Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Kwik

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Reedy '07

Wow, what a weekend. I think Kwik took it to another level this weekend by dominating the race overall in 19T Spec. Nice job by Shawn and everyone else by trying various things and coming up with a final solution. I think everyone was pleased with the Horsepower that was put out for the weekend.

Before the start of the A1 19T Spec Main, there was a meeting on the stand and Scotty made the comment that it was the toughest, and most stacked talent of drivers in the A final for the 19T class at the Reedy. It says a lot for Kwik to have 5 guys in that final.

Congrats to Corey on his TQ and Win. Thanks to Juan for his setup to put on my car. See you guys at the next big one.....

Jeff
Old 05-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congrats Team Kwik!

small side note: TQ'd mod truck and took 1st using the last STOCK motor Shawn rebuilt for my TC.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Long winded babble =)

Kropy, thank you very much sir! Great week for us and the drivers...

Timmay, thank you as well sir. Shawn busted his tail to make sure everyone had what they needed and from what I hear he did an excellent job. We would never have been close though if it were not for what is simply the best group of drivers we could have ever hoped for =)

Brad, not jump in and speak for Shawn but it was our pleasure. It's been great working with you overall and I can't wait to continue to do so. Last week was excellent for all of us being able to continue to show what the EP cells are really capable of! Talk to you soon.

Goop, no way. We are just more than happy to help out when and where it's needed =)

Jeff, truly a great week of racing and a great display of teamwork. Things are really starting of fall in to place here and you sir (to no surprise) have been a big part of that. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Casey, thank you for the congratulations but why on earth would you have to go and spoil it with your fables of dirt racing? UGH! I will see you at the track tomorrow sir for more ridicule and more than likely a Joan Rivers style critique of your wardrobe.

In other news, I just put some Club Series packs up on the website. Great deals for some fresh club/practice level cells. You can find them here: Team Kwik Club Series Packs

Take care,
Nick
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

i know i'm a little late with this post but i would like to give a big thanks to Shawn for all of his hard work at the Reedy race i was very impressed with all of the power he was able to get from the motors.................the EP4200's were also top fuel.

all in all it was a great week for Team Kwik and i can't wait for Vegas

on an added note i would like to thank Down Town Jeff Brown and SXT for the awesome traction i had all week thanks to SXT my car was ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

How are the EP cells holding up? I run mainly Lipo. But plan on running at other tracks that do not allow lipo right now. I do not want the hassle of the IB cell. Sounds like the EP is for the ones that want to run store the pack and not worry to much about the self discharge like the IB cells.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
How are the EP cells holding up? I run mainly Lipo. But plan on running at other tracks that do not allow lipo right now. I do not want the hassle of the IB cell. Sounds like the EP is for the ones that want to run store the pack and not worry to much about the self discharge like the IB cells.
The EP cells have been holding up great. While they do self discharge on the shelf they appear to recover from this state much better than the IB cells have been. We are finding that while keeping charge in them is best if they do drop low a wake-up cycle is all that's needed to get them back to race condition.

We are currently sold out of the EP cells but should have a fresh batch coming in the next week or two. Keep an eye on our website for details.

Take care,
Nick
Old 06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default EP Cells

as someone who often gets 'hand me down' cells, I can attest that when I get IB cells that have self-discharged, I usually have to throw them out. I tried to cycle a certain team driver's IB pack that had self-discharged and couldn't get over 100 seconds of run time.

On the other hand, a self-discharge of the EP cells seems to cause no lasting problems whatsoever.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

So what 19T and brush spring combo did your guys use to have 5 in the A at the Reedy?

Sounds like something is going on at Kwik to have 5 drivers in the A.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great drivers, great tuner, great product. When used appropriately, yields awesome results.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

'used appropriately' for Timmah could mean various things. mainly, and most probably for pleasure devices. I won't go into it here because I respect this forum too much.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

So what 19T and brush spring combo did your guys use to have 5 in the A at the Reedy?

the key point with a great motor tuner, is that different brushes / treatments were done for different driver's styles and for the best handout motor that each driver received. There is seldom only one correct choice.

many so called 'tuners' give each driver/motor the exact same treatment - easy but not optimal
Old 06-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

everyone got their tickets for Vegas???
Old 06-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The Bear
everyone got their tickets for Vegas???
I got my tickets Trying to get a plane ticket now
Old 06-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

We ran 4499 Brushes with Purple Springs. The biggest thing is making sure the brushes are centered on the comm and what not, which is where Shawn comes heavily into play on tweaking the motors. We played with other things such as XXX brushes and some variables on springs. In the end it was all really similar and we went with what certain drivers were going fast with at the moment.

Jeff
Old 06-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Default ROAR 2007 Asphalt Nats

Anyone heading out west to the Nats? I believe Shawn will be there so stop by check us out.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.