Wiki Posts
Search

Any abc hobby mini genetic user here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperscorpic
Here's a link to the manual for the genetic online...

Its for the colt, but the chassis is basically the same for any body shell...
Hi bro,

Thanks for the link but I think they will be interested in Eng Manual which is currently not available. We are working on it.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Decided to get a Tamiya M03 to start off my mini collection..

It was this site that got me poisoned!!

Check it out here: http://www.rc-mini.net/MiniWeb_Online/Main.html

and a cool rally m03 mini: http://minirally.cool.ne.jp/
Old 11-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think we should have a designated Mini day every week at BK's track. Then we can all gather and drive together regularly.

Because now I notice that there's more Mini drivers appearing, and it'll be fun to put us all together. Mini driving is a pack thing, only that way can our driving and setup skills improve.

I suggest a weekday evening, because Friday most ppl may want to go and 'chiong' or take family out, and Saturdays, sundays not good because all the hardcore super fast touring guys use the track, not nice for the slower minis to hog their lines, and also when the 1/10 touring crashes into a Mini the Mini sure gets more damage.

It's also an excuse to ask BK to turn on his lights more, since now there's night driving only on friday.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I agree with Dinordier, lets have an official race day and time for minis.
BK seems like the ideal place.
Regarding turning the lights on, it should be a matter of payment to BK which is only right...it takes money to run that place.

Pool money together to block book a new night for BK..only for minis?

Start a new club, race nite...etc... whatever you call it.

But most important do we have enough players in the market to make it sustainable?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dinorider
I think we should have a designated Mini day every week at BK's track. Then we can all gather and drive together regularly.

Because now I notice that there's more Mini drivers appearing, and it'll be fun to put us all together. Mini driving is a pack thing, only that way can our driving and setup skills improve.

I suggest a weekday evening, because Friday most ppl may want to go and 'chiong' or take family out, and Saturdays, sundays not good because all the hardcore super fast touring guys use the track, not nice for the slower minis to hog their lines, and also when the 1/10 touring crashes into a Mini the Mini sure gets more damage.

It's also an excuse to ask BK to turn on his lights more, since now there's night driving only on friday.

haha i agreee with both of u man bros start a mini club!!! hehe currently every tuesday ,Friday , sat and sun night the lights at BK will be on unless there is rain. Thursday is booked by EVO club, a couple of EVo drivers. hmmm lionel, dun be so sure that mini cant beat the tourings =x haha i have seen many mini are really fast man!!! hahawell saturday works best for me what about the rest of u guys??? anyway if u see minis running at bk dun be shy to say hi! i realise alot of people go to bk only play their own mini in their own world.. even we know each other in forum we might not know each other in person man...
Old 11-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

well in order to start a club we have to pool people together.. lets start lining up mini drivers

1. Ekmage aka Jon / MRR2 / M03/ Losi MicroT <--consider mini? lolx (saturday regular at bk.)
2. Ekmage gf aka Jasmin / MRR2 / M03R
3. Hypersonic aka Vince / ABC genitics / Vendetta
4. haody aka ah Hao / MRR2
Old 11-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

well in order to start a club we have to pool people together.. lets start lining up mini drivers

1. Ekmage aka Jon / MRR2 / M03/ Losi MicroT <--consider mini? lolx (saturday regular at bk.)
5. SnappyD aka Mike / ABC genetic
6. SnappyD wife aka Sherine /ABC genetic / MO3R
Old 11-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

5. SnappyD aka Mike / ABC genetic
6. SnappyD wife aka Sherine /ABC genetic / MO3R
7. dinorider aka Lionel / A210SS
Old 11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Rookie

hey Lionel,
are the guy with the fast yellow active mini and drives a white car?
if you are we just raced and mucked around a bit in BK two days ago, I was with my friend adrain (Blue Sabaru WRC - TT01) and mine (White GTR - TT01).
Old 11-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snappyD
hey Lionel,
are the guy with the fast yellow active mini and drives a white car?
Yes that was me. I realised that the secret to a fast mini is actually in the tyres. The fronts usually need slightly harder compounds than the rears. Then after that's sorted, use the suspension to fine tune the little handling characteristics.

I prefer mid week drives because Sat n sun is usually reserved for the wife who wants to go out and do other family stuff. (and not 'everytime go and play with toy cars')
Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes that was me. I realised that the secret to a fast mini is actually in the tyres. The fronts usually need slightly harder compounds than the rears. Then after that's sorted, use the suspension to fine tune the little handling characteristics.

I prefer mid week drives because Sat n sun is usually reserved for the wife who wants to go out and do other family stuff. (and not 'everytime go and play with toy cars')
bro guess i am slightly luckier then u cos my gf play cars too so weekend not a problem for me... wow so fast u play ur active liao? i wanna see lay how it perform?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ekmage
wow so fast u play ur active liao? i wanna see lay how it perform?
Of course, build already must drive it to the max!

It's very quick with the right tyres, but plastic is very brittle. Cannot crash hard! Oh and the battery retention bar not too good, batt will eject if the car taps the wall. Needed to modify it with extra 'fencing' around the stick pack.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Of course, build already must drive it to the max!

It's very quick with the right tyres, but plastic is very brittle. Cannot crash hard! Oh and the battery retention bar not too good, batt will eject if the car taps the wall. Needed to modify it with extra 'fencing' around the stick pack.
nice bro cant wait to play with u... hmm so how next sat?
Old 11-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Calling all mini Bk have a mini open race on 7 dec this sun!!! please join!! haha
Old 12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I am good for the mini meet up this sunday.
wanna start a list?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.