1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12th, Formula 1 and Pro 10 pan cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

what jive point out it true.. no point getting one car and if u happen to break it, u wait for one more week for that part and worse still, pay 20 dollars for shipping for a 10 dollar parts

so far i never broke anything in my car except for one of my chassis.. cause i decided to follow clif lett insance run and put 12 match cell..... one trinity motor... hahahhaha chip of the frnt of the graphite chassis
what u need to spend more on is actually the tires and the gears..
that all...... I bought my car to jurong before and Henry was like... wah Jack.. give me give me.. hahahha
i was going very fast with just a sport tune motor....
Old 06-06-2002, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

jimmyd - so far based on this thread pro10 doesnt really appeal to any of racers here....if only there's more people wanting to run it , maybe we can try to have some friendly talk to any of LHS that is willing to stock it...as for now...i think online ordering would be the best way...or maybe just dream about owning one...maybe i'll just get a kit and keep it on the shelf...for own satisfaction
Old 06-06-2002, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Freshjive: I know what you are thinking. I have thought about this many times too. Which is why I will never bring my F1s to MS again! Even if you drive carefuly, the conditions of the track makes steering very inconsistent for foam tyres. This together with the speed of a direct drive pan car makes it very difficult to avoid accidents once in while.

If you drive them at Yuan Ching or PA its quite safe. I have yet to break a part on my F1s playing at these two places so I am sure you will be pretty safe with a GTP body. Pan cars are very simple so parts failure is quite rare unless in the case of a full frontal impact. What I do for my Corally is buy a couple of front wishbones as spares just in case.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Jack: Ha ha now I know why Henry kept saying to me pro 10 has good handling and Associated RC10L is one of the best.

Btw if you want foam donuts Wuikiats place still has alot of green rear foams for pro 10. They are a bit stale to the touch. But they do grip quite well even without additive. No front tyres though. I still a pair of blue fronts with about 4mm left. I can hand it to you if you want.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jimmyd
Freshjive: I know what you are thinking. I have thought about this many times too. Which is why I will never bring my F1s to MS again! Even if you drive carefuly, the conditions of the track makes steering very inconsistent for foam tyres. This together with the speed of a direct drive pan car makes it very difficult to avoid accidents once in while.

If you drive them at Yuan Ching or PA its quite safe. I have yet to break a part on my F1s playing at these two places so I am sure you will be pretty safe with a GTP body. Pan cars are very simple so parts failure is quite rare unless in the case of a full frontal impact. What I do for my Corally is buy a couple of front wishbones as spares just in case.
Jim.. actually i perfer to bring my car to MS to play rather than Jurong.. MS track although is less forgiving than Jurong if u were to hit the board but the surface on MS doesnt harm my chassis . and the wear rate of my foam at MS is alot better than Jurong.. I worn out my frnt blue with just about 4 batt...
Old 06-06-2002, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jimmyd
Jack: Ha ha now I know why Henry kept saying to me pro 10 has good handling and Associated RC10L is one of the best.

Btw if you want foam donuts Wuikiats place still has alot of green rear foams for pro 10. They are a bit stale to the touch. But they do grip quite well even without additive. No front tyres though. I still a pair of blue fronts with about 4mm left. I can hand it to you if you want.
hahah... hmmm i need frnt actually.... maybe i drop by wuikait when i am free........i still have some green frnt left i think...
hmmm
Old 06-06-2002, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

You'll need to find them. He had them well hidden up in one of the plastic drawers behind the glass display.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Hey! Any races held for the 1/12 pan cars recently? I am considering to get 1 1/12 pan, but would like to know more about the playing scene here. Furthermore, can anyone give me any comments about the Corally SP12 G3?
Old 06-10-2002, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

fishcake - i have SP12G3...car is good and fast out of the box except for parts support....i think there was once a 1/12 race very long time back not really sure though...as for recently there's none to date...
Old 06-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

was browsing the corally site and notice the have 2 1/10 scale pancars...C10X and CCT...what's the difference??anyone knows??
Old 06-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Ohh, okay, so what about the production year? How old is the model anyway? Is it worth to buy the 1/12 car then?
Old 06-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
was browsing the corally site and notice the have 2 1/10 scale pancars...C10X and CCT...what's the difference??anyone knows??

think of the c10X as a full fledged competition racer while the CCT as a sport version of a 1/10 pan car.

btw, the sp12g3 has been replaced by the sp12m.

a 1/12 race was held as a 'support' race for the kawada touring car series some time back. however due to a lack of response (less than 10 drivers) it never caught on. touring cars still dominate the ep racing scene.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

freshjive: The C10x is a pro10 car designed for gtp bodies while the CCT is a pan touring car designed to fit sedan bodies. Both chasis use the trailing front beam suspension and leafspring rear suspension but the c10x made is much wider(like all other pro10s)to maximize cornering speed and grip. Also the C10x is available only in full graphite.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

This is the CCT. One japanese company has made an after market wheel adapter set to allow this car to use normal touring wheels.

This the 1/12 sp12g3
Old 06-10-2002, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

jimmyd - what's the site for the japanese company selling the adapter??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.