Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with that, the 3mm is awesome for carpet. My BMI 3mm is a tad bit heavy though, it needs some cutouts where the eletronics go to shave some weight but to keep up the strength. Did yours have any of this area cut out?

Here's the bottom of my xray w/bmi chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Fukuyama Batteries-jfbmixray3.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Hiya John.
How was the race?
Heard that you had a flammable experience.
Wats up man?
Fukuyama not only help you out punch the competition, but also out flamed them.

Told you to take it easy ...
Just j/k anyway
Old 06-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

LOL yeah. My car caught fire last year after a qualifier. I placed it on a piece of foam (actually a trinity motor stand piece of foam) and went out next qual to race my serpent. Well, the hot cells and motors caught the foam support on fire and my car went up in a blaze. Nothing damaged, except for the chassis. It was a pretty memorable race day.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Default Big Thanks!

Thanks for the great prizes Fukuyama at our Summer Slam Race this sunday!

We thank you for your support!

John G.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dan, how do the numbers look for your latest batch of cells?

Rob
Old 06-10-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default Discharge at 35amp

Now that SMC is doing the 35amp discharge what do you think about that? are you going to do the same? because SMC have been doing this for a while now with good result's.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

I think I remember Dan telling me that he tested cells at 35 amps before. He said there wasn't any performance gains I believe. I'll let him comment on that though.

Thanks,
John
Old 06-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Regarding 35 amp discharge

I guess I should step in and give you guys some of our testing results....................

First, I'd like to say that these are solely based on our findings and is our own conclusion of what the process does and does not. For those who are wondering why we haven't gone with the 35 amp discharge, there are other reasons that we are considering and may or may not go with this route in the future. Since our testings have started last year before the Snowbirds, we've had some pretty thorough testings on the GP cells from low range to HV (high voltage) range cells. These were also done alongside with our CET 4 machine and hooked up with an HP Scope for geniune readings. Please understand since we want to be Politically Correct, we are not going to name other matchers and how good/bad the process is. Just a more textbook type of research from Fukuyama Racing for the time being.

1. If I'm correct, the only way to obtain 35 amp discharge on the CE Turbomatchers, it requires the newer generation of matchers from CE. Those are exactly what we have been using since most if not all of our matchers were purchased brand new last year while our older ones was sold to other parts of Asian. Some would have a discharge cap of only 30 amps. While the newer generation can be adjusted to higher discharge rates.

2. While last year, we've also been cycling and testing all team packs at 35 amp discharge. Some of the packs also brought our drivers like Chris Tosolini, Rob Love, and other known drivers in the main each and every time. This to say that discharging at 35 amps is better is untrue. Although it does weed out the weaker cells, it is sometimes not reading what we've expected. This is because some cells will never see 35 amp of discharge while some might see more depending on the racing formats and motors. For a cell to withstand 35 amps, it isn't hard at all. Most if not all new GP cells will easily meet or exceed 35 amps of discharge with only a few venting due to the amp draws. So again, it is only a minimal benefit.

3. With that said, cells discharged at 35 amps will have a lower runtime number and voltage. For stock racing, this has no performance gain that we can justify. For mod racing on the other hand, it will allow you to see a truer runtime since the discharged amp is at 35. But will this be beneficial? Not really at the moment. Simply because if you take a cell that is rated at 430 runtime at 30 amps, you'll see 350 runtime at 35 amps. Now, if that same cells goes back to 30 amps discharge, it'll read 430 again. So to us, it's more of a numbers game with some new marketing strategy rather then improving any performance gain per cell. Again, please understand this is our testing results and what we've found so far in the last year and is NOT talking about why others are doing this. Also, the fact that since GP cells can handle even 40 amp discharges, why not go with 40 amps instead??? Well, not all application requires that. With stock classes and other non-mod classes still dominating the market, those will not see the runtime being an issue nor having any benefit in gaining any performance regardless if it's matched at 30 amps, 32 amps, 35, amps, 37 amps or even 40 amps. I'd say, to us, we're sticking with 30 amps discharge for now...

Lastly, will we sell more packs if we went with 35 amps? or even 40 amps discharge? I won't bet on that. IMO.

Hope you guys find this useful. We at Fukuyama Racing are always testing new methods as well as ways to improve on Performance. There are times when one batch is better the others and treating the cells requires a slightly different method from time to time. But so far, we've considered ourselves doing a decent job and willing to bet it'll only get better as we go.. Good luck on your decision and thanks for your support.

Dan
P.S. like what Jimmy always say "Happy Racing".
Old 06-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good to see you posting again, Dan.

I'm going to call to order some cells soon - need some "oomph" for the TCS race in Memphis in July.

414M2 powered!!!!!!

(ahem... sorry. )

Rob
Old 06-10-2004, 01:48 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi Dan YGPM
Old 06-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Daniel,

Nice post bro. On track performance tells all and Fukuyama Racing is right on point. Stock or mod. You have the rip and run time to win races. I have ran batteries from a number of different company's over the years and I have yet to find any that compare.......

Anyone considering the Fukuyama brand............... Know they come "HIGHLY" recommended.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with Rob 100%. Fukuyama cells can give you the power to do amazing things. The motors are top notch too! Thanks for sharing your findings with the racers. We all appreaciate the feedback. Fukuyama is a leader, not a follower, in the cell matching business. Big props to you for all your hard work and long hours bringing the racers the very best that you can provide!

That being said, we gotta go racing together soon!
I love being part of the Fukuyama family.

John
Old 06-11-2004, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Well Dan you said it all and I agree with what you said about your
finding, and there's no dispute on your batteries they are the best
on the market so keep up the hard work and thank you for the info.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Very nicely put Dan, & i understood all the info you typed in, not to technical & not to confusing
Old 06-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yup very well said, Hey Dan, my packs will be on their way in probly mid july or so for checking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.