Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can't wait to get on the track again! Dan, good information you provided us with on runtime vs IR and voltage.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by desertracer
Just got the order from Fukuyama yesterday. Shipping was fast. Ordered on Friday and arrived my door on Tuesday. Haven't tested the cells yet. But the box is nice.

One thing I would like to point out is, the shrink wrap is a little too big for the cells. It's about 1/8 inch too wide. You know it takes more time to heat up the shrink if it's too big.

The IR values of 1.5x cells is excellent. It's comparable to some of my top notch 1.7x cells (may be those are not the real top notch cells). But 29.99 for 1.5x pack is unbeatable.
Please email me. We got the new shrink wraps in just now and they're exactly what you've asked of but better!

Dan
Old 10-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up FUKUYAMA DECALS

Guys!, just wanted you to know that our FR Fukuyama Racing decals have arrived! yeeeeeeeehawwww! anyway, please email [email protected] for your decals and will have to ship out. Thanks again for your support!
Old 10-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Dan,

Have you checked Jimmy's email?

I replied your email but you've sent it from Jimmy's account so my reply is send to Jimmy.

Check it and let me know plz.

I looking forward to test the cells in my XRAY!
Old 10-01-2003, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: FUKUYAMA DECALS

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Guys!, just wanted you to know that our FR Fukuyama Racing decals have arrived! yeeeeeeeehawwww! anyway, please email [email protected] for your decals and will have to ship out. Thanks again for your support!

decals..yaaaaahoooooooooooooo....!!!!!!!!
put me down for a sheet or two or three or four.....
Old 10-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

i second what desertracer said about the shrinkwrap. i couldnt get it to shrink totally around the cells and there were rinkles left, maybe my moms hairdryer wasnt hot enough, so its cool you got the new stuff in.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PeterCr
Hi Dan,

Have you checked Jimmy's email?

I replied your email but you've sent it from Jimmy's account so my reply is send to Jimmy.

Check it and let me know plz.

I looking forward to test the cells in my XRAY!
Hi Peter,

We've been having problems with our emails. But when I checked, I did not receive any further emails from you on Jim's computer. Can you send it to: [email protected]

Thanks
Old 10-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by lukewilson
i second what desertracer said about the shrinkwrap. i couldnt get it to shrink totally around the cells and there were rinkles left, maybe my moms hairdryer wasnt hot enough, so its cool you got the new stuff in.
Please send me an email and I shall have some new ones for you as well in the mail. Thanks
Old 10-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Shrink Wrap & Labels

I just received my first order of batteries today. Thanks for the quick service at a great price.

My question relates to the labels being mounted on the outside of the shrink wrap??? On all my other brands of cells, the label is attached to the colored manuf. wrap, then covered with a clear shrink wrap by the battery matcher.

With the Fukuyama cell that I just got, the label is mounted
over the clear shrink wrap that I assume Fukuyama put on??? Is this correct, or was a mistake made? As it stands now, it probably won't be long before the data wears off the label.

I haven't had a chance to race with the cells yet, but I'm sure that they will be as advertised.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Shrink Wrap & Labels

Originally posted by Geppetto
I just received my first order of batteries today. Thanks for the quick service at a great price.

My question relates to the labels being mounted on the outside of the shrink wrap??? On all my other brands of cells, the label is attached to the colored manuf. wrap, then covered with a clear shrink wrap by the battery matcher.

With the Fukuyama cell that I just got, the label is mounted
over the clear shrink wrap that I assume Fukuyama put on??? Is this correct, or was a mistake made? As it stands now, it probably won't be long before the data wears off the label.

I haven't had a chance to race with the cells yet, but I'm sure that they will be as advertised.
That is quite wierd. It might have been the many 16-18 hour work days the guys have been doing to get you guys great cells. Their eyes must of been bugging out and they got confused.

Daniel, send me some decals for my new body!
Old 10-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Shrink Wrap & Labels

Last edited by Maj. Teeth; 02-04-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Shrink Wrap & Labels

Last edited by Maj. Teeth; 02-04-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have stopped shrinkwrapping my cells. Sure the labels wil get damaged-but the shrink wrap traps heat in, makes cells bigger and heavier. Just use a sharpie and mark it when the label gets faded. I might shrink wrap them after a few months though as the factory shrink starts to get tears and rips in it, or wears through from rubing on the chassis and battery brace. By then the pack probably needs rematched anyways so the numbers have changed somewhat.

Ray
Old 10-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default 1/12th scale?

Hey guys... I'm looking to start racing 1/12 scale here in the next month or so I hope and am wondering if anyone has run Jimmy's stuff in this class?? I think I've read every post on here, and am hands down convinced that these are the cells I'm going to buy...I'm sure they'll be awesome, just wanted to know if anyone has run them in 4-cell mod?

Thanks!!

R
Old 10-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Another question

Since I'm starting from scratch (again! )
What charger do you guys favor??
I'm not a national caliber driver by any means, and am looking to have fun and enjoy myself, but I also want to be and stay competitive. My son will be racing with me, so was thinking about one of the chargers that supports charging two packs at a time... Ive had a really liked my Turbo 35Bl, but I think that's way overkill for what I want to do. I've got a good Powersupply, so what are your recommendations for chargers?
What are the charge rates, fall back, and discharge/storage practices on the 3300's??
I'll go back to the website and re-read, but I'm one of those people who like to get all the info I can!

Thanks guys!!!

Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.