Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody go to east coast track before?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 AM
LOL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if a beginner go to his shop to buy stuff..think he will be cut like carrot cake.. even if the customer buy from them a can of spray and ask them to help him spray bodyshell..still must pay $40..den i think is ridicules...for $40 u can good very nice paintjob with air brushing...and that time i went there to see..their paintjob was those by pasting those tamiya tape for design only..small boy also can do that la...i hope in future there will be a hobbyshop open near their shop..then they will know wad they are doing..like u say bro zattan..that hobbyshop might be the next champion hobby...do everything also need $$$..
Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 AM
KCJ
Tech Rookie

Well.... Everyone got their point... but afterall, we need two hands to clap...
Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yup last time b4 i move to ep buggy i use to play there, n i get gd bargain on my ta05 $200 which is the lowest i can get at that time, tink its the way how u bargain n also ure gd relation to the shop which also happens in most LHS, old kakis/gd kakis/regular kakis get gd price.

track are small but u will not have any problem if u have gd driving skill as i saw some regular guys n kids which can drive thru it without damaging their cars n they go fast.

rgd the track, don't expect it to be as gd as bk track la bro, can't compare a pay track with a free track, at least they supply us with free track, free power points, free table n chairs, free tentage, n not to mention free flow of drinks, ya free flow of drinks which i had not seen on pay track, they also organise weekly races n i saw lotz of kakis there also not all are beginers,they also supply transponder for weekly races at their track which is gd for beginers to get into race as its weekly need not wait for 1 or 2 or many mth to start racing,n some kakis there r also involve in TAC.

any way like wat imention its always gd to have more tracks n LHS n its up to individual to tink b4 they buy, do some homewerk n research of price first b4 buying n not to just buy n later flame here haha. remember tink b4 buying n not only for rc but also for other tink like durian,t'shirt etc etc.

remember remember tink b4 buying n choose which track u tink best,haha it's ure money n it's ure choice.

hahaha not siding any party just my opinion n experience on e mention shop cheers
Old 06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Strongly Agree with Everyone here....

Do some home work guys before buying, but newbies really dunnoe where to get from. haha

Bro, when TAO5 is out in market, LHS is selling at $250. Some is selling at $200. i got mine at $200... heehee... Stargek now on 20% Sales... all kit are on Sales too....

$40 of spray can get pros that using airbrush to spray for me lor...

Cheers....
Old 06-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hi!I had an experience buying from Taroda but not cars but a heli.Those cheapo 3 channel type costing around $100+.My experience with Dexter was a good one.He explained to me quite a number of things which I don't know adn also charge some batteries to do a demo flight.That was last year and I have not bought from him anything eversince coz I run Nitro.Another reason was that I could not fly the heli properly since I'm using 2 middle fingers instead of 2 thumbs to fly.

So far,a good hobbyshop IMHO is run by Sunny.Very 'chin-chai' in helping you fix this,fix that.Pricing also ok,ok.Best part is I don't run any Hong Nor at all but in the end buy STS engine to show my support.Paisehlah!

At the end of the day,it's a buyer and seller market.Buyer's $ against sellers products.If you feel good,you would not mind paying more.By doing a bit of homework before any purchase,it will help.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there is a difference between to be able to afford to pay $8 to rim a shell and wondering what the hell why you have to pay $8 dollars to rim a shell.

It is like why the hell you have to pay extra 4 percent more on your GST and not whether you can afford it or not.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

interesting comments..

at the end of the day, it is our responsibility as buyers to do our own research on product specs and market price, and it is that of hobby shops to provide good service. Quoted prices from various shops may differ but that really is up to the shops to decide. Our only choice is to buy, if the price is agreeable, or not. If a shop sells at ridiculously high prices then nobody's gonna buy, they don't have business, and ultimately will have to close down, it really is as simple as that.

But sometimes i pay a bit more to buy from certain shops, eventhough i can get cheaper elsewhere, because i want to support them. R/C is a niche market in the world, even more so on our red dot island
Old 06-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Post =)

YO! I'm a newbie to the RC world! Just bought a TT-01 a month ago. Should i get the Novak combo that have the ESC and the brushless motor or just get a Furtaba ESC will do ?

Last edited by Pinky Supra; 06-17-2008 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Press wrong before that.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Post I am a newbie to RC too.

Agree with some of the ppl here!Started learning how to play my TT-01 since 01.05.2008. As usual,bought from Taroda and after that then I know about other places selling alot cheaper.Taroda sure care about earing extra profits than having the passion of RC. Don't believe? Ask all the ex-employees or..the current employee..lol. As for now,I check it out from those more experienced friends. EG6 rOx
Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Post I am a newbie to RC too.

Agree with some of the ppl here!Started learning how to play my TT-01 since 01.05.2008. As usual,bought from Taroda and after that then I know about other places selling alot cheaper.Taroda sure care about earing extra profits than having the passion of RC. Don't believe? Ask all the ex-employees or..the current employee..lol. As for now,I check it out from those more experienced friends. EG6 bodyshell rOx
Old 06-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaVeMaSter_VaN
there is a difference between to be able to afford to pay $8 to rim a shell and wondering what the hell why you have to pay $8 dollars to rim a shell.

It is like why the hell you have to pay extra 4 percent more on your GST and not whether you can afford it or not.
That what i mean.... some more those are still young boys, just like when you start to learn, we dun pay to kakis for helping us cutting shell mah... Haiz. Young boy also never give chance.

Another FYI:
Young Boy TT01 chassis broke, Need to replace a chassis. Buy from shop $12++ and need to pay another $25++ to replace the chassis for him. i think is charging too much also... last time went hobby bug, for the new V1S whole car setup and spraying of shell for those newbies is only $30 lor... including ruinning in of engine too... $30 for all this service i think is fair and reasonable.

Pink Supra:
It really depends on your buget. and why do you need a brushless motor for? unless you playing over at BK track or so..

cheers everyone here
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Brushless motor

Eh.. I've seen 2 ppl using the novak combo at ECP. 1 is TT-01 and the other 1 is TA05-IFS. I using it for super drift. If i use the original Sports Tune, do a donut also need full throttle already. Motor easily burnt?? And anyone can advise me if i want to play super drift, the Furtaba ESC and wad motor can do the job? Becos the novak combo might be a little too "powerful" for newbie like me.. lol - EG 6 Bodyshell rOx -
Old 06-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MelvinSeet
Strongly Agree with Everyone here....

$40 of spray can get pros that using airbrush to spray for me lor...

Cheers....
hey melvin,

i am quite keen in getting the pro that u got to spray your bodyshell to help mi spray mine.

cause i haven been able to get some pros to help me spray at that low price as the cheapest i know is $70 for the spray work without the bodyshell.

or does your $40 means it's just the cost of the paints that the pro use and the service will have to pay additional??

if you dun mind please pm mi the contact of the pro u r refering to and the picture of the work done?? i am sure you will have a few pic taken for the work done by the pro u send your body for spray.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Rookie

guys,

just trying to giv my own opinion,

i tink that we shldnt criticise others as i am sure there are people that likes goin there not bcos of the price they have to pay but the way they are serve and the frens they make there.

of cos on the other hand, i tink there will be people like some of us here that doesnt like the shop or the place there or some even doesnt like the people there.

but i personnally think that all tis are all personnal opinion and whether you like it u can continue going down and show some support to the LHS but if u dont like jus dun turn up there. instead of making such a big joke here to let others turn us into a laughing stock. tink about it u guys rather have 1 more LHS and track to have more frens to improve the R/C community in singapore ??? or u guys rather have lesser LHS and help to bring DOWN R/C in singapore becos of some small issue regarding the cost of the hobby or even some conflicts that you might have with that LHS and u just wan them to close down for your happiness??? it will be a bloody selfish tink to do.

tink about it guys. i am sure u all are old enuff for that..

it's just a simple thing. u like u go u dun like jus dun go. sure you can talk abt it but the way u all are doin is jus simply tryin to kill the shop to R/C players??

newbies or newcomers have their choice as well..i am sure all of us have.

so jus choose your choice instead of trying to close down LHS within 1 yr
Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default =)

ya. agree. anyway that's only just some of the opinions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.