Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
Gotta have Lasley defend it for him. Me and the other Slant EyE is going to dip in stock this time as well. So I will be running 4 classes this time.....

Steve does not have his 4wd as of yet...... But soon......
Matty, bring me a mod will ya ...............Looks like I might be doing a triple.............2wd mod, 2wd exp stk, and 2wd 19T. ......maybe.

I should be there late Saturday afternoon. Enough time to do a little practice before the track closes.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Steve,
I always bring modified motors... but I dont bring anything small...7s, 8s, 9s, and a few 10s..... pang has my missile 15, and mcdookie has my other milder mods..., but i will see what i have for ya...

It is official, The MurfDogg is finally going to run a Brushless motor!!! I just converted my X5 into a LIPO, Brushless Monster. This is only to give me more time to work on all of our team and customers motors.

The MurfDogg
Old 05-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default UpGrade-RCID

Many people have asked me where to get MurfDogg Motor Works Decals.

Upgrade/RCID has our Logo and can make MurfDogg decals for you in any size and many colors. You can have them custom make vinyl for all your cars that match and represent you and all the companies you support. They also make a TON of awesome support equipment, all of which can be customized to match your scheme.

So give them a call, or check out their forum on Here.

The MurfDogg
Old 05-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would like to say a late congrats to Hockey 85 for the sponsorship. He is an outstanding driver and representative of this hobby, ALWAYS very helpful and a blast to drive with. Jeff, I look forward to doing some onroad and offroad racing with you soon. The SB crew has been hoping to catch you out at Camarillo but alas, I am sure school and the bigger races have kept you pretty busy. Thanks for the onroad tips you gave me late last year, as I am fully enjoying running my TC5 now. Catch you later dude, and Murfdogg Motorworks; I believe you have made a wise choice when allowing Jeff to represent your company.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Just come and find me and I will get the both of you guys hooked up...

Anytime. Where in Car Action did you see his motors?
Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
I have been getting calls from alot of people about the article, I havent seen it though. I guess it is in the Cactus Classic write-up in the NEW Car Action Mag. Our very own Jeff Nicol got a write up too...at least thats what I have heard thru the grapevine.
That would be correct......the latest issue July 2008 page 147 there is a small article with BL motors pictured explaining MurphDogg Motors. I googled it and it brought me here!!! There is also another small article on Jeff Nicol with a picture of him!!!!

MurphDogg I will be in touch very soon, thank you for the contact info!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

well hot off the press! murfdogg motors taking wins at round 3 in the jbrl series at metro. great job guys! wish i could of been there to support and race. congrats to you all. BWC for life baby!!!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by b_mcduffie
:. BWC for life baby!!!!!

Yes, the Murfdogg crew had a good weekend even with challenging aspects of the track!

JBRL ROUND 4 at Metro RC, Bakersfield

Exp 2wd stock:

TQ and 1st Mike Guzman
2nd Steve Butts
4th Jayson Pang
6th Jeff Nicol

19T Buggy:

TQ and 1st Jeff Nicol
2nd Jayson Pang
3rd Steve Butts

Exp STk Truck:

TQ and 7th (broke) Nick Lasley

Mod Truck:

TQ and 1st Nick Lasley
2nd Jayson Pang

4wd Mod:

2nd Nick Lasley
3rd Jayson Pang
10th The Murfdogg!!

2wd Mod:

2nd Steve Butts

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 05-21-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

OK.........So this past weekend at Round 3 of the JBRL, I got to do some in car testing of the new Trinity Mystery motor for the Murfdogg Team. Unfortunately, the track conditions werent the best to really get the full effect of the motor, but from what I can tell so far the motor seems very promising (at least in 2wd buggy).

It is an RPM motor, so gearing started out 2 teeth below what I normally ran a CO27 based motor. I ended up going up a tooth from there. The motor felt like it had some good power throughout. Even in the 100 deg weather we had, after a 6 minute main event, the motor came off the track at around a 145 deg and never felt like it was dropping off in power. It may even still take some more gear. We'll give it another go at Revelation for Round 4. The track conditions will be better and the track a little bigger. Lets see if we can get it to stretch its legs a bit.

Overall, I liked the motor. I finished 2nd in Exp 2wd stock with it, and even ran it in 2wd MOD and finished 2nd as well

We'll keep doing some testing and let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 05-20-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

good stuff
Old 05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Well... it looks like another sucessful weekend for the Murfdogg team. Thank you Matt for providing us with awesome motors. Looks like a good chunk of the classes were won by murfdogg guys. I keep seeing more and more bright blue shirts at the track, looks like we must be doing something right
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hockey 85
Well... it looks like another sucessful weekend for the Murfdogg team. Thank you Matt for providing us with awesome motors. Looks like a good chunk of the classes were won by murfdogg guys. I keep seeing more and more bright blue shirts at the track, looks like we must be doing something right

Jeff, you looked good in the K-car!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Jeff, you looked real good in a K-Car...... Almost to good, go back to the B4.....

I just want to thank Matt for all his support of his team drivers and customers. We did turn in some good finishes for him this weekend. Even with the not-so ideal track conditions, he was on top of all our motor needs.

Stay tuned to what MurfDogg has coming up. This more to the "normal/privateer" customer then his team drivers. A few of us have been bouncing an idea for just you guys. Hopefully we will have it up and running by the Hot Rod Shootout.

I will admit, I really enjoyed announcing the 2wd Mod A-Main....
Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Jeff, you looked real good in a K-Car...... Almost to good, go back to the B4.....

I just want to thank Matt for all his support of his team drivers and customers. We did turn in some good finishes for him this weekend. Even with the not-so ideal track conditions, he was on top of all our motor needs.

Stay tuned to what MurfDogg has coming up. This more to the "normal/privateer" customer then his team drivers. A few of us have been bouncing an idea for just you guys. Hopefully we will have it up and running by the Hot Rod Shootout.

I will admit, I really enjoyed announcing the 2wd Mod A-Main....
oooh snaps! /interested

hey matt, that was hilarious to me when i was takin pics and you rolled up asking for a closeup. Good stuff.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Just a re-post of this past weekends stats in case anyone missed it above

Yes, the Murfdogg crew had a good weekend even with challenging aspects of the track!

If anyone else that runs Murfdogg motors was in an A-Main, please feel free to post up your results as well!

JBRL ROUND 4 at Metro RC, Bakersfield

Exp 2wd stock:

TQ and 1st Mike Guzman
2nd Steve Butts
4th Jayson Pang
6th Jeff Nicol

19T Buggy:

TQ and 1st Jeff Nicol
2nd Jayson Pang
3rd Steve Butts

Exp STk Truck:

TQ and 7th (broke) Nick Lasley

Mod Truck:

TQ and 1st Nick Lasley
2nd Jayson Pang

4wd Mod:

2nd Nick Lasley
3rd Jayson Pang
10th The Murfdogg!!

2wd Mod:

2nd Steve Butts

19T Truck:

1st NIck Lasley
3rd Jeff Nicol

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 05-22-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

steve,
i dont know all your drivers , but i think u guys had sum good results in the 19t truck class also..
i know
lasley 1st
jeff nicole 3rd
just to name a couple..
wait how did i get in here..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.