HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 02:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by eR1c
picked up some new bling for my CR.

Aluminum gearbox brace.
Hi,

I've searched for this item but couldn't find it anywhere - can you share where you found it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Any chance of renaming the thread from "New HPI Cup Racer?" to something like "Discontinued HPI Cup Racer".... I kinda got my hopes up when I saw the thread pop up today... oops!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by billdelong
Any chance of renaming the thread from "New HPI Cup Racer?" to something like "Discontinued HPI Cup Racer".... I kinda got my hopes up when I saw the thread pop up today... oops!
Ditto
Old 03-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool cup racer fan

Hi got them on e-bay or I think its jet Racing in Hong Kong
Old 04-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, I got my aluminum parts and even picked up a carbon fiber chassis from jethobby. I notice thatbmny of the parts have been removed from the site which leads me to believe they have sold out of their remaining inventory. GPM, and assiatees are other places to do Google searches with cup racer for. Yet again, parts are getting slim. I also haverecently picked up a tamiya m05, the cup racer is such a better car for the same size (1/12 or true 1/10).
Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

I've been testing several other cars that are the same size as the Cup Racer with my personal favorite being the NRX-12 so far:
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...99#post1918599
Old 04-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Billdelong,

I agree that the cup racer is not the best for the 1/12 (mini or true ten class ...whatever it is called).

I think it depends on what your club or track allows. For example one track I race at allows most all 1\12 cars (not pan cars) in their mini class, yet tamiya m03 and m05's are the majority. Their are a few cup racers that dominate. In another club in race with they are extremely specific and follow the tamiya championship series rules ....so tamiya M's only.

My preference in this class if everything 1/12 was allowed would be something like you are recommending or an atomic lipo (the price, qua?ity and performance are great).

My least favorite and what I consider to be a quite crappy quality is the tamiya mini cars. I own both a cup racer and a tamiya m05, the cr'r is hands down a better car. But the tamiya championship series is what made this class what it is and therefore the tamiya M's are still most common and allowed where others are not.

It is fun trying to get the tamiya to perform however.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

...I had always hoped that HPI would have created their own mini class and really championed it more. ...maybe even creating a friendly rivalry with tamiya ....kind of like what Mini Cooper did with Porsche.

http://bssp.com/mini-vs-porsche/#/
Old 04-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

My preference in this class if everything 1/12 was allowed would be something like you are recommending or an atomic lipo (the price, qua?ity and performance are great).
The Atomic is rather twitchy, probably not a good choice for an entry level driver, though probably right on par for all the M05 drivers who are used to the twitchyness, ha! It's a little deceptive in price because it lacks wheels tires and body that are included with the NRX-12 which makes it the better value IMO, also the Atomic also had some quality issues that needed to be addressed during the build.

If the class picks up locally, then I'll probably continue buying more brands and evaluate the rest, but for now, my favorite is the NRX-12 which is the best quality and handles the best for me (of those cars that I've tested so far).

In the mean time, I'm gonna keep hoping that a new version of the Cup Racer comes out soon and it will fit a standard LiPo.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

In the mean time, I'm gonna keep hoping that a new version of the Cup Racer comes out soon and it will fit a standard LiPo.
-you and me both!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool cup racer fan

Billdelong,

I agree that the cup racer is not the best for the 1/12 (mini or true ten class ...whatever it is called).

I think it depends on what your club or track allows. For example one track I race at allows most all 1\12 cars (not pan cars) in their mini class, yet tamiya m03 and m05's are the majority. Their are a few cup racers that dominate. In another club in race with they are extremely specific and follow the tamiya championship series rules ....so tamiya M's only.

My least favorite and what I consider to be a quite crappy quality is the tamiya mini cars. I own both a cup racer and a tamiya m05, the cr'r is hands down a better car. But the tamiya championship series is what made this class what it is and therefore the tamiya M's are still most common and allowed where others are not.

It is fun trying to get the tamiya to perform however.
Hi at my track we are open with are mini class. 2 or 4 wd and we have a few
different mini's. Right now the atomic vm2 are doing well and I here xray parts
will fit?? We have the xray tm1 but it only can run 1/10 wheels&tires so a lot
of the mini's bodys dont fit. And then thirs belt vs. shaft drive I still love my
C.R. but it's good to see some other cars to think abought.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Xray T2 diffs, spool drive cups and inner lower arm mounts fit the Atomic VMii. The Atomic is basically a shrunken T2.

Another car to think about is the new TOP mini awd.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

eR1c Do you race at Groundpounders?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, I just started racing w/ Ground Pounders.
Years ago I used to race w/ our local HobbyTown, yet they were bought by another company that rents cars to anyone to race ...so you ended up having people who never drove a hobby grade RC car racing w/ people like myself who have put time and money into their car. The races became literal bash fests ...so I stopped doing that.

Nor-Cal was a fav' place of mine to practice, yet since they moved the drive is just too far for me. It was already far, but now it is like 1 1/2 to 1hr 45min's drive each way.

Are you in the north bay? Have you raced with the Ground Pounders club?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by billdelong
Thanks to whomever changed the thread title

Just curious what the trailing "1M" stands for in the title now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.