42.86%
Christmas Tree type finals
57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Post Re: Hello and how are you doing today?

Originally posted by phlim
RC Everything: Okay, here's what I have. We have been organizing races with our track for more than 6 years. And many Thanks to all the support given by the local and JB RC'ers, our events have been sufficiently well received. However, with the advent of many more new clubs around our small island (former Indo President and our not too kind neighbouring PM like to call us the little red dot) many of our members have not been renewing the memberships with us. We held brainstorming sessions as to whether should we carry on a club with insufficient members. Yes, we took a lot of effort and a lot of luck to get a piece of land and built such a track, but there is also the everyday running cost to take care of (the biz. people like to call it the monthly overheads). So finally, we manage to get events re-started and we definitely hope to get enough entries to generate a surplus for re-building and altering the track. As of now, we have no plans to close it. With your support and participation, we are hoping to continue on.
Hi PHLim

Thanks for the reply. I think all this info should be make known to all members of the club so that all of us make an effort to invite more people to join the club. I think to promote the club, all club members have to play their part. By the way, how many members do we have now and what is the target number of members that we want to reach?

Let's have a newsletter to all members and tell them the situation and ask all of us to bring in new members. Every one just need to bring in one new member, the club will double in no time! I know even that might not be enough but that is just one of the steps, right?

I play 1/8 on road. If the track in MP is close, there will be no place for me to play 1/8 on road! Every one knew that 1/8 on road is a heavy investment, if no place to play, all investment down the drain!

Lastly, is there anything that I can help, please PM me.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hello RC Everything

Last edited by phlim; 08-04-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hello and how are you doing today?

At the moment, the club has a little less than a 100 members, which is barely sufficient to sustain the monthly overheads for operating the track. The minimum would be between 110 to 150 members at the present membership charges. If we ever get 200 members (once attained many years ago but now its like a dream) we would have sufficient surplus to add extras into the track.

For those who would like to view the videos I took on Sunday and had problems downloading it, the following will work till Saturday noon:

For 56K modemers: Click Here

For DSL users: Click Here

Thanks & Best Regards
phlim
Old 08-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default 3rd August 2003, 1/10th scale 200mm GP Open

C Main Champion
Old 08-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

C Main Champion
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC-110-1079_img.jpg  
Old 08-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

B main 3rd
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC-110-1080_img.jpg  
Old 08-05-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

B main 2nd
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC-110-1081_img.jpg  
Old 08-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

B main Champion
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC-110-1082_img.jpg  
Old 08-05-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

A main 3rd
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC-110-1083_img.jpg  
Old 08-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

A main 2nd and TQ winner
Ben Seet
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC-110-1084_img.jpg  
Old 08-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

A main Champion
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC-110-1085_img.jpg  
Old 08-05-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Hello and how are you doing today?

Originally posted by phlim
At the moment, the club has a little less than a 100 members, which is barely sufficient to sustain the monthly overheads for operating the track. The minimum would be between 110 to 150 members at the present membership charges. If we ever get 200 members (once attained many years ago but now its like a dream) we would have sufficient surplus to add extras into the track.

Thanks & Best Regards
phlim
Hi PHLim

Obviously I am not as experience as you are on how to run a RC Club, but below are some of my suggestions, hope that it help. Maybe, some one in the committee already suggested before, in that case, maybe you can tell us why those suggestions are not carry out or maybe failed in attempt. Here goes,

1. Since first Sunday of every month, we have already schedule for a race, be it 1/10 or 1/8, EP or GP. Can we print some posters and distribute to all the Community Clubs in Singapore or even Bus interchanges and MRT stations to inform the public that there is such a event taking place. We can also put a few lines in the news paper under the 'Weekend Recreation' section for the same purpose. Doing so will bring in awareness of the hobby in Singapore. Of course we must also prepare seats for those people that come to see. Maybe an information counter to answer any quarries by them. Explain the hobby to the public and even sign up for members. We can also have arrangement with the LHS to have some car kit packages for beginners, so that they are aware of the cost of the hobby.

2. For what I know, CCK CC also have a RC Club, can we organize a race between this two clubs? Have a championship cup between the clubs or even hobby shop? I am not sure if CCK CC RC Club have any people playing 1/8 on road, but can we ask them if they are willing to share the cost to maintain the MP track? In that case, their members can also make use of the MP track. I understand the membership fee for CCK CC is different from RCMC, but that why we need to negotiate with them.

3. Did RCMC approach any one for sponsorship for races? We can ask MP CC to write letters to people or company for sponsorship for the race. Those company that sponsor can have their company name on a banner put up during the race. Of course, it also depend on how much they sponsor.

4. To attract the members to come back and race, can we organize a series race like one of the LHS is doing. Points are cumulated through out the year or maybe two years. Prize will be given for those top drivers.

5. More newsletters or even a web site. We can introduce the different cars available in the market now and interview those main winners to share their setup experience. Race result and photo (in web site) should be also in the newsletters. Many other things can also in the newsletters, it is useful for those non active members of the club to be aware of what is happening.

I can see that even we have less than 100 members, those members that join the race are always the same few. Is not that it is no good, I thank you for their support. But we must try ways to invite those non active members to join races too.

I am very aware that the above points are not easy tasks to carry out. It need a lot of time and commitment. Some are even political, but in order for the club to survive, we have to do something. The above list is just a pointer, I have many more, it not possible to spell out the details here, but if we can go along in this line, maybe it will work out some day....
Old 08-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 3rd August 2003, 1/10th scale 200mm GP Open

Originally posted by Vinyard
A main Champion

Cheersssssssssssssssssssssss

Old 08-06-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

didnt know thailand no.1 driver has such a good figure... hehehehe
Old 08-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Hello RC Everything, Wah Lau chim man but I try hor

... Can we print some posters and distribute to all the Community Clubs in Singapore or even Bus interchanges and MRT stations to inform the public that there is such a event taking place.
Hmm... we could do that for at least the RCs in Marine Parade.
... We can also put a few lines in the news paper under the 'Weekend Recreation' section for the same purpose.
Now that is nice to have, I'll check this one out.
Maybe an information counter to answer any quarries by them.
We are a little short of volunteers who are willing to do this. We ever did a race, many years back at PA Kallang, a joint project with SAFRA
... CCK CC also have a RC Club ...
Now this one needs careful management, although I am in good talking terms with our good friend Terence Chu, still hmm....
... sponsorship for races?
We tried this, but the response was discouraging.
organize a series race ...
Okay, a lot of people is going to disagree, but please don't flame me, IMHO a series is great for the top 10 to 15 drivers, but extremely discouraging to those below. Historically, the series will built up to a crescendo by the 4th race and then it will tail off and in a 10 race series, the last race will only have about 20 drivers. So we do a lot of work, but generate a lot of unhappiness. Like I said before, just my personal opinion.
More newsletters
Our volunteer editor went on holiday, should be back soon.
... or even a web site
I tried once, but ran out of steam and time, the information is rather dated now, but it is still up HERE. I need volunteers to help me, I am getting old.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll take them up to the committee and let them think about it too. Surely we could adapt some and put them in action.

Best Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.