Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks to all of the MurfDogg Team Drivers who keep the RCTECH Boards up to date for me. I just do not have time to be on 5 RC Forums all day every day, and chose RCTECH as one to leave to my racers, as we have such great company reps on here taking care of us!

That said, our latest batch of SPEC motors has been running real strong, and we have been improving our "Blinky" Mode stuff as that has been the trend in the past 18-24 months. Once we get back to racing against motors that are actually held to ROAR's rulebook, we will be a threat to be reckoned with for sure.

Some of you may not be aware of our latest release. Well, here it is!

The "OUTLAW 17.5"
We have been working on our new 17.5 Turn "OUTLAW" Spec Motor for classes and tracks that are allowing the 17.5 turn motors that are not ROAR Approved to compete. This motor is IDENTICAL to our ROAR Approved SYNERGY 17.5 Turn motor, except it has larger diameter wire than the ROAR Maximum. The wire is the same size as the D3.5 17.5 motor.

With a large number of tracks allowing these motors to compete, even after ROAR came to the conclusion that the wire diameter was larger than legal limits, we felt it was necessary to offer a similar motor. There is less chance of being competitive with a 100% ROAR Legal motor against a motor that is built with a clear advantage. Now that we have our new "OUTLAW" motor, once again, the playing field can be level. In testing, these motors have been very strong in Offroad, TC and Oval racing.

The "OUTLAW 17.5" Motor is easily identifiable to tech inspectors as they are clearly marked as "NOT ROAR LEGAL", right on the can. This makes teching this motor easy as possible.

All MurfDogg OUTLAW 17.5 Motors will come blueprinted, with rotor and stator numbers, properly shimmed, and are built with our 12.5mm ROAR SPEC Approved High Torque neodymium sintered rotor.

Available Now - Part # S-175OUT - $100 Street Price
Attached Thumbnails MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread-outla-17.5.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
Thanks to all of the MurfDogg Team Drivers who keep the RCTECH Boards up to date for me. I just do not have time to be on 5 RC Forums all day every day, and chose RCTECH as one to leave to my racers, as we have such great company reps on here taking care of us!

That said, our latest batch of SPEC motors has been running real strong, and we have been improving our "Blinky" Mode stuff as that has been the trend in the past 18-24 months. Once we get back to racing against motors that are actually held to ROAR's rulebook, we will be a threat to be reckoned with for sure.

Some of you may not be aware of our latest release. Well, here it is!

The "OUTLAW 17.5"
We have been working on our new 17.5 Turn "OUTLAW" Spec Motor for classes and tracks that are allowing the 17.5 turn motors that are not ROAR Approved to compete. This motor is IDENTICAL to our ROAR Approved SYNERGY 17.5 Turn motor, except it has larger diameter wire than the ROAR Maximum. The wire is the same size as the D3.5 17.5 motor.

With a large number of tracks allowing these motors to compete, even after ROAR came to the conclusion that the wire diameter was larger than legal limits, we felt it was necessary to offer a similar motor. There is less chance of being competitive with a 100% ROAR Legal motor against a motor that is built with a clear advantage. Now that we have our new "OUTLAW" motor, once again, the playing field can be level. In testing, these motors have been very strong in Offroad, TC and Oval racing.

The "OUTLAW 17.5" Motor is easily identifiable to tech inspectors as they are clearly marked as "NOT ROAR LEGAL", right on the can. This makes teching this motor easy as possible.

All MurfDogg OUTLAW 17.5 Motors will come blueprinted, with rotor and stator numbers, properly shimmed, and are built with our 12.5mm ROAR SPEC Approved High Torque neodymium sintered rotor.

Available Now - Part # S-175OUT - $100 Street Price
SWEET! Race one or Chase one.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

A great option for the club race days and tracks allowing the D3.5's!
Old 07-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Some real world performance of the MurfDogg Synergy 17.5 (legal version):

This was the 3rd round of qualifying from my club race from yesterday: John's 17.5 Q3 For reference, Herald ran a D3.5, Sam ran a TP (and is a former ROAR 17.5 TC champ), Manny and Arv ran D3.5's I believe, and Danny a Team Powers. Aside from outright hotlap (which were still not sure how Herald pulled off, it was 5 tenths faster than anything else he ran before ), it was consistently the fastest, particularly at the end. Overall, my average lap for the run was a 11.8 (compared to 11.5 hotlap). Racing outdoors on 140+ asphalt against national level talent, you need a motor that can take the heat & run strong the whole run, and the Synergy delivers. I could only imagine how the outlaw spec would run
Old 07-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Some real world performance of the MurfDogg Synergy 17.5 (legal version):

This was the 3rd round of qualifying from my club race from yesterday: John's 17.5 Q3 For reference, Herald ran a D3.5, Sam ran a TP (and is a former ROAR 17.5 TC champ), Manny and Arv ran D3.5's I believe, and Danny a Team Powers. Aside from outright hotlap (which were still not sure how Herald pulled off, it was 5 tenths faster than anything else he ran before ), it was consistently the fastest, particularly at the end. Overall, my average lap for the run was a 11.8 (compared to 11.5 hotlap). Racing outdoors on 140+ asphalt against national level talent, you need a motor that can take the heat & run strong the whole run, and the Synergy delivers. I could only imagine how the outlaw spec would run

Good Job Mike!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Way to go Mike! Great driving and laying down the Murfdogg Power!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anyone still running these motors?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by derbrylac
Yes, I have had great results with my 17.5 Synergy running in TC over the last couple months.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

I have been wanting to use this on my tc6.1 and was wondering about gearing for 17.5 non boosted class
Old 08-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

I have been wanting to use this on my tc6.1 and was wondering about gearing for 17.5 non boosted class
Depends on what track size your on. I pretty much always run 8* motor timing. I ran 3.78FDR for outdoors on a bigger track (150ft), and 4.0FDR for an indoor track (80ft).

**This was with the red 12.3 rotor. For the blue 12.5 I would add a tooth
Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Most definitely! Please use Mikes recommendations and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to post.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

thank you for the information. I currently am running offroad,and onroad when I can and I have had great results with the motor in my offroad chassis's so I wanted to try it out in my TC as well. I've gotta say it is very powerful motor compared to my shurspeed. what is the difference with the red and blue rotor stated above? is it just size or rpm and torque capabilities?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

thank you for the information. I currently am running offroad,and onroad when I can and I have had great results with the motor in my offroad chassis's so I wanted to try it out in my TC as well. I've gotta say it is very powerful motor compared to my shurspeed. what is the difference with the red and blue rotor stated above? is it just size or rpm and torque capabilities?
Sounds great, it should work very well in onroad. The red rotor is a newer 12.3mm HT rpm rotor, the blue is a 12.5mm HT rotor. You can advance the endbell timing to +8* with 12.3mm rotor and +10* with 12.5mm rotor.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I must admit, I ran a blue 13.5 for 2 years straight, and won our drivers series both years with the same motor, which all I did is clean and change the bearings once.

Ill be honest and say this year I have tried a couple of different motors and they lack the outright speed and robustness of "ol blue", I know there cant be much life left it her, so its put aside for special events.

ed
Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
I must admit, I ran a blue 13.5 for 2 years straight, and won our drivers series both years with the same motor, which all I did is clean and change the bearings once.

Ill be honest and say this year I have tried a couple of different motors and they lack the outright speed and robustness of "ol blue", I know there cant be much life left it her, so its put aside for special events.

ed
I had one of the original blue motors like that. One of my all time favorite motors with too many vicortories to count. Finally started running the new 2.0 motors and they are just all around faster higher torque motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.