Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Maxx/Revo

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Which parts of Tampines do u play?Isit the BMX track?
I thinking of getting a Emaxx....can play quietly.....
I got a Mutaut Maxx,Tmaxx,WW2,heli,buggy......

Lookin forward to play with u guys......Cheers....
Old 03-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by mathsinstrument
Your emaxx looks sweet.
Lucky i got my bro to accompany me play all my nitro classes. From planes to heli, cars to trucks. We've played it all. My bro wanna play boat nw though. . . We settled down finally at 1/8 monsters and electric 1/10.
Cool idea to ram those parks, but i'll really be a hassle to travel for nitro ones like us. We gotta lunge a hell of equipment there and back. But i think i can think about that idea. My maxx is always good to go. And worse bit, i dun drive. . .
I'm trying to get R/C fans from TP(Temasek Poly, that's where i'm studying nw) as well, but i dunno where to start. Mass email? You think will got response?
Bro go to Army market. They sell really huge bags there and at a reasonable price ($30 plus). Can fit my Savage, 1 gallon bottle, TX bag, tools and still have space for a little more.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I look forward to bash at TP BMX track, thats the place for crazy jumps and push ur maxx/revo to the fullest be ready for breakage though EPMTers have been bashing there but I have not been able to join due to other commitments.btw i'm staying at bishan.anyone running their emaxx on 14cells using the titans?hows the performance?

just gundam: nice emaxx where u get those hotbodies shocks? how much are they? you can adjust the shock stiffness by adjusting the screw right?I couldnt find any shock spacers at rotor so had to settle for hobao's from winnie, its a bit too big though and the spacers sometimes pop out during mild off road...

michael: i'm sure u'll like emaxx, manual shifting is much more fun than nitro auto shift
Old 03-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi rcaddict,

The shocks were bought from tower hobbies, about US36 (during their end-of-year sales) for all 8. Yes upper retainers are adjusted using screws, but they strip quite easily, so i changed them to screws with nuts. Also i had to use plumbers' tape to improve the grip of the retainers on the shock bodies, else they will slide. Overall they are still nice shocks.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The track at TP is too much fun. . . hahaa. . .
My bro and I love those jumps, they drive your car out of control. . . But usually i wack there during weekdays because weekend got a lot of bikers, then cannot use those jumps. . .
My maxx is also using the hobao aluminum ones from winne, all eight of them. I'm using HB long ones on the rear and short ones on the front. They work pretty well and looks tough. But the o-ring is lousy lar, always leak. I changed into industrial ones, they are tighter and dun break easily.

My bro is thinking of trading or selling off his savage ss to get a revo. His savage is gulping the fuel like a thirsty hippo.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe you guys can post some pics of your monster truck and share with us some of the upgrades that your truck has undergone?

My purple monster is on the first page.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

The track at TP is too much fun. . . hahaa. . .
My bro and I love those jumps, they drive your car out of control. . . But usually i wack there during weekdays because weekend got a lot of bikers, then cannot use those jumps. . .
My maxx is also using the hobao aluminum ones from winne, all eight of them. I'm using HB long ones on the rear and short ones on the front. They work pretty well and looks tough. But the o-ring is lousy lar, always leak. I changed into industrial ones, they are tighter and dun break easily.

My bro is thinking of trading or selling off his savage ss to get a revo. His savage is gulping the fuel like a thirsty hippo.
How long does your bro get on his Savage? I believe the Revo uses a smaller engine hence the better runtime. Although I have great respect for the Revo, I still feel the Savage is tougher. On the track tho, I believe a unmodified stock Savage will have a hard day at work racing with the Revo.

Last edited by firegarden777; 03-01-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

On the averge, i dunno. When i finished with 1 tank, he had already ran half through is 2nd tank already. . . Mine's a 125cc HB buggy tank, and the savage ss is a 160cc tupperware.(looks like one to me...)
In terms of racing, Revo is a class of it's own. In terms of weight, savage is a tank on fours. But savage replaces weight with toughness and power, so looking at how my bro trashes around with his truck, he just broke his first arm after a direct hit onto a high kerb, after, like say 3 months?
He's interested in the revo though, fuel economy, the trx 2.5 and speed. He's quite fed up lagging behind my Maxx... heehee...
Old 03-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Just Gundam
Post your idea on the TP forums, should work good.
I checked it out, the TP forum. For 2005, there are less than 10 threads. And one of them reads:"I only know about this forum while reading SP forum. This forum is so.... quiet..... TP's a big school though."
Old 03-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

I checked it out, the TP forum. For 2005, there are less than 10 threads. And one of them reads:"I only know about this forum while reading SP forum. This forum is so.... quiet..... TP's a big school though."
Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Just Gundam: I guess thats the prob with that kind of shock,need to do some research on the threaded type already
Old 03-02-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Even threaded shocks have their own set of problems, like springs rubbing against the threads during compression, or the retainers losing positions, either way have to do minor mods to make them work alright. Endless tinkering here and there ...
Old 03-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

thats true dude perhaps the simplest way is just get springs with different stiffness...expensive for the maxx though
Old 03-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yah, liked everything about this hobby... except the cost!
Old 03-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone tried out the .23 engine mount from New Era?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.