Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pointed noted... At least now we know.

I like the chicken and egg analogy...
Old 04-23-2002, 11:38 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Default Re: Sorry, AO,

Originally posted by phlim
I have no confirmation yet, the talk-talk vines say that they want to plan a race on May 19 at the East Coast Campsite Track. I have no confirmation.

The other actual date for the next 1/10 ISTC Electric would have been June 30. But judging from the way things have been, I am no longer sure myself.
I understand your position..... Thanks for helping us out... The pa campsite will be a good one.
Old 05-15-2002, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

phlim: Dear Uncle Peng Heng, when you read this, please reply as soon as possible : )
Will there, or will there not be a electric touring car race this coming Sunday, 19th May? If so, at what venue? Thank you very much. : )
Old 05-15-2002, 08:20 PM
AO
Tech Addict

so when next race?

Just let us know, as our cars are rusting
Old 05-16-2002, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Dear Uncle Peng Heng, I heard that this weekend's EP Touring Car race is cancelled? Is it true?

AO, make sure you put after run oil on your EP car!!!

Hmmm, at the rate things go, EP racing will die in the next 24 hours. Hopefully Terence @CCK will fare better.... may the force be with Terence. Or change hobby to watching movies, cycling, reading books....

Last edited by Kenneth Tan; 05-16-2002 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy

Dear all, Just spoke to Wui Kiat on the phone. The RCMC ISTC race that was scheduled for this Sunday, 19-5-2002, has been POSTPHONED till further notice. Wui Kiat told me that there are too many races recently so he get enough helpers for this weekend.

The next open race will be the Sorex Electric Race to be held in Chua Chu Kang CC NEXT weekend, 26-5-2002.

PS : Kenneth ah, you dun trust me ah SMS u liao you still post here to confirm Hheheheeh dun blow my cover ok

Last edited by NightKidZ; 05-16-2002 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

sigh.
seems like pple are not interested to organize EP races anymore. nowadays, there are so many GP races (rcmc, sorex, serpent, etc) but no decent open EP ones (excl tamiya series). maybe someone shld post info on electric races held in JB where us EP enthusiasts can participate.

is the sorex EP series really confirmed? I checked with winnie yesterday but it seems there's no official word from Terence.

not only is my tc turning rusty, the grease on the metal parts are becoming mouldy.

Last edited by Kyew; 05-16-2002 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2002, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

NightKidZ: Thanks for the information.

Kyew: IMHO, the problem seems to be that there isn't an independent group of people (no brand attachments and restrictions) willing to scarifice for the sake of the EP community.

We need a dedicated team of 3 young people to form a EP sub-group to operate and run races. That was what I did with others when I was young. At my age now, I have the will but not the strength. We need some young energetic volunteers and if they trust me, I can tell them all I can about operating races and with intelligent youths like yourselves, within 1 or 2 races, the group should be comfortable to be on their own.

Then we will have a fully open EP event here with no product restrictions.

Any takers? The next upcoming EP race is suppose to be June 30th. The School holiday's last day. It would really be a shame if there isn't any EP events in the month of June.
Old 05-17-2002, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Lim peng heng
hope u can remember me
I am the guy who used to be with Hie Kie?
have any idea?
anyway I am starting a shop with mini Z track in it
and I will be also doing electric car also
could use some help from u
thank you
Old 05-17-2002, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Peng heng......
I like to help but busy working at Tai Sing this june holidays......
(I got no off days...sunday must help Mini4wd race or Tai Sing R/C races)
I can help once school starts......
Old 05-17-2002, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kylelim: Yes, I remembered. Nice to hear from you. It will not be appropriate to have you list your new shop address here, so sent it to my email, I would love to go down and check out the MiniZ track.

Nipple: Thanks a million, I'll count you in as one.

Kylelim: Can count you in as two or not ?

Old 05-29-2002, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

is 1/10 open gas race confirmed this weekend?
any other 1/10 gas race coming up? Yishun? Jurong?
Old 05-29-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool Hello everyone, how are you doing today ?

This Sunday's race (2nd June) is confirmed. There is only 1 event: 1/10th scale ISTC Gas Cars. It would be most appreciated if you could register early so that we could more accurately estimate the tentage requirements.

Your support and participation would be most appreciated.

Other news from the May Meeting:

Wui Kiat is stressed out, so he won't be able to take on the 30th June scheduled 1/10th scale ISTC EP Car race. So far I have 2 volunteers who told me they can help, the third one needs a bit more time before he could also help. I really do need 3 to get the show going.

July 7th is the scheduled 1/8th scale IC GP Car race. Wui Kiat proposed and the committee agreed to add in an additional event: 1/10th scale 200mm IC GP Car race, that means you need to use your 200mm ISTC car, but you can put on a GTP or CamAm body shell, e.g. Lola or the 962 Porsche.

It has been noted that there were a lot of non-members at the PA track. It is a good sign. But although there were numerous repeated efforts to let them play on for the day and advising them to join as a member, seems like we were being ignore.

Well, you know, this is a familiar story, the rest is becoming history, when a compromised situation gets abuse the situation reverses. The committee agreed that there shall not be any more chances, non-members will be requested to leave the track, whether they are playing their cars or not.

It is not going to be a popular move, but what to do. Last race we got 60 entries and only a pathetic 18 are members.

The club has recently acquired a number of self powered AMB transponders and they are for sale to members. Please contact Wui Kiat for it. We are selling it at cost to members. For non-members who wish to purchase one, we would strongly encourage you to join as members.

On the note of members, it has been noted that members from the Nee Soon Zone ?? RCMC and the Chua Chu Kang RCMC have been mistakenly thinking that their membership is also valid for the Marine Parade RCMC East Coast Track. If anyone of you are members or officials of the Nee Soon Zone ?? RCMC or the Chua Chu Kang RCMC, please enlighten your fellow members. Terence ? Any officials from the Nee Soon side ?

Thanks and Best Regards
May the force be with U
Old 05-31-2002, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

phlim: dun think so that this is the case for CCK. I believe that those pple that mentioned that are just using it as an excuse. Well, will definitely advise members on this issue. On a more casual note...would you be free to come over to our meetings as an advisor or committee as we believe that your vast experience would be beneficial to cck....
Old 05-31-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking Wah "Advisor", but my head not that big leh.

Terence: Reply in Tech Forum email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.