Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree404Likes

Yokomo YZ-4 SF

Hide Wikipost
Old 02-06-2018, 06:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-4 SF
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DG Designs

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Junky
Any of you guys upgrading to the aluminum shock caps? Is there an advantage?

did just cause I like them and they are durable. Ditto for the bleeder hole screws not stripping as easy when rebuilding.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noworries
Thanks NORSE....
You should sell this Yokomo buggy.
Norse likes this.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by powerjames
You should sell this Yokomo buggy.

I like it to much, however I have been known to sell brand new builds, to give me an excuse to build another.
LOW ET likes this.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by noworries
Thanks NORSE....
Sweet! Nice seeing it you Mads my friend.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Antimullet
did just cause I like them and they are durable. Ditto for the bleeder hole screws not stripping as easy when rebuilding.
Another (micro) benefit is that the bleed screw hole is centered internally in the aluminum cap. On the plastic caps the hole is off-center.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

I am stuck between the Tekno EB410 and the YZ-4 SF. I know the Tekno has been out longer thus I am finding more reviews and information on it. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with both and could help enlighten me on the durability of the Yokomo and the over all feel. I am actually incredibly lucky to have the following 4 tracks available.

Indoor high traction clay - Dirt Burners Racing
Indoor medium traction clay - RC Club House
Outdoor loose and loamy dirt - Family RC
Indoor Turf - Larry's Performance RC

I typically race at Club House becasue it is the closest to me and the largest of all 4 tracks.

I really can't decide which car to get as part support is fairly equal between the two brands.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caioz1jp
Hey guys,

I am stuck between the Tekno EB410 and the YZ-4 SF. I know the Tekno has been out longer thus I am finding more reviews and information on it. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with both and could help enlighten me on the durability of the Yokomo and the over all feel. I am actually incredibly lucky to have the following 4 tracks available.

I typically race at Club House becasue it is the closest to me and the largest of all 4 tracks.

I really can't decide which car to get as part support is fairly equal between the two brands.
I had the EB and still have a 22-4 and just bought the YZ. The YZ was purely an impulse buy and I haven't had it to the track yet but the quality is head and shoulders above everything else. Dont let the price scare you, you get what you pay for. The EB is a lot less but no carbon fiber in the car. I know its just aesthetics but the shock towers just make the car look cheap. I can wait to get the YZ to the track to try it. I think you will see parts support improved greatly in the coming months with the Yokomo team growing so much in recent weeks.
Antimullet and Norse like this.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

YZ is great. I durability tested it today.
No concerns at all. Very well built and great design.
I recommend it.

First time out with it. Setup is not there yet but it is going to be a really good car.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Question on servos. I’ll be running 13.5 on carpet. I’m leaning towards the the Protek 160T. It’s a low profile high torque and the speed is super fast. Any suggestions/comments other than a Savox?
Old 01-13-2018, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone here know how to set up the wiki for this thread? I think this car is going to be popular and it would be nice to have one place to look for some basic stuff since the instructions can be challenging for those who do not read Japanese!.
sgtlt and archivist like this.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What should spare parts are you all keeping on hand? Plan to travel a bit to places that don’t stock yokomo parts.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Anyone here know how to set up the wiki for this thread? I think this car is going to be popular and it would be nice to have one place to look for some basic stuff since the instructions can be challenging for those who do not read Japanese!.
I read in another thread that the option to create wikipost is under Thread Tools. But I don’t see it. Maybe I don’t rank.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe the wiki can start with decoding the suspension pill insert chart.
05PSD and archivist like this.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caioz1jp
Hey guys,

A guy I know locally had the EB410 and had nothing but trouble. I watched him shred 3 spur gears in one night. He bought a yokomo and hasn’t looked back. I think the tekno is a good car but they have gremlins to work out. The yokomo is nicer straight out of the box.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kbish76
Question on servos. I’ll be running 13.5 on carpet. I’m leaning towards the the Protek 160T. It’s a low profile high torque and the speed is super fast. Any suggestions/comments other than a Savox?
Protek 160T is an excellent servo. Smooth , accurate, strong, fast. I have one in my YZ4 for 2 years and it’s still g2g. Power HD newest full size servos are primo as well. Light for full size, strong fast, quiet, reliable etc. $75 from CRP, the look great with the black machined center core.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.