Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the SCTE guys. I had some trouble with the motor on my mill and it took a while to get it worked out. I should be able to get some more trays make this weekend. I will post here when they are available again.

Thanks,

Chris
Hi Chris, I sent you a PM. I would like to purchase one of these trays if you found the time to make some more this weekend. LMK.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if any of you guys are looking for a scte I am selling mine sadly with or without electronics just pm me if you are intrested
Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Well yea some fans wont last on the motor especially if they dont have a fan guard on it. However there is some that are better made that can last.

But a simple Heatsink never fails though.

I ordered some parts for the 1.0 the #1 thing was getting the Tekno center Front axle after i had the pin and barrel go though the plastic pin holder during practice ! And the stock center front axle bones looked kind of bad anyways from wear.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by losi007
Im not referring to the wear onnthe outdrive its the whole outdrive when you grab it and wiggle it has a lot of wiggle is this normal? I noticed the rear has more wiggle than the front but they both wobble
I'm guessing you have a roller or RTR? The diff cups with the removable inserts do not have as tight of a tolerance for the out drive bore as the newer HD diff cups. Same goes for the O.D. of the standard out drive shaft. Between the old diff cups and the non-lightened out drives things can get pretty sloppy. The newer one piece diff cups and the Losi lightened out drives or Tekno out drives make for a proper tight fit. I just got through rebuilding all my stuff. Nice and smooth now with no leaking at all.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
I have been using this for a yr with the same fan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Car-Alumi...item2a228a0401

Keeps the temps down to 110 from 150 to 190 now I dont worry about heat

Hrmm, from the looks that would put the fan on its side right ? Maybe that's part of the problem/Solution for standard fans on top, allowing the fan blades to deflect on hard landing's breaking the blades. But maybe standing up the fan like the mount u got saves it form those impacts.

Ill pick one up and try it out.

Thx Chuck
Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So whats the deal, everybody is moving the battery rearward on the 1.0, me included, and the 2.0 and MIP already have it done, and yet Tekno goes the other way and has there battery moved forward, why?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

because it looks like they have the motor further back instead... just my guess haha
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just inspected my outdrives and noticed the rear and front outdrives have a wiggle to them they are not firm....is this normal?
yes this is normal.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If your drive shafts wiggle you need to drop the price 50% and sell it to me immediately. This is a one time offer, you better hurry. Yes, it freaks everyone out who sees it. No need to worry, it does just fine that way.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by platgof
If your drive shafts wiggle you need to drop the price 50% and sell it to me immediately. This is a one time offer, you better hurry. Yes, it freaks everyone out who sees it. No need to worry, it does just fine that way.
I am speaking of the gearbox outdrives not the driveshafts
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a great weekend of racing with this truck outdoors. Finished 3rd in the A after starting 6th. Last straight tangle with 2nd place was epic. I almost drove over the back of him 10ft from the line. I am getting the hang of all the power of the 4x4. Still working on jumping this thing though.
Is there any thing I can do to help with the learning curve coming from 17.5 SC, or is practice the only way to get this beast landing like it should? I can land it right most of the time, but still lawn darting on occasion. This is one TOUGH truck. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Rawwolf; 04-09-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: late night grammar mistakes
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

yes this is normal.. the out drives are as loose as a goose..lol dont worry if they were stiff you would burn up your motor. or something worse..
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rawwolf
Had a great weekend of racing with this truck outdoors. Finished 3rd in the A after starting 6th. Last straight tangle with 2nd place was epic. I almost drove over the back of him 10ft from the line. I am getting the hang of all the power of the 4x4. Still working on jumping this thing though.
Is there any thing I can do to help with the learning curve coming from 17.5 SC, or is practice the only way to get this beast landing like it should? I can land it right most of the time, but still lawn darting on occasion. This is one TOUGH truck. Thanks for any help.
I had the same problem. things I did to help. I moved the body back just enough so the tires would clear. moved the battery as far back as I could . then I put a new body on it and didnt cut the holes so that it would kite a little in the front. MORE holes in the back to get it to drop the back on jumps. I also added a little push on the expo in radio so that when I fingered the throttle it wasn't breaking. WITH these pro 4 hd motors having so much power letting off the trigger and the motor slowing down is like putting on the breaks.. Try holding the trigger at a 1/16 of an inch under power so that its still under power .. and practice make perfect. go out on the track stand on the jump drive it tell you get it right walk the track with the car if it dives keep doing it tell you have it mastered. I like to go out three days of practice and run 6 batteries on my car making adjustments and changing tires to get it to work the best for track conditions. then go kick some butt and come in first place and TQ.. nothing better then a good running line and fast winning truck like the LOSI.. Thanks Horizon Casper and hacker for all the great products and hrs of having fun and set ups..
Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The outdrives with the kit diff cases will have a little wiggle to them. The HD diff cases fixed some of it. The wiggle not bad other the people complain about it. It has never created a performance or maintenance issue that I am aware of.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
The outdrives with the kit diff cases will have a little wiggle to them. The HD diff cases fixed some of it. The wiggle not bad other the people complain about it. It has never created a performance or maintenance issue that I am aware of.
Ok thanks filor the reply just wanted to make sure im not the only one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.