Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Mitch, I got good news for you! You're NOT gonna burn!

Hot Rod's only has 2 temperatures, "roasting" and "freezing" !

So, in October, we'll all be "freezing" in the morning and

after the sun goes down!

Time to bring out the heaters!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Yes jbrl me an ryan see you then
Old 09-22-2007, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

NSW State Championships - Day 1

Well, what a day it was... Jase and I got to the track on friday and ran a few packs thru the trucks (7 for me...)

Was really happy with the truck on friday, as was Jase, so retired to the hotel early and started prep work... The event was a hand out tyre so had plenty of glue work to be done... Into bed at about midnight and up at 5am to be at the track by 6.30.

The morning started okay... we got setup and started on our first runs... Brad went out in his BJ4 and won qualifying 1... was an amazing clean run with a consistency of 0.21. Jason and I were out soon after in truck... Once the pieces has fallen I was in 6th and Jason 9th.

Qualifying two came around... Brad destroyed them in qualifying two with another great run... Jason went out and came back still in 8th just in time for the re-grade after the second round... I found some more pace in the truck and managed to bump up to 5th.

Third Qualifying came and went with Brad not having a good one, a bit of a brain fart put him on second for that round, still holding a very good grip on TQ. We are running 2/4 qualifying at this event. Jason had a total shocker, to quote him “I muffed” it, putting him back to 11th. On my third run I put a new CO into the truck and “geared it up”. I managed to bump my overall position up to 4th!

Final qualifying and Brad came out, in the last heat and once again lead the whole field around the track another win giving him TQ. I didn't go very well in this one, I bumped back to 5th overall... Jason managed to pull a cat out of the hat and managed 5th in the round and bumped into 9th overall...

Let the finals begin... 3 finals... Brad and a young racer, Malcolm had been fighting all day for the number 1 position, and they took a final each from the three available, brining it all down to the last race... Brad leading from the front had Malcolm chasing him for 14 of the 16 laps... lap 15 and Malcolm managed to sneak past Brad... Last lap, Malcolm got tangled up with a back marker who had spun on a high speed corner and ripped the left front off his BJ. Brad went on to win the race. Personally, my hat goes off to both Malcolm and Brad, they were both amazing driving efforts all day!

Now, onto the truckers... the finals were a huge mixed bag for me, I ran off 5th... First race, managed a great start, got stuck on someone... so ended up dead last going into turn 3. I managed to drag my T4 back up to 8th... not as far as I wanted, but good enough... Race two came around, managed another stupid start and was in 3rd position before I could blink....chassed 3rd all race, and got him on the last corner of the last lap.... 2nd for me.... Race 3, well, lets just forget that one can me... I managed a 7th... The results gave me a 4th overall as I was tied with Jason and another Banzai powered car driven by Dave Wowk.

Jason started off 9th on the grid and in race one managed an amazing 3rd position, managed to sneak past all the standard carnage in the first few corners... Race two started off and Jason got into a few tangles and ended up last....Third and final race... Jason turned it all around and managed a 6th in the last race, beating me to the line....

Jason was running a Monster all day, and to be honest, the thing was just stupid in a straight line, and as the track was basically and oval inside a BIG oval it kinda suited the stupid horsepower of the high rev’ing Monster. Jase, I want it back by the way. To be honest, I think I had quite a few people grabbing motors from me based on the top end of that T4. I however decided to go another path, I bolted in 200grams of blue love and geared the thing at one point 2 teeth higher than I normally would and I was eating trucks alive on the in field. all in all a horsepower day.

Thats the races over for today... The Short summary.... Banzai results

Brad Fisher, 4wd Stock, NSW State Champion and TQ

Paul Creevy, Stock Truck, 2nd
Daniel Hoffman, Stock Truck, 4th
Jason Broers, Stock Truck, 5th
David Wowk, Stock Truck, 6th
Shane Clarke, Stock Truck, 7th

Tomorrow is 2wd... Brad has some more Banzai love in his B4. I have another local club racer, Russell Freeman who is taking on 2wd stock also with a Banzai in it... Ashley Anthony and Matty Cox will be running too as very new motor customers.... Good luck guys, I am sure they will power you home!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

oh... pictures... well I got to the track and my digi camera died... but we managed to get a few pics...

here is one of (left to right) Jason, Me, Paul, Brad and Dave

http://photo.puddlejumper.org/main.p...geViewsIndex=1
Old 09-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Ebi
Tech Adept

Congrats to Team BANZAI Australia from the other side of the planet

I'm sure Judi will be proud of you

Ebi

Team DURANGO - BANZAI Motors - Slingshot Batteries
Old 09-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Raining down here in Dago, good thing I'm at work and not trying to race.

On an up note, cant wait for JBRL 8 at Hot Rod!!! I should be running a third class at this race
Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats to all of Team Australia!!! What a great

showing! Tq and 1st and an A-Main full of Banzai

drivers and customers!! AWESOME!!

Thanks to all of the great racers, and a special thanks

to Puddle, who has worked so hard!

Brad, good job, now go get 'em in 2wd!!

I felt like I was at the race with Puddle's great commentary,

Scott even remarked how exciting it was to read!

And of course, pictures!

We'll be waiting for the 2wd results!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, Thank you all, very proud of everyone!!

Judi, Scott and Jason
Old 09-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Once I hear from sydney on today's efforts I will post away... I could'nt stay for the second day.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Few pics.

New B4 Body
Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

NSW State Champs in Australia:

4wd TQ and 1st Brad Fisher also finished

8th A-Main and Russel Freeman 10th A-Main 2wd stock!

Good job to all of Team Australia! We're really proud of all of you!

K-King, Lookin' good!! You must be getting ready for the

last JBRL!

Well, we had lots of rain this week-end and cooler temps,

but it's supposed to be in the high 80's-low 90's by weeks end.

Last week-end to practice before the JBRL final show-down!

Anybody want to get together at one of the tracks on Saturday

for some "warm-up" action??? If so, I'll send emails to the other

team guys who don't frequent the forums.

Last edited by BanzaiMom; 09-24-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hot Rod is putting in the track this weekend right? Pegasus would be a good place to meet.

My weekend is full already though. Trying to see if I can get to So Cal friday night to get some runs in.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Jeremy Hase has been racing at SoCal

on Friday nights too.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At Bakersfield, I believe Jimmy said that the track was going in on Thursday the 20th?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Good work!!

I got to use a banzai motor a couple days ago and was very happy with it. I have also heard nothing but good information about you!! Keep up the great work!!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by pc9840
I got to use a banzai motor a couple days ago and was very happy with it. I have also heard nothing but good information about you!! Keep up the great work!!
Thank you for the kind words. I see you're into guitars and drums too. Sweet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.