im helping a touch
Old 03-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Speedie as far as spur gear size i believe low 100's teeth are the largest for 64 pitch
Old 03-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks R/C Anonymous.I appreciate the offer for that .That really nice that your helping the younger racers like me .If you can help me dial my car that would be awesome.. I been to your website
and it really nice.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

brokomo i sent you my tc3 setup for carpet in PM....set it up like that and when you come up here we can go from there...oh yea i forgot to add im using takeoff 27 premounted tires....if your using sorex 28 or lower the grip is much higher...but anyways we'll get ya dialed in one way or another

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.