Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I posted a couple of weeks back that the Fukuyama packs i got were not all that special and was then told by Dan that they need a couple of cycles to get their top performence. I didn't realy believe that so i rellegated the packs to practise packs.

This post is to confirm that, much to my surprice, the packs have come to life at the 4th charge! So if any of you think that the packs you got from Fukuyama are not up to par, give them a few charges. I think you'll be amazed!

So to the Fukuyama guys, sorry to have been a bit negative in the past and keep up the good work.

Regards
Roy
Old 04-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Glad you're happy with the packs and thanks for posting your findings.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so how many fukuyama drivers besides myself got into the Reedy race?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Myself, Randy Castor, Jason Ertracor (sp?) Mark Franco, Howard Hudson, Can't remember who else off the top of my head. Tos and Newman are in Invitational. Dan said he thought all our guys from Cali made it.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

when you first biuld the battery do you have to cycle them first or just start charging at 6 amps
Old 04-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

I usually build it and run it. Usually the first couple runs I'll make sure are practice runs because of what Hardriven RC had mentioned. The packs seem to feel a little soft at first. But If you want to jump right into racing them, Maybe cycle them a couple times first. Just don't do it two cycles in a row. Give them a couple days between cycles to rest. With the older cells I always would run them twice in a day because the second run would feel better. But I've noticed with the new cells, I don't see that. They're not worse the second time around but there's no improvement on the track that I've noticed. So I just run each pack once and let it rest until the next week. I don't cycle during the week at all.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just ordered a pair of 1.17+'s from Speedtech! I can't wait to try these new cells out. My current top cells are some used SMC 1.179s and 1.178 Pro Matches that I bought used from a person on the board. I'm hoping that these new Fukuyama batteries will rock my current a main packs since they're the newest cells (my used ones had about 7-8months of use according to the seller), and since they're Fukuama's! Considering how well my 1.158 Fukuyama's go for their stick rating I bet these 1.17+s will be through the roof!
Old 04-12-2004, 09:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Hi,

I posted a couple of weeks back that the Fukuyama packs i got were not all that special and was then told by Dan that they need a couple of cycles to get their top performence. I didn't realy believe that so i rellegated the packs to practise packs.

This post is to confirm that, much to my surprice, the packs have come to life at the 4th charge! So if any of you think that the packs you got from Fukuyama are not up to par, give them a few charges. I think you'll be amazed!

So to the Fukuyama guys, sorry to have been a bit negative in the past and keep up the good work.

Regards
Roy
Roy,

No problem...glad to hear they came alive!
Old 04-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hardriven RC

Regards
Roy
Roy.
Welcome to the club.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Hi

I will also join the club ! I am really pleased with Fukuyama batteries, they really waked up after 4-5 charges. Great batteries with good and long lasting punch, that I need in Stock racing.

But, I wonder how do I best take care of these good batteries ? The indoor seasen are now finished, and I will not race outdoor before a couple of months I think. What shall I do to keep them good ? ( I do not want to solder the cells apart )

Thanks

Old 04-13-2004, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Tor Erik
Hi

I will also join the club ! I am really pleased with Fukuyama batteries, they really waked up after 4-5 charges. Great batteries with good and long lasting punch, that I need in Stock racing.

But, I wonder how do I best take care of these good batteries ? The indoor seasen are now finished, and I will not race outdoor before a couple of months I think. What shall I do to keep them good ? ( I do not want to solder the cells apart )

Thanks

Tor.
Discharge the cells down to 5.4v/pack or 0.9v/cell on a tray.
Then store it away.
FUKUYAMA cells can be stored without any charge in them.
The next time you plan on using them, charge them up and your on. But it needs a cyle or 2 to WAKE them up if you store it for too long.
Check out FUKUYAMA to read more about storing and charging your cells.
Hope it helps
Old 04-13-2004, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad you guys continue to Out punch your competition. Keep it up guys. We're happy to have loyal customers such as you guys.

John
Old 04-13-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, I just ordered my first 3 packs of Fukus after hearing so much good stuff about them cant wait for them to arrive!

Are you guys charging at 6 amps then, and have you had any good/bad results at charging at higher rates? I charge my current 3300s at 7 amps and repeak at 7.5... no problem with heat (its cold in the UK) or runtime (running 19 turn) but I wondered if the same could be recomended for Fukus.

Maj Teeth you have PM
Old 04-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I charge at 6 or 6.5 amps for stock with a peak detect of .04 or .05. Mod, I charge at 5 amps. Peak temperature depends on your cutoff. If they're not warm enough than bring up your peak detect. I have not heard of anyone charging at 7 or 7.5 amps with fukuyama packs, but you can try it if you want.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks John,
my cutoff is .03 on my Pro-Trak at the moment, I dont have any way to measure the temp of cells after a charge, they are warm but i can comfortably hold them in my hand.
I'll stick to 6A for the first few runs and see how they feel.
Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.