Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Any abc hobby mini genetic user here? >

Any abc hobby mini genetic user here?

Any abc hobby mini genetic user here?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Any abc hobby mini genetic user here?

hi, just brought a mini genetic from vista point shop,decieded to get one after seeing the nice shells =D, it comes with the chassis pre built, just want to ask a question, what settings would be recommanded to run on bk track? sorry noob here thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Hi, welcome you to the M-chassis 4wd mini!! There's couple of menbers here who have Genetic mini. One of the recent "hardcore player is hyperscorpic. Wait till he view your thread and can give you further advise on set-up of his mini.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

hi .. i also new here i have the interest to start about it and i went to the website have alook it is nice and look so real .. i love the honda model
Old 11-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How much does a Genetic costs?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm thinking of getting a M-chasis ride but not sure which one to get...

It's between Tamiya's M03, ABC Hobby and Xpress MRR2 Pro Kit..

Anyone who's had experience with these 3 models care to shed some light??

Thank you!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hyperlite31
I'm thinking of getting a M-chasis ride but not sure which one to get...

It's between Tamiya's M03, ABC Hobby and Xpress MRR2 Pro Kit..

Anyone who's had experience with these 3 models care to shed some light??

Thank you!
if i'm not wrong,mo3 is front wheel drive while mrr2 and mini genetic is 4 wheel driven, mrr2 is belt driven while mini genetic is shaft driven , mo3 i think i direct drive? mini genetics is quite fun, the shells are quite unique, u have honda fit, toyota vitz etc etc, saw quite alot of abc shells at the vista point shop, very tempted to buy one more home =D
Old 11-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Rookie

[double post

Last edited by crazyrc; 11-22-2008 at 09:32 PM. Reason: double posting
Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyrc
if i'm not wrong,mo3 is front wheel drive while mrr2 and mini genetic is 4 wheel driven, mrr2 is belt driven while mini genetic is shaft driven , mo3 i think i direct drive? mini genetics is quite fun, the shells are quite unique, u have honda fit, toyota vitz etc etc, saw quite alot of abc shells at the vista point shop, very tempted to buy one more home =D
You're all right on all the mini spec above you mentioned. In fact, there're many more high performance belt driven mini around, usually called mini touring The market for performance mini touring in local is very small. For local, Tamiya M03 is the hottest mini around, they are front wheel driven couple gears. They are the real FUN all round mini in the market.

Don't let the body shell of the mini to decide the mini to get. All of the ABC shell can be mount on any after market mini so long as they have the same 210mm wheel base. Except for the m03 chassis, those sporty body shell like Lotus & Madza mx5 etc can be very trickly to mount due to the front servo is mounted high.

To help you decide better on which "type" of mini you want to commit. First of all ask yourself couple of questions Eg, what kind of performance you want? Do you want to race? Local parts availability? Collection for display? etc
Old 11-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyrc
hi, just brought a mini genetic from vista point shop,decieded to get one after seeing the nice shells =D, it comes with the chassis pre built, just want to ask a question, what settings would be recommanded to run on bk track? sorry noob here thanks
crazyrc,

I got me a genetic when it was launched a few yrs ago.Back then, it was the nissan cube model, and it was a kit.I found building the kit rather different from building tamiya or kyosho or hpi..Instructions were in japanese, kit plastic was v hard for the machine screws to get into.

Running the car was the opposite..I had dis big smile when i ran it on the track for the first time..V easy to drive ( 4wd), and very nimble..It wasnt a squirrel on the track ..( some minis act like a squirrel, where every small steering input resulted in the car swerving left or right)..Till now, it was one of the better cars to drive.

My limited experience w the car would be to advise u to:-

Try and use some other rims before u mount and glue the tyres..Tyres are EXCELLENT on bk's track plus it has very low wear.

Hope dis helps
Regards
Evil Ernie
Old 11-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Is parts support good for the ABC? Are there hop up parts available?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

wow another mini thread hehe mini is getting popular *cheers* hehe well to be honest Genetic is a very complicated car haha but u cant deny the fact that ABC has one of the most realistic shell around, so wat Colt said is very true do not let the nice shell be the reason of buying that car. ask yourself wat u want. or u will end up putting the car on display instead of playing it
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yo Gary, talking about me ar?

I got a Genetic ABC mini. Parts wise, invest in a foam bumper and chassis protector (can be bought from RCMArt)
Driving wise, I have no coments yet, coz I broke my chassis due to WOT into metal pole (hence the need for a foam bumper)

Parts can be bought from RCMArt, but with limited aftermarket support. So can be good or bad la...Good = wun be tempted to hopup like crazy; bad = all genetic look the same haha

Shaft driven, so no fear of rocks or such. However, its v troublesome to replace the lower suspension arm...got to remove a lot of screws and parts, esp for the front lower suspension arm.

The stock shock springs also a bit too soft for my liking...
Good thing is that it comes with ball diffs stock...

The M03 can be quite fun to drive, but must setup right. Setup very impt for M03. Only down side is the limited gearing, so no point changing to hot motors...good if you just want some fun, but bad if u speed crazy, like colt

MRR2, v fast and stable, but got a weak rear lower suspension arm (just ask EKMAGE ) and I heard the ball cups a bit loose...prone to popping off

Seriously, if you just want to have fun, and not spend too much money, the m03 is the way to go. It's not the fastest, but setup right, its practically bulletproof.
If you want speed, go for the MRR2.
What good then is the genetic for? I can only answer you after I drive my one hahahah
Old 11-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

haha ya man the arms are just a little too soft i had already broken 2 arms since i got the car in early sept. Well then again maybe is my driving la abit "lan". haha well wat vince said is true M03 is quite tough for a mini if u drive properly basicly u dun need much maintaince.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ABC Hobby might not be as big as Tamiya or HPI, but the quality and styles of their body shells and accessories are top notch!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dinorider
ABC Hobby might not be as big as Tamiya or HPI, but the quality and styles of their body shells and accessories are top notch!
yo bro!!! so u decide on ur mini yet? so ur really retiring ur MRR?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.