Search
Like Tree24Likes

Shenzhen Surpass Tech Co. Ltd

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Shenzhen Surpass Tech Co. Ltd

It's good to hear that the Surpass V6 motors are now ROAR approved. ROAR also shows these motors as having some of the lower IR's. These are also known to have some of the strongest rotors.

ROAR Racing
Old 10-29-2023, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

What are the differences between the lightwt and std version, specs?
Old 10-29-2023, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Wow, Surpass certainly got lucky with the timing on this! I just bought a V6 17.5 on ebay for the upcoming carpet indoor season this winter. At $74 the price was certainly right, and so far they sound like strong motors. Can't wait to get mine and put in it my car - it will be replacing a very old Fantom V2R I've been running so pretty much any modern motor will be an improvement for me.

From what I understand the difference between the V6 (standard) and the V6M (lightweight) is the stator. The V6 has a bigger stator. The motor will be a little heavier but should be able to generate a stronger magnetic field which would result in more torque.
fat500 likes this.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
Wow, Surpass certainly got lucky with the timing on this! I just bought a V6 17.5 on ebay for the upcoming carpet indoor season this winter. At $74 the price was certainly right, and so far they sound like strong motors. Can't wait to get mine and put in it my car - it will be replacing a very old Fantom V2R I've been running so pretty much any modern motor will be an improvement for me.

From what I understand the difference between the V6 (standard) and the V6M (lightweight) is the stator. The V6 has a bigger stator. The motor will be a little heavier but should be able to generate a stronger magnetic field which would result in more torque.
The new V6 is a pretty strong contender. The difference between the Stock Spec and Light weight is the rotor and stator. On the LW, the stator is smaller and the rotor is not as strong. This will give it a little more RPMs. The SS has more torque, so you should be able to slap an extra tooth on the pinion. This will give you the RPM to match the LW.
fat500 likes this.
Old 11-05-2023, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

I got my V6 17.5 in the mail yesterday morning and was able to get it installed and take it to an open practice day at the local track near me. It is replacing a Fantom V2R in my TLR 22 5.0 DCE set up for carpet.

The track is a really small carpet track. Lap times are in the 10 to 11 second range. Using the same gearing as the V2R, the V6 felt really punchy and about as fast as I remember the V2R feeling. However, the V6 was drastically undergeared to the point the ESC overheated and thermalled while the motor was barely above ambient - about 40°F cooler than the V2R. I needed a smaller spur and some bigger pinions which I didn't have on me.

Overall, even being undergeared to the point the ESC thermalled, the motor felt fast and I was hitting lap times that were right up there with the other 17.5 buggies. I have a feeling this motor will be a really strong performer once I get it geared properly. Pretty pleased with it for being a $74 motor.

As for timing, it came factory set somewhere around 35° but I cranked it to 50° for testing.
Old 11-06-2023, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

The only problem I have seen with the Surpass V6, is the timing readings on the end bell. I have seen them as much as 4-5 degrees off.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
The only problem I have seen with the Surpass V6, is the timing readings on the end bell. I have seen them as much as 4-5 degrees off.
Do you mean the endbell value is off compared to an analyser reading? If so, 4-5 degrees is a small variation compared to other motors. It's common for endbell values to not match the analyser since the magnetic field distorts as it runs.
simple likes this.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Do you mean the endbell value is off compared to an analyser reading? If so, 4-5 degrees is a small variation compared to other motors. It's common for endbell values to not match the analyser since the magnetic field distorts as it runs.

That is correct. The analyzer will read 40* but the endbell will read 35*. Only one or two motors, I have tested, were withing 1 degree. The others were withing 2-3 degrees. The Surpass Lightweight was off the most.
Old 11-11-2023, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

I ran my Surpass Rocket V6 17.5 stock motor last night for the first time with the proper gearing in my TLR 22 5.0 DCE. The track is a slightly bigger carpet track with lap times in the ~15s range. I started the night running 33/69 and the motor was coming off the track at 105°F. I went up to 34/69 in practice and liked that better for the track, and the motor was still only reaching about 120°F. It's a torquey motor for sure - for comparison the Fantom I replaced was geared at 32/72 and the other TLR guys at the track were running X-Factors geared around 28/72.

It's way faster than my old Fantom V2R and at no point did I think anybody else on the track had a motor advantage over me. In fact I think it might have been one of the faster motors on the track that night.

TL/DR - Fast motor, runs cool, gear it higher than you're used to, INSANE VALUE FOR MONEY at $74 on ebay.

Old 11-11-2023, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
I ran my Surpass Rocket V6 17.5 stock motor last night for the first time with the proper gearing in my TLR 22 5.0 DCE. The track is a slightly bigger carpet track with lap times in the ~15s range. I started the night running 33/69 and the motor was coming off the track at 105°F. I went up to 34/69 in practice and liked that better for the track, and the motor was still only reaching about 120°F. It's a torquey motor for sure - for comparison the Fantom I replaced was geared at 32/72 and the other TLR guys at the track were running X-Factors geared around 28/72.

It's way faster than my old Fantom V2R and at no point did I think anybody else on the track had a motor advantage over me. In fact I think it might have been one of the faster motors on the track that night.

TL/DR - Fast motor, runs cool, gear it higher than you're used to, INSANE VALUE FOR MONEY at $74 on ebay.

I have sold over a dozen of those motors. Every racer is saying the same thing. These are beating out certified motors. I believe it is going to be the standard motor to beat now.
woofenstein likes this.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just picked up a Rocket V6 21.5T on Ebay to replace an R1 that was no longer running to factory specs (couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with it either) I was running, can't wait to see how this puppy performs!

I ran some analyzer tests on my 17.5T motors last night and the Rocket V5 beat them all. I can tell just from spinning the rotor that these things are torquey, which is important to me because I run on a mixed track that is mostly technical with one long straightaway and sweeper, so I need to be able to pull through the infield and then "Rocket" (hehe) through that section. I can tell in my races that I don't have the motor that a lot of guys have, and I'm still only about .2 or .3 off the average lap times of the top guys in my sportsman class (USGT and TC 21.5) so hopefully this can help me close the gap.

Should have the motor early next week, I will report back!
OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 11-15-2023, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woofenstein
Just picked up a Rocket V6 21.5T on Ebay to replace an R1 that was no longer running to factory specs (couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with it either) I was running, can't wait to see how this puppy performs!

I ran some analyzer tests on my 17.5T motors last night and the Rocket V5 beat them all. I can tell just from spinning the rotor that these things are torquey, which is important to me because I run on a mixed track that is mostly technical with one long straightaway and sweeper, so I need to be able to pull through the infield and then "Rocket" (hehe) through that section. I can tell in my races that I don't have the motor that a lot of guys have, and I'm still only about .2 or .3 off the average lap times of the top guys in my sportsman class (USGT and TC 21.5) so hopefully this can help me close the gap.

Should have the motor early next week, I will report back!
what track are you racing at?
Old 11-15-2023, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by STLNLST
what track are you racing at?
Cal Raceway in Orange, CA.
Old 11-21-2023, 12:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just got the V6 21.5t in the mail and put in on the analyzer. I can tell (or at least hope) this thing is gonna be smokin' fast, the magnets and rotor feel incredibly strong and when I turn up the analyzer the first notch you can feel it "kick" in the cradle with torque. As I notch up the analyzer throttle through the bottom stages it appears to have decent low end acceleration. I shimmed it to get the sensor variance closer, from the factory they were off considerably but I was able to get it to 1-2 degrees of variance between each and no more than 3-4 across the all. Not bad.

Have a track practice day on Wednesday so I'll report back on how it performs, I'm excited! I geared a little bit lower to try and take advantage of the torque that I think it has, the gearing at my track tends to hover around 3.5 FDR and I geared down to 3.34 to see if I can get away with an extra 2 pinion teeth Running 88/50 right now and bringing the pinion collection with me to get it dialed in.

So far I can tell that this thing is at least solid and potentially a game changer for me. I know the analyzer can't really predict on track performance but it looks promising so far.

Wednesday will be for testing and gearing adjustments to see what works, LFG!
Old 11-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by woofenstein
Just got the V6 21.5t in the mail and put in on the analyzer. I can tell (or at least hope) this thing is gonna be smokin' fast, the magnets and rotor feel incredibly strong and when I turn up the analyzer the first notch you can feel it "kick" in the cradle with torque. As I notch up the analyzer throttle through the bottom stages it appears to have decent low end acceleration. I shimmed it to get the sensor variance closer, from the factory they were off considerably but I was able to get it to 1-2 degrees of variance between each and no more than 3-4 across the all. Not bad.

Have a track practice day on Wednesday so I'll report back on how it performs, I'm excited! I geared a little bit lower to try and take advantage of the torque that I think it has, the gearing at my track tends to hover around 3.5 FDR and I geared down to 3.34 to see if I can get away with an extra 2 pinion teeth Running 88/50 right now and bringing the pinion collection with me to get it dialed in.

So far I can tell that this thing is at least solid and potentially a game changer for me. I know the analyzer can't really predict on track performance but it looks promising so far.

Wednesday will be for testing and gearing adjustments to see what works, LFG!

What rotor is in that motor?
woofenstein likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.