Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Just a thought

Hey guys,

Just a thought since I read somewhere on another thread about Military discount. Now, I myself have been in the military for years and the pay really isn't much compared to the outside world. I was wondering, how many of you have military background?

Would you like to see a Discount applied for Military and Ex-Military? How about special shippings charges or Free shipping via Fedex to APO?

Let's see a show of hands.........

Dan
Old 04-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Dan - Just some questions.
If i were to order a min of 5 packs (maybe more) is it possible to get FREE (or maybe discount) on the shipment fees?
Old 04-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AdR|aN
Dan - Just some questions.
If i were to order a min of 5 packs (maybe more) is it possible to get FREE (or maybe discount) on the shipment fees?
It'll be hard since we ship International orders by USPS Express Mail aka EMS with insurance. Just recently, they've raised their shipping as well but still proved to be the most reliable for international shipments.

I'll have to PM you in private to work something out with you.

Dan
Old 04-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
It'll be hard since we ship International orders by USPS Express Mail aka EMS with insurance. Just recently, they've raised their shipping as well but still proved to be the most reliable for international shipments.

I'll have to PM you in private to work something out with you.

Dan

Hmmm ... me and my friends have some plans for end of the year Reedy Race at Thailand. So we were thinking of ordering some cells from you ...

So should i wait for your PM??
Old 04-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Just a thought

Hey guys,

Just a thought since I read somewhere on another thread about Military discount. Now, I myself have been in the military for years and the pay really isn't much compared to the outside world. I was wondering, how many of you have military background?

Would you like to see a Discount applied for Military and Ex-Military? How about special shippings charges or Free shipping via Fedex to APO?

Dan
I think free shiping for military would be a good idea. Anyone see the article in one of the nags about the crew in Iraq that built themselve a little off road club? I think it was in the latest issue of RC Car.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Military discounts would be awesome in my opinion. More than anything it lets them know that Fukuyama appreciates what they are doing and have done......................

I recently got some of this latest batch of cells and OH MY. MAD RIP fellas. Get them while you can. Everyone knows how the batches of cells vary case to case.....

Anybody got any big racing coming up? Not for me. A buddy is trying to talk me into going to the NORRCA Nats down at Fernando's track, but I am not so sure the wife will have it
Old 04-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Just a thought

Hey guys,

Dan
Thumbs up, Good to Go!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

I knew Neil would like that.

Rob- Hopfully I've got the Reedy Race at the end of next month along with a few others from the team.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default The Fuku Bunny was here!

Oh, the Fuku-Bunny has come early and lookie what he brung:

Old 04-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if someone from fukuyama could respond -

I have one of the rayspeed discharge trays, after just a few uses I was sold, but the directions do not say what the tray does to the batteries in conditioning mode. Clearly the equalizing mode shuts off at .90 volts, but then on the conditioning mode it keeps turning on and off by itself and takes some of the cells down well below .90 volts. What does the conditioning mode do to the batteries and when should I use that feature with my fukuyama packs?

Thanks!

racer-oZ
Old 04-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi
Do you know,why fukuyama still use the green-orange 3300 gp battery instead of the new generation (red-orange one) ?
Old 04-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dan- did u ever get my email I sent you awhile back?
Old 04-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by racer-oZ
if someone from fukuyama could respond -

I have one of the rayspeed discharge trays, after just a few uses I was sold, but the directions do not say what the tray does to the batteries in conditioning mode. Clearly the equalizing mode shuts off at .90 volts, but then on the conditioning mode it keeps turning on and off by itself and takes some of the cells down well below .90 volts. What does the conditioning mode do to the batteries and when should I use that feature with my fukuyama packs?

Thanks!

racer-oZ
In the Equalizing mode, the tray discharges at 5 amps. In the conditioning mode, it discharges at 1 amp. They do this because the 5 amp discharge brings them down quicker but you get a higher "voltage bounce." This is when the cells voltage bounces back up as soon as the loade is taken off. So after you do your 5 amp equalization, flip the switch to conditioning and do it again. It'll take a little longer but it gets the cells even more equalized. Just make sure you don't switch to the NiCD mode. That takes tem down to .1 per cell.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by black_spl
Hi
Do you know,why fukuyama still use the green-orange 3300 gp battery instead of the new generation (red-orange one) ?
Those cells are shrink wrapped like that for Orion. They are the exact same cells.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jkerr0043
In the Equalizing mode, the tray discharges at 5 amps. In the conditioning mode, it discharges at 1 amp. They do this because the 5 amp discharge brings them down quicker but you get a higher "voltage bounce." This is when the cells voltage bounces back up as soon as the loade is taken off. So after you do your 5 amp equalization, flip the switch to conditioning and do it again. It'll take a little longer but it gets the cells even more equalized. Just make sure you don't switch to the NiCD mode. That takes tem down to .1 per cell.

Hope that clears it up for you.

I have gotten myself one of the Rayspeed Discharger.
Correct me if i am wrong but i found some info on the net.

NiCD
Equalized = 5 amps to 0.9v
Conditioninig = 1 amp to 0.1v

NiMH
Equalized = 5 amps to 0.9v
Conditioning = 1 amp to 0.5v

Anyone can confirm this??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.