Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default what Murfdogg motor is it ?

HI I bought a B44 a year ago second hand from the US and it had a Murfdogg motor with a Novak GT7 ESC - My GT7 broke at the weekend and I need a replacement ESC but I'm not familiar with these motors - how can I find what type of motor I have in this car ?

Cheers
Old 06-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RC Carnewbie - Please describe the motor.

If it is black, it is either a 6.5 or 7.5 turn.
If Green, it is a 10.5. If Blue, It is a 13.5.
If red, it is a 17.5.

We have only offered these 5 winds to the public.

Matt Murphy
MurtfDogg Motor Works
Old 06-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Initiate

it's definitely black - I see if I can post a pic of it.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

It is most likely a 6.5 turn motor then. No need for a pic. I know what it looks like.

Matt
Old 06-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Initiate

It was raced at the ROAR national 2008 but by the previous owner.

Is that a brushed motor ?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Newbie - If there is 3 wires that solder onto the motor, it is a brushless motor. At the 2008 ROAR Nationals, my team did not run any brushed motors. I am near certain it is a brushless 6.5. Who did you purchase it from?

Matt
Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default MurfDogg Motors IN STOCK NOW!

MurfDogg Brushless Motors are back in stock!!!

We have a fresh batch of 10.5, 13.5, and 17.5 motors in stock and ready to ship!

Find out why they say "RACE ONE or CHASE ONE!

Our website is down, but we are working on a new, more interactive website!

Matt "The MurfDogg" Murphy
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default New Products!!!

I am proud to announce our new line of products! We are now offering more than just National Championship winning brushless motors!!!

Introducing MurfDogg Ball Bearings!!!

We will soon be offering Rubber Sealed ball bearings, Abec 5 Stainless Steel ball bearings, and Precision Ceramic Ball Bearings! Bearings will be available individually in pairs or quantities of 10, as well as complete kits for Associated, Losi, and Kyosho electric Offroad vehicles. We will also offer Ceramic Bearing sets for MurfDogg Brushless Motors! Our ceramic bearings are top quality precision ceramics, but our prices are quite reasonable!

Our Associated T4/B4 Precision Ceramic Bearing set will be priced just slightly higher than a complete set of Team Associated Rubber Sealed bearings!!!

With our precise, ultra smooth ceramic bearings teamed up with MurfDogg Brushless Power, you will have the ultimate formula for speed.

Look for MurfDogg Precision Ball Bearings in the near future.

MurfDogg - RACE ONE or CHASE ONE!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, No it only had 2 wires soldered on the motor with a Y setup btw the batteries and the ESC.

where would I find information about your new motors. Might be interested. I run mainly on grass with a B44 and GTB Esc - on our track we use mainly 6.5 or 7.5. which one of your motor would you recommend.

Cheers
Old 07-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

what up matt. hey u going to be a hrh? im going to solder that new motor in today. maybe u can give me a better setup at the track
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Murfdog balls, oh man. Haha
Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Eric - How did you like your 13.5 in the 4 wheel?

Sean - Everyone knew MurfDogg had balls, these ones are just way stronger than steel!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Domination at the HRH Offroad Shootout

MurfDogg Motor Works racing team dominated the Hot Rod Hobbies OffRoad Shootout!

Team Drivers Chris Wesson and Brent Calvert led the dominance by Tq'ing and winning all the classes they entered!

Chris TQ'ed and won both Stock Truck and Stock Buggy!

Brent TQ'ed both Super Stock Truck and Super Stock Buggy!

Brent proved that with the latest TEKIN setups from the MurfDogg himself, MurfDogg Brushless motors are the fastest around. Brent continually asked for LESS Power throughout the race weekend. In 110 Degree heat, his MurfDogg 13.5 motors constantly came off the track at 150 degrees, after 7 minutes on the track.

Chris proved that MurfDogg motors are great in all forms of racing, as he dominated using an LRP SXX speed control on PROFILE #1!!! Chris loves the smooth feel of the non timing advanced speed controls, and proved that his MurfDogg 17.5 Motors had more punch than all others as he killed everyone through the infield. Sure he gave up a few car lengths to a few of the cars with the boosted ESC's down the straightaway, but he was confident in his ability to walk away from them in the infield, where races are won and lost.

Great job guys!

Chris and Brent were both using the soon to be released MurfDogg Ceramic bearing kits for their Associated B4's and T4's, as well as in their motors. MurfDogg Silicon Nitride Diff and Thrust Balls helped provide the smoothest power delivery available with ultra slick diff action!

Also Coming Soon:
-New Motors :
Old 07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i love the new motor. real fast, with my tekin settings, but so much faster in the straight and more bottom end then my last 13.5. keep up the good work
Old 07-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Introducing the next level oF RC Brushless Motor Performance!

MurfDogg Racing is proud to announce the release of the first ever Brushless motor designed specifically for use with today's dynamic timing Electronic Speed Controls. With a design based on providing maximum torque and efficiency, these motors have unparalelled bottom end punch. However, with the efficiency of these motors, you can run the aggressive timing profiles offered by todays timing boosted ESC's.

How is this possible?

With 18 months of extensive testing, we have found the best rotor sizes, designs, and materials for maximum power, efficiency, and coolest motor temps.

Our cans have cooling holes built in to allow airflow to the stator, further reducing rotor temperature.

Our sintered Neodymium rotors have been extensively tested and we have chosen the optimum rotor size/air gap combination for our spec winds to make maximum power at the coolest operating temperatures possible.

Our spec winds are at ROAR currently for the Approval Process.

Photos will be posted soon!

Matt Murphy "The MurfDogg"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.