Search
Like Tree24Likes

Shenzhen Surpass Tech Co. Ltd

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
What rotor is in that motor?
I didn't take any notes or pictures when I took it apart, I should have! I do recall the rotor having 12.3 stamped on it though, pretty sure?

IIRC correctly there is a number stamped on the pinion bevel of the rotor, is that typically a serial or part designation number and can indicate what rotor it is?
Old 11-21-2023, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woofenstein
I didn't take any notes or pictures when I took it apart, I should have! I do recall the rotor having 12.3 stamped on it though, pretty sure?

IIRC correctly there is a number stamped on the pinion bevel of the rotor, is that typically a serial or part designation number and can indicate what rotor it is?

12.3 is the diameter and the number stamped where the pinion goes is the part number. That's the number I would like to know.
Old 11-21-2023, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I took the pinion off and I think it wore away a number, but it appears to the C78125 rotor.

It must have said 12.5 on the rotor, I was going from memory. I see that part number is the 12.5 stock spec.
Old 11-22-2023, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Shenzhen Surpass Tech Co. Ltd Its really IRC correctly there is a number stamped on the pinion bevel of the rotor, is that typically a serial or part designation number and can indicate what rotor it is?

Old 11-22-2023, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

I took the pinion off and I think it wore away a number, but it appears to the C78125 rotor.

It must have said 12.5 on the rotor, I was going from memory. I see that part number is the 12.5 stock spec.

Yup,
That is the same rotor as the one in the Stock Spec 17.5T. So far, that is the most powerful rotor I have tested. It even ousted the Certified Slot Machine.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yup,
That is the same rotor as the one in the Stock Spec 17.5T. So far, that is the most powerful rotor I have tested. It even ousted the Certified Slot Machine.
I could tell that thing was strong when I pulled it out to shim the motor. I layed it on the table close to some tools and it sucked itself toward anything metal on my work bench lol

I am doing another practice session tomorrow to get it dialed in and will report back, didn't get enough time with that car this past Wednesday to get enough of a feel for it.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

I could tell that thing was strong when I pulled it out to shim the motor. I layed it on the table close to some tools and it sucked itself toward anything metal on my work bench lol

I am doing another practice session tomorrow to get it dialed in and will report back, didn't get enough time with that car this past Wednesday to get enough of a feel for it.

LOL...
I hated shimming that motor. Every time I pulled that rotor out, was a pain. A couple times, I used pliers because my fingers were getting sore. Especially when you're trying to line up the rear shaft with the end bell bearing and I'm doing this to 4 other motors. Check out WMH Racing. They have a motor servie tray that comes with a rotor removal sleeve. It's my new favorite tool when taking these motors apart.
woofenstein likes this.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone using these in a pan car? If so what kind of timing and rollout are you using? Are you using the 12.3 rotor instead of the 12.5?
Old 02-19-2024, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

I am not sure if they were used in pan cars, but I know they some guys who use them in on road racing. They are using the 12.5 rotors and putting larger pinions and/or smaller spurs gears on them.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wonder if anyone will be running one this weekend at the Awesomatix race? I have yet to see one in onroad locally.

OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

I am not sure if they were used in pan cars, but I know they some guys who use them in on road racing. They are using the 12.5 rotors and putting larger pinions and/or smaller spurs gears on them.
Guess I'm the only one!
Happy to report I am keeping up with a comparable driver with the same car and a new Zombie EVO2
Old 02-20-2024, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VanBee
Guess I'm the only one!
Happy to report I am keeping up with a comparable driver with the same car and a new Zombie EVO2

That's what I was told. The Surpass V6 motors are keeping up with motor that are twice as much. Of course, the actual retail price of a V6 is $110.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:03 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Guess I'm the only one!
Did you gear taller or similar to the Zombie? My observations from local tracks has been the Zombie seems very rpm oriented, and other notes here suggest the V6 is more torquey.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PDR
Did you gear taller or similar to the Zombie? My observations from local tracks has been the Zombie seems very rpm oriented, and other notes here suggest the V6 is more torquey.
Definitely taller by a couple of teeth. We are running on a smaller track with only 60' of straight away but speed was similar coming out of the corner and then I had more about 3/4 of the way down. Hard to say on such a small track.
Isaac, PDR and OffRoadJunkie like this.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Definitely taller by a couple of teeth. We are running on a smaller track with only 60' of straight away but speed was similar coming out of the corner and then I had more about 3/4 of the way down. Hard to say on such a small track.

The biggest thing I would like to know is, what are the temps of each motor after a run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.