Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 ep & SCT race on June 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

hello, i am new here

at what time does the buggy track open and closed ?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

last truggy video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTHGepm4GKs
Old 06-10-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
To the above question, I'd say... Setup your car.

On the post above that...

You are talking about temperatures... I'm talking about power.

There is no connection bro. Your car can be boiling hot and still be underpowered, or overpowered, whichever is relevant. Less heat doesn't mean less power. Higher heat doesn't mean higher power... Savvy?

let's take this off-line, if you need help. SMS me.

-Alexander
In the matter of fact, it would be great to keep this conversation at hand as we or newbies like me can learn something out of this, exchanged of knowledges instead of discussing with close door. There is no "who's right and Who's wrong".

higher or lower kv play a major parts in how the car react in WOT, I would say that if the car "snake" in WOT than it would be better with a lower Kv motor, but then again, it depend on the track and tryes condition. All this not taking in account the suspension and the diff set up.

your caculation on motor RPM=KVxV is on a "ideal" enviroment, NO ESC or motor will claim that they willl deliver 100% be it in voltage,amperages or RPM, even "if" they do...it will never happen due the fact of internal resistance wires, components inside the motor, esc and the heat generated.

A slight diff in KV doesnt really matter as it all up to the driver on "how much to punch" and "when to punch".

But I second to the ideal of setting the car up as close to the track condition as possible.

Omission to the setup of the car, Overshooting corners and over jumping is the "FAULT" of the driver.

I would like to seek your advice on this

1. my car like to dive so much that I cannot take jump at slow speed, I have to gun my throttle so that it fly level. my situation is to either jump hard or basically slow down and roll over the jump.

I have shift ALL components to the back of the car and lessen the preload on the rear sus so that car dont kick itself down.

2. I would like to have lots more traction on the front. where should I start??
Old 06-10-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

you should learn how to jump. ask any old timers there and they will teach u a trick or 2.

for a buggy you dont really need a lot of speed to clear those jumps. tires does pay big part there. i like the aka cross , proline crime fighters and caliburs. for diff just stick to the standard factory setting. most important of all, set the droop. i see many buggy run full droop. but our track is back yard type with broken hard surface and low jumps and tight corners. so you do not need full droop. i'm no means a pro or a racer. i'm just a weekend basher whom can share what i know. cheers

i run nitro buggys and truggy , dont have ep 1/8 ... only 1 ep sct blitz for bashing with my buddies
Old 06-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by technicapot
In the matter of fact, it would be great to keep this conversation at hand as we or newbies like me can learn something out of this, exchanged of knowledges instead of discussing with close door. There is no "who's right and Who's wrong".

higher or lower kv play a major parts in how the car react in WOT, I would say that if the car "snake" in WOT than it would be better with a lower Kv motor, but then again, it depend on the track and tryes condition. All this not taking in account the suspension and the diff set up.

your caculation on motor RPM=KVxV is on a "ideal" enviroment, NO ESC or motor will claim that they willl deliver 100% be it in voltage,amperages or RPM, even "if" they do...it will never happen due the fact of internal resistance wires, components inside the motor, esc and the heat generated.

A slight diff in KV doesnt really matter as it all up to the driver on "how much to punch" and "when to punch".

But I second to the ideal of setting the car up as close to the track condition as possible.

Omission to the setup of the car, Overshooting corners and over jumping is the "FAULT" of the driver.

I would like to seek your advice on this

1. my car like to dive so much that I cannot take jump at slow speed, I have to gun my throttle so that it fly level. my situation is to either jump hard or basically slow down and roll over the jump.

I have shift ALL components to the back of the car and lessen the preload on the rear sus so that car dont kick itself down.

2. I would like to have lots more traction on the front. where should I start??
Have you check your drivetrain for binding? Or do you use drag brake in ur esc setup?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

I use 0% drag brake, took the car apart couple of day ago, no binding.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Lord

Change your tire first.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

I suggest you play around with the suspension setup. I will normally increase the front spring tension or reduce the shock oil if i want to get a more "head up" jumps. Alternatively u can reduce rear spring tension. More practice on jumps will also helps on the finger control i.e when to release throttle, when to hold & when to accelerate. Every setups will give u a different feel.

I've bashed in both Segar & Turf, both track requires very different setups inorder to handle well.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
Change your tire first.
me...very poor man....got no buget to buy new tryes....got to buy lipo first
Old 06-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rlau99
I suggest you play around with the suspension setup. I will normally increase the front spring tension or reduce the shock oil if i want to get a more "head up" jumps. Alternatively u can reduce rear spring tension. More practice on jumps will also helps on the finger control i.e when to release throttle, when to hold & when to accelerate. Every setups will give u a different feel.

I've bashed in both Segar & Turf, both track requires very different setups inorder to handle well.
this is good tip
Old 06-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fuse01
you should learn how to jump. ask any old timers there and they will teach u a trick or 2.

for a buggy you dont really need a lot of speed to clear those jumps. tires does pay big part there. i like the aka cross , proline crime fighters and caliburs. for diff just stick to the standard factory setting. most important of all, set the droop. i see many buggy run full droop. but our track is back yard type with broken hard surface and low jumps and tight corners. so you do not need full droop. i'm no means a pro or a racer. i'm just a weekend basher whom can share what i know. cheers

i run nitro buggys and truggy , dont have ep 1/8 ... only 1 ep sct blitz for bashing with my buddies
one of the jump in segar are called the "kicker jump" they maybe low in height but they do kick the air time out of my buggy.

Last edited by technicapot; 06-10-2010 at 06:46 AM. Reason: none
Old 06-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Lord

me...very poor man....got no buget to buy new tryes....got to buy lipo first
U buy too Many cars lah. U spent more than me lol
Old 06-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

this is good tip
come to us if you need any help... we always share tips during our heat to make it more better in the next round.

we are easy to recongised
Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

who is running the pink buggy ?

i have to say that is some skillful driving
Old 06-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by crosten
who is running the pink buggy ?

i have to say that is some skillful driving
Lol thx that's me, but I think I did badly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.