Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This is the turf track I have been going to about once a month or so. I live 5 hours away so it's one of those things that I hit it when I am in the neighborhood deals.

https://www.facebook.com/DriftD3mon/...3309878708689/

Here's the clay track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ALlsyQEyLM

Grip levels between the two are actually surprisingly close. The locals prefer Schumacher blocks and low cut stagger fronts on the turf track. I like Pindowns and Swaggers from JC. On clay it's any clay compound bar tire worn down. Slicks aren't allowed.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Azzkikin
I run on a med bite clay with LG and I have really good traction. If MM doesn't work for you, the LG still might with the right setup for clay.

It may ultimately come down to you wanting 2 cars. lol
The problem I think I will have is that you are running 17.5, I'm not. I typically run 8.5 but actually picked up a 10.5 to make it a little easier to get the power to the track.

IF I decide to just run 17.5, that's a whole new set of issues. I'll need to lighten up the car some (mine's over 1600g) and free up that drive train as well.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
The problem I think I will have is that you are running 17.5, I'm not. I typically run 8.5 but actually picked up a 10.5 to make it a little easier to get the power to the track.

IF I decide to just run 17.5, that's a whole new set of issues. I'll need to lighten up the car some (mine's over 1600g) and free up that drive train as well.
Ya, I keep forgetting you run mod. I run mod in my SC but dig the large turn outs for stock buggy.

Are those wooden jumps covered in carpet or just wood? And that has got to be the smoothest clay track I ever seen.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

the clay track also has a big dirt oval following, so it's setup for that on Sat and offroad (wood jumps) on Sun. They put some carpet on the jumps. They have been doing it for years and really have the jump building process down well.

I often refer to it as just brown colored turf
Old 10-21-2016, 05:16 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thats funny, we race on brown turf every weekend. Was not sure about the color at first but
now its starting to grow on me.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

that track looks fun! I have to admit, I was 100% against turf/carpet but next to 8th scale, I think I enjoy it more than anything else right now.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Surprised no smaller local clubs don't pop up, using carpet laid down in school sports halls.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Surprised no smaller local clubs don't pop up, using carpet laid down in school sports halls.
There's probably some liability issues that the school can't afford to allow.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

https://www.facebook.com/ricochet.rc

I have recently stumbled upon the Schumacher KF2 while looking at Amain. Looks like an awesome buggy. I have a couple questions for you guys currently running the KF2. In your experience is the car durable or fragile during normal racing conditions? How about parts availability being that Schumacher is based in UK? Also for the track I linked to above what configuration would you set up as ?
Thanks Mark
Old 10-26-2016, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default KF2

Originally Posted by charvel74
https://www.facebook.com/ricochet.rc

I have recently stumbled upon the Schumacher KF2 while looking at Amain. Looks like an awesome buggy. I have a couple questions for you guys currently running the KF2. In your experience is the car durable or fragile during normal racing conditions? How about parts availability being that Schumacher is based in UK? Also for the track I linked to above what configuration would you set up as ?
Thanks Mark
Hey Mark! KF2 is very durable, part's are available at dRC (great place) most local hobby shops do not carry Schumacher part's depending where you live. Phil at dRC runs Schumacher vehicle so they know the brand. You would use the low grip configuration for carpet. Hope that helps!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MelKF2
Hey Mark! KF2 is very durable, part's are available at dRC (great place) most local hobby shops do not carry Schumacher part's depending where you live. Phil at dRC runs Schumacher vehicle so they know the brand. You would use the low grip configuration for carpet. Hope that helps!
dRC = Discount RC

The car is very good. DRC and AMain both carry pretty much every part you need. Your local hobby shops should also be able to get parts easily by contacting Schumacher and setting up an account. And if you can't get what you need in the US, Schuie sells direct and will ship to your door.

As far as the car, I would suggest the KF2 SE so that you get all three motor configurations in the package. Most guys seem to prefer the MM layout (motor all the way back) on Clay/dirt, while the low grip layout (motor in the middle position, in front of the battery, on turf and carpet.

The community is a bit smaller than the AE or TLR camps, but it's very helpful and informative. I'm always available for questions but the best bet is to fire off in here first.

Hope you pick one up. You'll love it.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
dRC = Discount RC

The car is very good. DRC and AMain both carry pretty much every part you need. Your local hobby shops should also be able to get parts easily by contacting Schumacher and setting up an account. And if you can't get what you need in the US, Schuie sells direct and will ship to your door.

As far as the car, I would suggest the KF2 SE so that you get all three motor configurations in the package. Most guys seem to prefer the MM layout (motor all the way back) on Clay/dirt, while the low grip layout (motor in the middle position, in front of the battery, on turf and carpet.

The community is a bit smaller than the AE or TLR camps, but it's very helpful and informative. I'm always available for questions but the best bet is to fire off in here first.

Hope you pick one up. You'll love it.

Thanks for the reply guys,
Currently a few guys are using the Kyosho RZ6 which looks similar in terms of the mid mounted motor only difference is its shaft driven instead of belt. Would the high grip be overkill at the track I mentioned above in a previous post? I am looking at early next year to possibly buy this car. Christmas is coming up and most of the extra income will go presents for my kids.
Looks like there is a ton of knowledge just in this thread alone from what I have been reading so far. Again thank you guys your input.
Mark
Old 10-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

No I think the car would be awesome on that track. Start out with the Low Grip layout and work from there.

The 3 positions you can mount the motor in are:
standard (all the way forward with saddle packs in the back)
low grip (back some from the standard position with a shorty pack in the back)
mid motor (motor all the way in the back with the shorty pack in front of it)
Old 10-26-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, figured I'd share a body I've been working on for my KF2.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Nice job on the body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.